Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 #9 and 2015 #22 recruiting class rankings ..Be mad all you want

Started by dsims2k3, January 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

But this in not Rick Ray's Bulldogs anymore. Some of you haven't been paying attention to SEC basketball.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Yeah, they hired a real coach and he's turning the corner after a few years. Sounds like a solid strategy.

hobhog

Is this supposed to make us feel better or worse?!

MA is in year 6. Howland is in year 2.

jdunhog

Well put but Miss State was 176 RPI coming in to this game. I watched them play Moorehead state and struggle to beat them! You can't lose to these guys at home!!

Hollywood870

They looked very talented. That doesn't change the fact that we aren't very talented and aren't well coached.

Knot2brite

As true as that is....not rotating on the backside of defense, not stopping the ball from being dribbled into the lane, not blocking out on rebounds and not taking the ball to the goal aggressively will get most teams beat by Ramsey Jr high
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

dsims2k3

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 10:34:23 pm
Is this supposed to make us feel better or worse?!

MA is in year 6. Howland is in year 2.
Well it isn't  the upset people think it is.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

hobhog

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

dsims2k3

Quote from: jdunhog on January 10, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
Well put but Miss State was 176 RPI coming in to this game. I watched them play Moorehead state and struggle to beat them! You can't lose to these guys at home!!
Their best player  didn't play either.  Their rpi was much  worse earlier this season. Look out for them in February.

pigroots

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
But this in not Rick Ray's Bulldogs anymore. Some of you haven't been paying attention to SEC basketball.
So you are saying a home loss to a team that was trash a couple years ago should be considered acceptable? Tired of mediocrity....

dsims2k3

rude1

Not sure this helps Mike, Howland didn't sit on his ass for 6 years and wait for his state to produce a crop of kids good enough to save his job. He rolled his sleeves up day one and went to work.

dsims2k3

Quote from: pigroots on January 10, 2017, 10:42:30 pm
So you are saying a home loss to a team that was trash a couple years ago should be considered acceptable? Tired of mediocrity....

You are discussing  a completelydifferent team, hence their rankings. They have 6 **** players and 1 *** player in last year's class alone.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:42:36 pm
I'm  quite sure that you of all people know that Mississippi State is  much better than what their record says.

Miss State is mediocre at best. It's ridiculous to try and justify a loss like we witnessed tonight.

LRHawg

Just shows you how little we've gotten for our money. We have built nothing in his time here. We're literally at square one until maybe, next year it might get better.

Sho Nuff

So Howland can turn it around in 2 years, but Mike can't do it in 6?  Got it.

porkinsons disease

All I get from this is Ben Howland can accomplish more in 2 years than Mike Anderson in 6. Thanks for reaffirming what some of us already knew
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

root_hawg

dsims2k3

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 10, 2017, 10:46:47 pm
Miss State is mediocre at best. It's ridiculous to try and justify a loss like we witnessed tonight.

Say what you want but I know better.

HawgAdvocate

I'm  quite sure that you of all people know that Mississippi State is  much better than what their record says.

The season's results and rankings speak for themselves.

Vegas had us -10. Come on now. Lipstick on a pig.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

EastexHawg

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:36:38 pm
Well it isn't  the upset people think it is.

Are Arkansas fans supposed to be satisfied with losing at home to Mississippi State because they are better than us?

dsims2k3

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:45:56 pm
You are discussing  a completelydifferent team, hence their rankings. They have 6 **** players and 1 *** player in last year's class alone.

Recruiting and coaching have turned their program around in less than 2 years.  Is that what you're saying?

WorfHog

Dropkick

For God's sake they have lost to Lehigh, East Tennessee State and Central Florida. This is a horrific loss.

toxichog

I believe the point was that the main reason Howland is a great coach is he can really recruit.........and I would add the reason CMA is struggling is because he has not recruited well since coming back to Arkansas.  K. Allen is a premier player in the SEC and he plays for Florida.  M. Monk is one of the top 3 players ever to come out of Arkansas and he plays for Kentucky.  If they were at Arkansas we are 15-1 right now.......and nobody's bitching..........
Please don't take this as making excuses.........as the head coach at Arkansas you MUST get the BEST players in this state.......

hobhog

hawgmasta

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2017, 10:50:15 pm
The season's results and rankings speak for themselves.

Vegas had us -10. Come on now. Lipstick on a pig.

-10 and Arkansas Basketball is supposed to always cover at BWA.

majp51

Ok the point this is the same team that lost to Alabama by 10 a week ago , in Starkville.

