Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 #9 and 2015 #22 recruiting class rankings ..Be mad all you want

Started by dsims2k3, January 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2017, 06:22:06 pm
I noticed that, prior to last night, Mississippi State's best win was over Boise State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had played a horrible schedule and lost to Lehigh and East Tennessee State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had lost at home to Alabama, which is 9-6 this season.

They are not worldbeaters. They beat us, because we can't play defense worth a flip. Again.
Well  something  clicked because  they blew LSU out their own arena before  playing us and are now 11-4.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

majp51

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2017, 06:22:06 pm
I noticed that, prior to last night, Mississippi State's best win was over Boise State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had played a horrible schedule and lost to Lehigh and East Tennessee State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had lost at home to Alabama, which is 9-6 this season.

They are not worldbeaters. They beat us, because we can't play defense worth a flip. Again.

They are very talented, very young, and very inconsistent. They have the talent where if they catch Kentucky looking past them, could very easily win. They could also get caught up in the moment of playing Kentucky and lose 100-48. With the talent on the squad and all the freshmen and sophomores on that team playing together as a team they could be world beaters.

With all that being said, they need so much seasoning, that a team like Arkansas could have run them off the floor, even with that talent. Alas CMA plays defense as "press for the steal' not pressure defense. Bob Huggins is proving that a variant of Nolan's defense still works, CMA just isn't using it

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
But this in not Rick Ray's Bulldogs anymore. Some of you haven't been paying attention to SEC basketball.
they didnt even bother to watch the game and have no idea about that squad. Q was unconscious and they may have beaten UK last night.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

dsims2k3

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 11, 2017, 06:48:03 pm
so you are saying we got beat by a very young team and that makes it all better . ?And at home ? It used to be everyone feared the hogs at home. Now ho hum .

8800 fans aren't intimidating anyone.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 06:50:13 pm
Well  something  clicked because  they blew LSU out their own arena before  playing us and are now 11-4.

LSU is terrible.
[CENSORED]!

dsims2k3

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2017, 06:51:45 pm
they didnt even bother to watch the game and have no idea about that squad. Q was unconscious and they may have beaten UK last night.

Exactly. The reason for the losses Mississippi State do have is the fact Q Witherspoon was about have season ending surgery but opted out at the last minute.

tophawg19

hope he's not a defense attorney . you'd get the death penalty for running a stop sign
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

dsims2k3

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2017, 06:54:29 pm
LSU is terrible.
Miss State is legit. There is no shame losing to them. I watched them before Witherspoon's wrist injury.

rude1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 06:58:11 pm
Miss State is legit. There is no shame losing to them. I watched them before Witherspoon's wrist injury.
Please just stop. You are just peeing on everyone's foot and trying to convince them it's raining. There's a reason the Hogs were favored by 10 and it's not because they thought we were great. We are the best win they have managed by far all season and that's not saying a lot.

dsims2k3

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:03:15 pm
Please just stop. You are just peeing on everyone's foot and trying to convince them it's raining. There's a reason the Hogs were favored by 10 and it's not because they thought we were great. We are the best win they have managed by far all season and that's not saying a lot.

No folks running around acting like this loss is as bad as the November loss to Mizzou. Not nearly the same.

majp51

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:03:15 pm

I'll go one step further, even if MSU has "turned the corner", and makes the NCAA, that should actually be more cause for concern and frustration not less. Because if MSU has done that in two years , then CMAs window is gone, and means he either could never have hacked it, or (IMHO) he squandered his window of opportunity.

code red

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 10:34:23 pm
Is this supposed to make us feel better or worse?!

MA is in year 6. Howland is in year 2.
NOW THIS IS A GREAT POST AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LAST ONE.  In addition I believe it has been well documented today.  That Howland told his kids we don"t block out well.....yet all Mike has is telling our kids to rebound in the TO's.  Yeah let's just wait on the next class.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 07:07:53 pm
I'll go one step further, even if MSU has "turned the corner", and makes the NCAA, that should actually be more cause for concern and frustration not less. Because if MSU has done that in two years , then CMAs window is gone, and means he either could never have hacked it, or (IMHO) he squandered his window of opportunity.
Another astute and valid point.......one that last year would get you bant.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

dsims2k3

Well of course he turned it around. Howland  is a 3 time Final Four  coach. Those don't fall out of  trees.

rude1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 07:07:38 pm
No folks running around acting like this loss is as bad as the November loss to Mizzou. Not nearly the same.
Yes they are the same minus the spin. Oh wait there was the football apologist trying to convince us Mo. really wasn't that bad. So I guess each forum must have them.

dsims2k3

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:23:42 pm
Yes they are the same minus the spin. Oh wait there was the football apologist trying to convince us Mo. really wasn't that bad. So I guess each forum must have them.

No the Mizzou  football loss was worse. They have nothing going. Miss  State is trending up.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
But this in not Rick Ray's Bulldogs anymore. Some of you haven't been paying attention to SEC basketball.
This is what I'm trying to get these bridge jumpers to see. This is a very talented Mississippi State team. This is not those non talented Mississippi State teams we used to chalk up as an win. Young but very talented. Not on the Kentucky freshmen level but not far behind either.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rude1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 07:30:22 pm
No the Mizzou  football loss was worse. They have nothing going. Miss  State is trending up.
LMAO, STOP, they are trending up because they beat us? What are their other signature wins other than us, a bad LSU team? What are you going to say when the rest of the conference shows they are nothing special?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 07:33:38 pm
This is what I'm trying to get these bridge jumpers to see. This is a very talented Mississippi State team. Young but very talented. Not on the Kentucky freshmen level but not far behind either.
Exactly. Everony ignoring the fact that Miss State have highly rated recruits that play for a 3 time Final Four coach.

dsims2k3

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:35:47 pm
LMAO, STOP, they are trending up because they beat us? What are their other signature wins other than us, a bad LSU team? What are you going to say when the rest of the conference shows they are nothing special?

11-4  is their record. Do you honestly believe they will finish 16th in the SEC?

MountieDawg

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 07:40:13 pm
11-4  is their record. Do you honestly believe they will finish 16th in the SEC?

Mike your are on a roll protecting yourself tonight... can you tell us about our time out philosophy?
SEC!

majp51

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:23:42 pm

Rude you are swinging the pendulum too far the other way. MSU has the talent to actually be something, they just need time to gel, and who knows maybe these last two games were what MSU needed. Losing this weekend to Missouri would in fact be as bad or worse than losing to Missouri in football.

rude1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 07:36:57 pm
Exactly. Everony ignoring the fact that Miss State have highly rated recruits that play for a 3 time Final Four coach.
Mstate loses: 86-61 to UCF.....87-73 Lehigh.....67-65 East Tn State.......68-58 Alabama...As you can see they only lose to the best that college basketball has to offer, takes a special team to overcome that wealth of talent they have.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2017, 07:13:08 pm
NOW THIS IS A GREAT POST AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LAST ONE.  In addition I believe it has been well documented today.  That Howland told his kids we don"t block out well.....yet all Mike has is telling our kids to rebound in the TO's.  Yeah let's just wait on the next class.

Listening to MA "miked up" made me cringe. He does not sound like a top-flight coach. You should hear some of them. MA doesn't even know how to use the time of a timeout.
[CENSORED]!

majp51

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:50:08 pm
Mstate loses: 86-61 to UCF.....87-73 Lehigh.....67-65 East Tn State.......68-58 Alabama...As you can see they only lose to the best that college basketball has to offer, takes a special team to overcome that wealth of talent they have.

Rude, all true. But UK super freshman always have a few head scratching games too. So silly bad looking losses from a team whose primary talent is freshmen and sophomores and talented , but not Kentucky Talented, should not have you presuming they are Missouri bad.

Doesn't make the loss any less bad, just no need to try and make it like MSU is a bad team

WorfHog

Quote from: Dropkick on January 10, 2017, 10:56:13 pm
For God's sake they have lost to Lehigh, East Tennessee State and Central Florida. This is a horrific loss.

Well coached teams start to gel during conference play. That was Bo's Mattingly's big excuse of the day. Arkansas hasn't gelled yet. If they haven't gelled yet it'll be to late by the time they do. Should beat an absolutely terrible Missouri team Saturday, but this Mississippi State loss will keep us out of the tournament.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 07:50:08 pm
Non-conference is almost like preseason. A lot of coaches experiment with different things. You want to have your rotation and everything else set when conference play begins. And the rotation usually shrinks when conference play begins. It you didn't see a talented team last night you may not know much about basketball... ??? ...I'll take a team full of shooters all day long. Especially in todays game.

rude1

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 07:46:40 pm
Rude you are swinging the pendulum too far the other way. MSU has the talent to actually be something, they just need time to gel, and who knows maybe these last two games were what MSU needed. Losing this weekend to Missouri would in fact be as bad or worse than losing to Missouri in football.
Please STOP with the Mstate exaggeration, I gave their losses, here are the teams they beat: Norfolk State - record 3-12....Boise St. 11-4.....UTEP 2-13......Northwester State 6-8.....Oregon St. 4-13....Georgia St. 8-7....Southern Ms. 5-10....Morehead St. 6-10....UMKC 8-10....LSU 9-5....ARKANSAS 12-4.....Combined records for their wins 66-96.....Yeah I would say they are a very good team having played the most difficult schedule..............

rude1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 08:02:02 pm
Non-conference is almost like preseason. A lot of coaches experiment with different things. You want to have your rotation and everything else set when conference play begins. And the rotation usually shrinks when conference play begins. It you didn't see a talented team last night you may not know much about basketball... ??? ...I'll take a team full of shooters all day long. Especially in todays game.
See above post. Those are the numbers, the crap you all are spewing is coming out your azzzzzz......

MountieDawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 08:02:02 pm

MA experimented with different things too, strawberry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, lemon cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes and many were covered in frosting!
SEC!

majp51

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 08:06:45 pm
Please STOP with the Mstate exaggeration, I gave their losses, here are the teams they beat: Norfolk State - record 3-12....Boise St. 11-4.....UTEP 2-13......Northwester State 6-8.....Oregon St. 4-13....Georgia St. 8-7....Southern Ms. 5-10....Morehead St. 6-10....UMKC 8-10....LSU 9-5....ARKANSAS 12-4.....Combined records for their wins 66-96.....Yeah I would say they are a very good team having played the most difficult schedule..............

WHat exaggeration rude? They are a talented squad, that is very young, and very very inconsistent. They also got two of their losses with their most consistent player , Weatherspoon, not in the line up. The only exaggerating is coming from you, You are the one that is trying to say they are one of the worst teams in all of basketball.

Now just because I recognize the talent they have doesn't make the loss any less disappointing, because with any semblance of a 3 point defense that game would have likely been a 15 point Arkansas win. MSU is likely an NIT team this year, that with a few more wins like last night could slip into the NCAA's.

majp51

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 08:10:28 pm
MA experimented with different things too, strawberry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, lemon cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes and many were covered in frosting!

Wait, so the reason why CMA won't leave is because of Rick's Bakery?

rude1

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 08:27:10 pm

WHat exaggeration rude? They are a talented squad, that is very young, and very very inconsistent. They also got two of their losses with their most consistent player , Weatherspoon, not in the line up. The only exaggerating is coming from you, You are the one that is trying to say they are one of the worst teams in all of basketball.

Now just because I recognize the talent they have doesn't make the loss any less disappointing, because with any semblance of a 3 point defense that game would have likely been a 15 point Arkansas win. MSU is likely an NIT team this year, that with a few more wins like last night could slip into the NCAA's.

I point you again, to who they have beaten and who has beaten them, they are NOT a good team, but if saying that helps you cope with losing to them, that's fine with me. They are a jump shooting team and teams that play decent perimeter defense against them will fare well, which leaves us out.

majp51

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 08:29:45 pm
I point you again, to who they have beaten and who has beaten them, they are NOT a good team, but if saying that helps you cope with losing to them, that's fine with me. They are a jump shooting team and teams that play decent perimeter defense against them will fare well, which leaves us out.

Never once have I called them a good team, I have said talented. And very inconsistaent. And if you bothered to actually read my posts I have said I am disappointed with the loss from an Arkanasas perspective.

but whatever, you need to hammer CMA you need to overstate the badness of the losses, and if that helps you sleep at night, well I hope it helps you sleep well.

THe facts are that The MSU is talented, but should have been winning this game next year, presume normal team growth, and not this year.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Sivad

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2017, 07:52:58 pm
Listening to MA "miked up" made me cringe. He does not sound like a top-flight coach. You should hear some of them. MA doesn't even know how to use the time of a timeout.
It was very telling. In a bad way.

WorfHog

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 08:28:25 pm
Wait, so the reason why CMA won't leave is because of Rick's Bakery?

No one said he has to leave town. Nolan sticks around, maybe they can get some adjoining property.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 11, 2017, 07:07:38 pm
You are right it's worse, you forgot to mention that the best rated player in either class is now at Kansas, and that they beat us with mostly freshman at our place and we are starting 3 Sr's. And 2 juniors. No doubt you love MA and think he doesn't get treated the same as "other" coaches! but defending this loss is at best stupid

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 08:08:43 pm
See above post. Those are the numbers, the crap you all are spewing is coming out your azzzzzz......
Look, you can be negative all you want I choose to be positive. Mississippi State is a young quality basketball team rather you like it or are willing to admit it or not. Should they have beaten us at home? No. But they did because they have enough talent to do no matter rather they are freshmen or not. Kentucky has a team full of freshmen but I don't hear anyone saying they shouldn't win a game because they are freshmen... ??? Just saying. Talent is talent no matter if your a freshmen or a senior. It is what it is. Get back to me at the end of the season when Mississippi State is one of the best teams in the conference.

Like the one poster said two of their losses came with Weatherspoon not playing. I dare to say that if he hadn't played the other night we would have on also. Now that JMO...Go ahead then, carry on with hate of Coach Anderson

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 08:29:45 pm
Golden State is a jump shooting team. Does that make them not a good team also? Like I said earlier. I'll take a team full of shooters any day. Keeps the floor spreaded.

If all this Mike Anderson hate helps you cope or sleep at night carry on then...