Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do You Think Mike Anderson Should Be Fired?

Started by revolution, January 11, 2017, 08:58:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Mike Anderson should be fired?

Yes, immediately!
23 (6.1%)
Yes, at the end of the season.
69 (18.3%)
Only if Arkansas doesn't make the NCAA tournament.
163 (43.1%)
No, he should get a chance to coach his highly rated recruits.  2-3 more years.
106 (28%)
No, Anderson should never be fired. He's done too much for this university.
17 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 377

The best player that Anderson could have ever had potentially play for him at Arkansas was 15 miles down the road and his brother was on the payroll. And we couldn't get him.  So this talk of Anderson's recruiting is why he deserves more time is nonsense.

GuvHog

Quote from: Karma on January 11, 2017, 01:16:07 pm
The best player that Anderson could have ever had potentially play for him at Arkansas was 15 miles down the road and his brother was on the payroll. And we couldn't get him.  So this talk of Anderson's recruiting is why he deserves more time is nonsense.

I actually believe losing the kid from NLR to Florida hurt worse than losing Monk.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hamARchy in the USA

He shouldn't have been hired.   Wasn't even close to being qualified for a job like Arkansas.   He can't be fired soon enough although it would be pointless to fire him before the end of the season.  Whether the team makes the NCAA tourney is meaningless.  MA can't even build a program that can compete at the top of a weak SEC.  Making an occasional NCAA cameo is no achievement.

bvillepig

Quote from: bhogs05 on January 11, 2017, 12:31:09 pm
How many years do you think it takes to turn around a basketball team? 10? Alot of people are wanting Beilema gone as well and he had just a big of a mess if not bigger when you have to have 85 players instead of 12-15.  If Beilema goes 7-5 again next year he'll be gone as well. 

It burned to the ground over a couple years and has smoldered for about 16 give or take a couple.  It looks like it's going to take 6-10 or maybe never in my lifetime if we make some wrong moves.

tophawg19

January 11, 2017, 01:33:27 pm #54 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:46:31 pm by tophawg19
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 12:45:44 pm
The old saying is true. if you listen to fans,you will be sitting with them.the Polls said Hillary was going to win. she lost. so don't put all your stock in polls.
the reason Hillary lost was people were tired of the same old crap and wanted changes . the government refused so they got someone in who would do more for the people . even before taking office he is showing results with companies coming home . we need the basketball version of trump. people are tired of paying for a poor product
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

forrest city joe

Quote from: bvillepig on January 11, 2017, 01:26:37 pm
It burned to the ground over a couple years and has smoldered for about 16 give or take a couple.  It looks like it's going to take 6-10 or maybe never in my lifetime if we make some wrong moves.
Yep! i say 8 years.but it could take a decade to fix the mess we had.but i say 2 more years.

ishankem

No NCAA, no job. Fire him

Long has figured out there are a bunch of suckers born in Arkansas every day.

hobhog

NCAA or bust. I honestly haven't heard one person beside FCJ on radio or around water cooler who cares much anymore. That sux. NCAA or bust and let next hire coach the incoming recruits.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:36:09 pm
Yep! i say 8 years.but it could take a decade to fix the mess we had.but i say 2 more years.
When he is done fixing the mess I hope we hire a basketball coach

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2017, 01:43:06 pm
NCAA or bust. I honestly haven't heard one person beside FCJ on radio or around water cooler who cares much anymore. That sux. NCAA or bust and let next hire coach the incoming recruits.
Lot's of hog fans around me every day. I also listen to razorback talk on the radio. message boards. Im pretty sure everyone has lost all hope in CMA getting it done. The guy can't coach.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2017, 01:43:06 pm
The incoming recruits may even ask for their release.then what?

yodcw2003

If we miss the NCAA tournament again, are we at a point where holding onto MA does more damage than good?? 

IF this team can't get into the tournament this year what evidence is there that they'd be able to make some noise in it next year.

To me, missing this year and an early exit next year isn't good enough after 7 years.

At that point I may be thinking the risk of i) the 2018 recruiting class jumping ship due to poor results; ii) MA not being able to capitalize on that recruiting class; or iii) the 2018 class not living up to expectations, may out weigh keeping MA just b/c he's got a nice recruiting class coming in 18 months from now.

It's not a guaranty that a new coaching staff can't retain some or all of the recruits committed. If Pelphry can do it, then surely someone else can too.

After 6 seasons of disappointment it would be hard not to use the old "definition of insanity" argument.

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:49:22 pm
The incoming recruits may even ask for their release.then what?

Fresh start. But they may not ask for release. Then what?

hobhog

Quote from: yodcw2003 on January 11, 2017, 01:50:33 pm
If we miss the NCAA tournament again, are we at a point where holding onto MA does more damage than good?? 

IF this team can't get into the tournament this year what evidence is there that they'd be able to make some noise in it next year.

To me, missing this year and an early exit next year isn't good enough after 7 years.

At that point I may be thinking the risk of i) the 2018 recruiting class jumping ship due to poor results; ii) MA not being able to capitalize on that recruiting class; or iii) the 2018 class not living up to expectations, may out weigh keeping MA just b/c he's got a nice recruiting class coming in 18 months from now.

It's not a guaranty that a new coaching staff can't retain some or all of the recruits committed. If Pelphry can do it, then surely someone else can too.

After 6 seasons of disappointment it would be hard not to use the old "definition of insanity" argument.

Gets it.

Knot2brite

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:08:04 pm
So get him out just when he is about to get some outstanding players in here? that is not very smart.and it will backfire.
If he cannot win enough to get to the NCAA tourney with the talent he has now then he can't win with those recruits. He got 3 of the top ten juco recruits from last year and has the preseason POY and one of the top 3 point shooters in the nation....how much more does he need to just make it to the tourney? If he doesn't make it this year...gone...and if his recruits leave....there are more fish in the sea...it isn't like we haven't lost top state talent to other schools...patience is a virtue...insanity is a disease
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

RacinRazorback

I think Mikes been "punkin" us fans long enough!

realistichog

I don't know FCJ but he is obviously blinded by his love for MA for "some" reason. A good coach with good guards will beat a MA team every time unless MA gets lucky and a NBA player drops in his lap. I was against his hiring and he can't be fired soon enough for me.

MountieDawg

Does anyone believe if he loses to Mizzou at home Saturday the plug should be pulled after the game?  I don't see that happening but if it does they could play the rest of the games at Fayetteville High because it will be able to hold the crowds.
SEC!

Knot2brite

He will not be fired in the middle of a season unless he was caught with a live boy or dead girl....that just isn't going to happen...if you want honesty...if he doesn't make the NCAA tourney I STILL don't see him getting fired...if he doesn't make the tourney this year he should be..but I really don't think he will

forrest city joe

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 11, 2017, 06:58:37 pm
He will not be fired in the middle of a season unless he was caught with a live boy or dead girl....that just isn't going to happen...if you want honesty...if he doesn't make the NCAA tourney I STILL don't see him getting fired...if he doesn't make the tourney this year he should be..but I really don't think he will
Hope you are right. he should not be fired period!

tophawg19

those recruits are coming to the U OF A , Not the U OF MA. They knew he very well could be gone . and the way he's coaching right now, they may be gone anyway. Who wants to play for a coach who can't even make the NCAA 2o% of the time ? 1 in 6 years means they could play all 4 here and never make one .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Knot2brite

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 07:05:29 pm
Hope you are right. he should not be fired period!
If he doesn't go to the tourney this year he should...if he doesn't and he isn't fired...you and about 1500 will be the only ones in the gym or watching on the tv...I am giving him until the end of the year to prove that he can take a talented team to the dance...if he can't with this team...then he willnot Be able to with the super men that he recruited until their junior or senior year and that will be four to five years from now and I am just not willing to wait that long ..I can watch other teams play basketball and watch good fundamental basketball at that...I will not miss worrying about whether or the Hogs even have a team...football and baseball will keep my attention and basketball season will just be a rest season between them. No one will miss me and no one will care that I am not watching...in the end no one will care much about program at all...

hobhog

20% approval rating. Hard to come back from that.....

Beaverfever

This year has been tournament or bust for me since the end of last year.  It's year 6 and it's time to show us what you got. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 01, 2014, 08:25:57 pm
Giving Mike 6 years to fix Pel's mess would be fine with me. i haveno problem r him that amount of time. but i won't take that much time. by year 5 he will have the program rolling.

And now it's 8 years.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogBreath

These awesome recruits Mike has lined up will only be here one year, then they'll be off to fame & fortune in the NBA.
So that's no solution. 

Time to find a real coach.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:08:04 pm
So get him out just when he is about to get some outstanding players in here? that is not very smart.and it will backfire.

Many 4 and 5 star kids leave after 1 or 2 years so even if the two signing classes are very good how long will the kids stay ? What facts can you show me that Mike can keep recruiting at that level particularly if his recruits are not coming from Arkansas?  What facts do we have that Mike can build our program to a consistent top 25 program?   Mike a good coach and a good person  but we want more. The salaries we are paying our BB coaches and the facilities we have given them I think we should get better results.

Pork Twain

If we do not make it to the NCAA, then fired for sure.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2017, 09:52:10 am

Considering a voted "only if we don't make the NCAA tourney," I would vote the same today.

Dropkick

Quote from: Karma on January 26, 2017, 09:53:54 am
Considering a voted "only if we don't make the NCAA tourney," I would vote the same today.
Same here

Atlhogfan1

I think jb should be banned from linking sites for a while for trying to stir darn up unnecessarily. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorpigg

revolution

January 26, 2017, 10:39:47 am #83 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:32:45 pm by revolution
Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2017, 09:52:10 am

I was thinking this same thing, and I'm the one who posted the poll after that dreadful loss at home to MSU.  At that time, I was seriously doubting that this team could get into the Tournament, and I was mad as heck.

For the record, I also voted that MA should be fired if this team doesn't make the Tournament.  Obviously, with the grit this team has shown over the last couple of weeks, things are looking up.  But I'm guessing most feel that this team's success is tenuous.  One or two more bad losses, and we're right back where we were, except further down the road with no time to compensate.  If that happens, there will be plenty more anger.

Hog fans just want to support a winner.  You might say we've tasted prime rib and champagne, so we're not satisfied with stale baloney sandwiches and flavored water.  Right now this team is cheesesteak and sweet tea, and most of us enjoy that. 

Keep up the good work, Hogs!  The fans are with you and hopes are trending upward.

FineAsSwine

Little Lady Back

Quote from: revolution on January 26, 2017, 10:39:47 am
I was thinking this same thing, and I'm the one who posted the poll after that dreadful loss at home to MSU.  At that time, I was seriously doubting that this team could get into the Tournament, and I was mad as heck.

For the record, I also voted that MA should be fired if this team doesn't make the Tournament.  Obviously, with the grit this team has shown over the last couple of weeks, things are looking up.  But I'm guessing most feel that this team's success is tenuous.  One or two more bad losses, and we're right back where we were, except further down the road with no time to compensate.  If that happens, they'll be plenty more anger.

Hog fans just want to support a winner.  You might say we've tasted prime rib and champagne, so we're not satisfied with stale baloney sandwiches and flavored water.  Right now this team is cheesesteak and sweet tea, and most of us enjoy that. 

Keep up the good work, Hogs!  The fans are with you and hopes are trending upward.

Good post.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

snoblind

1highhog

Quote from: revolution on January 11, 2017, 08:58:03 am
I vote he should be fired if he doesn't make the NCAA tournament, and I don't think he will.

Same here, I have not moved from my position from whatever road wins over weak competition the SEC is.  I know that we usually in years past have lost these games but we still have a ways to go in the SEC as well, and we have Okie State to play next on the road.  We must win this weekend and most of our remaining SEC games plus make some serious noise in the SEC Tournament I think in order to make the big dance and for me I think that's what should be expected of MA, but I'm just a fan so my opinion doesn't count.  I don't go to all the games but as many as I can, and it's been hard these past years, but without a strong showing I'm ready for something new.

azhog10

I would like to see what CMA can do with the recruits he has coming in.....BUT......if he doesn't make the tourney and JL decides it's time to go then I will support that decision. CMA has been given plenty of time, no matter how bad things were when he got here. Ultimately it will be the recruiting class and summer of two years ago that does him in. From Qualls leaving early, only signing Jimmy Whitt, and then JW and Beard getting in trouble.

HawgnCorona

Some of you speak as though NWA it is the easiest place to recruit too, it is not we all know that, for whatever reason...Bringing in a new coach is not going to solve the problem...Who wants a job with a revolving coaching change every 5 or 6 yrs. So you get rid of the coach as if that is the only problem.

They way some of you think you dont deserve anything, really...same goes for football.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

texas tush hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:36:09 pm

Don't worry Joe, Mike will be here two more years, trust me.

Da Porker

Wow - there are quiet a few Arkansas natives on this team and this is all the love yall have for a 16-4 team?? 

For the dweebs wanting him fired - you deserve another 5 yrs of Pelfrey

Go Hogs!
Go Hogs

hview

No way you get rid of Mike Anderson. An explanation isn't needed.

JONAS

No.  The Hogs are 16-4 and have a good chance to make the NCAA Tournament.  If not, they should make the NIT.  Even if they do not make either tournament, I think that Coach Anderson should be given at least two years to see he can do with the recruiting class coming in. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Uh, you won't get a better coach.

Stay the course. Build its building towards something.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

WBOBO

I'm still on the fence.  This team reminds me of a train that is rolling on the tracks
and decides for some unknown reason to derail, yet somehow jump back on the
tracks and continue forward.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Cornfed Pig

MIC ANNERSIN shood B ferd so we kin git anuthern N here N gripe abowt HE-UHM, nnnnnduuurrrrrrrrrrrr

WBOBO

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on January 26, 2017, 10:36:28 pm
MIC ANNERSIN shood B ferd so we kin git anuthern N here N gripe abowt HE-UHM, nnnnnduuurrrrrrrrrrrr
You my friend should be banned and be gone. Bye Bye.

WBOBO

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on January 26, 2017, 10:36:28 pm
By the way going through life dumb drunk and stupid is no way to go.
And yes you are an immature idiot.  An idiot.