Every analyst likes what they see Howland is doing, but they are projected to be about a year away. They are definitely more talented, and should note that their recruiting class for 2017 is better that's Arkansas too, and so this game and the LSU game could point to them actually "gelling".if they play Kentucky close, the. Maybe the talent has come together.

But without more evidence you have a team with a bad RPI, and 3 bad losses, just beat you at home.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2017, 10:53:55 pm
Recruiting and coaching have turned their program around in less than 2 years.  Is that what you're saying?
I give credit because it's better for the league.

hobhog

Hollywood870

Quote from: Dropkick on January 10, 2017, 10:56:13 pm
For God's sake they have lost to Lehigh, East Tennessee State and Central Florida. This is a horrific loss.
Oh we're not going anywhere no doubt. I was just admiring their team. That is how bad it's gotten for me.

regi

They lost to ETSU at home, Lehigh and UCF. The player that made it a top 10 class, is not on the roster. Relax. They will be on the NIT bubble

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 10:35:37 pm
As true as that is....not rotating on the backside of defense, not stopping the ball from being dribbled into the lane, not blocking out on rebounds and not taking the ball to the goal aggressively will get most teams beat by Ramsey Jr high
Amen. Junior high fundamentals, lost on a multi million dollar college "coach."

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 10:35:37 pm
Best summary I've seen so far.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: Karma on January 10, 2017, 10:33:50 pm
Yeah, they hired a real coach and he's turning the corner after a few years. Sounds like a solid strategy.

Yep. We should try it.

The_Iceman

You aren't helping Mike's case. Only hurting it actually.

Hawg Red

Gotta win that game at home. Period. There is no spin. Mississippi State, I think, as turned a corner or flipped a switch. So they aren't a terrible team by the eye test currently. But their RPI is poor and they aren't so good that we shouldn't put them away at home.

ifghog

rickfahr

We could lose to an intramural team, and some folks would be talking about that team having some underrated stars. Good lord.

rickfahr

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2017, 10:51:09 pm
Are Arkansas fans supposed to be satisfied with losing at home to Mississippi State because they are better than us?

This is the proper response. We're supposed to be happy that Miss State is better than us? In year 6 of cma?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 10, 2017, 10:46:47 pm

I wouldn't say they are mediocre either.  Young and improving.  They will end up much higher than 176 and probably in the top 100 RPI.

But.... Still should not have lost to them last night.  Now teams lose all the time to teams they should not lose to, but coming off the KY game fans were willing to support the team as long as the team was out there giving max effort.  Didn't appear that way last night.  Some fans are tired because it's Mike's 6th year.  I think others (although they probably wouldn't admit it) at lease subconsciously have little patience for losing to "inferior" opponents or losing games you shouldn't because of the way football season ended.   It left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  They know the 15 million dollar man isn't getting fired so frustration boils over to basketball.  Whether it's fair or not best thing Mike can do is win and it stops all of this.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Biggus Piggus

I noticed that, prior to last night, Mississippi State's best win was over Boise State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had played a horrible schedule and lost to Lehigh and East Tennessee State.

I noticed that Mississippi State had lost at home to Alabama, which is 9-6 this season.

They are not worldbeaters. They beat us, because we can't play defense worth a flip. Again.
[CENSORED]!

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 10, 2017, 10:35:10 pm

Ther highest rated recruit from 2015 left for Kansas, not sure they would be ranked in the Top 25 that year in recruiting without him.

It is awful to start off SEC play 0- 2 in DUD Walton.  He is killed whatever may have been left of an intimidating DUD Walton.
SEC!

majp51

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 06:32:42 pm
Ther highest rated recruit from 2015 left for Kansas, not sure they would be ranked in the Top 25 that year in recruiting without him.

It is awful to start off SEC play 0- 2 in DUD Walton.  He is killed whatever may have been left of an intimidating DUD Walton.

Without Malik Newman, MSU's 2015 class is Still the exact same number of Stars as Arkansas' 2017 Class, which would still put them around 25.

For those counting MSU has 8 four star players in a two year span, and are adding another 5 star and a 4 star next season.

dsims2k3

Quote from: HF#1 on January 11, 2017, 02:39:29 pm
Should have beat them at home. No excuses.
Miss State blew out LSU on the road right before playing us.

tophawg19

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:49:20 pm
Say what you want but I know better.
so you are saying we got beat by a very young team and that makes it all better . ?And at home ? It used to be everyone feared the hogs at home. Now ho hum .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins