Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All is not lost tonight Hog fans still a long season

Started by forrest city joe, January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Knot2brite

I am still waiting until the end of the year to see what the result is before I start hammering the drum. I still say NCAA or gone but I will say this...I still see the same fundamental mistakes every game and I am willing to believe that some of this is on the players but after a while someone has to change the situation. We do not stop the ball and we play bad backside help defense and there is little to no movement to get position when the ball goes in the air. We need to take the ball to the goal more aggressively and move more in the motion offense. At some point things have to change..not taking about gettihrf rid of MA ....yet....but he has to find a way to win the games at home and steal some on the road ...now he has to steal more on the road because he has lost two at home...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SONofHAM

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:18:34 pm
You guys need to just calm down.Mike is still building this program. top recruiting classes are on the way. i hope Jeff Long does not mess this up by firing Mike. i said it when he fired CBP in football. be careful what you wish for. Mike needs just a little more time.
he certainly needs more time.....but does he deserve it?
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

BassinHawg

HORSE HOCKEY! Go Crawl Back in Your Hole!

Did anyone see Scotty Thurman cock his head sideways and look baffled after Soft, Sour Faced Mike said something during a timeout? Hilarious! You could tell he thought Soft, Sour Faced Mike had lost his mind.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 10, 2017, 10:23:28 pm
You thinking we need to get give him an extension, Joe? 5 years or a few more?

With a great coach like Mike Anderson, we would all be better off with a life contract so we won't lose him when people realize his potential.

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 10, 2017, 10:22:21 pm
FCJ - serious question here.  How many years does a coach have to miss the tournament at Arkansas to lose your support?
There's another question you have to ask to get an answer.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 10, 2017, 10:23:47 pm
This post proves FC Joe still has faith in Arkansas Basketball.

Go Hogs!! GO Mike Anderson!! and GO FC JOE!!!

Two of those listed do need to go for sure.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Razorback basketball is straight up dead. I don't know if infant baby Jesus could even resurrect it.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogsanity

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 10, 2017, 10:25:29 pm
With a great coach like Mike Anderson, we would all be better off with a life contract so we won't lose him when people realize his potential.

so whose 2nd account are you?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:20:36 pm
this post proves you either either a phony, here to drive posts, or should committed to a mental care facility.
Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 10:17:54 pm
I still support Mike!! Just get to 11 wins. These guys don't have no heart down low.
I am supporting my team,and my coach.not screaming like a 2 year old to fire the coach. it's a long season.not going to freak out after 4 sec games.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Going to be some ups and downs,but i still love the Hogs and am 100% behind them. and 100% behind coach Mike Anderson. just rela and enjoy the season. do not give up on this team.the great recruiting classes are on the way.

FCJ is a great comedian

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:27:05 pm
I am supporting my team,and my coach.not screaming like a 2 year old to fire the coach. it's a long season.not going to freak out after 4 sec games.
Unless it's a football coach.

I actually do think FCJ is a troll. I used to think he was just delusional, but it's beyond that.

WBOBO

You guys need to just calm down.Mike is still building this program. top recruiting classes are on the way. i hope Jeff Long does not mess this up by firing Mike. i said it when he fired CBP in football. be careful what you wish for. Mike needs just a little more time.
Year 5 is not a building year in football or basketball.  Shiite or get off the pot.  This is a show me world, and I'm not liking either one's building blocks.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

cosmodrum

You gotta be kidding me. There is no silver lining here. No hope. Only misery leading into apathy.

Please go do some ass blasting. Long needs another round of it.
Go away, batin'

Dmacattack

Mike Anderson can kick ROCKS!!!!!!

How does a bball build a program over 6 years? Joe I love your takes but your blind loyalty to MA beats all I've seen. I don't hear you say for us to be patient with the defense in football! No you want the whole def staff replaced. Not one word from you tonight other than to be patient. Unreal....

porkinsons disease

FCJ - serious question here.  How many years does a coach have to miss the tournament at Arkansas to lose your support?
He's still counting
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

pigture perfect

Yeah, it's a long season. I used to remember when I wished it wouldn't end.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wisco Pig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 10, 2017, 10:26:31 pm
Razorback basketball is straight up dead. I don't know if infant baby Jesus could even resurrect it.

Nazareth's AAU team has some straight-up ballers.

hobhog

Will a home loss to Mizzou do it for FCJ? I MUST KNOW HIS BREAKING POINT!!!

Jumpball Nostradamus

One thing FC joe has never done is cry like a 2 year old to fire a coach.  Let's follow his lead and look forward and not backward.

Dmacattack

2.4 Million dollars. How many years would be paid to underproduce? Heck sign me up!

panhandlepig

This loss tonight was awful, inexcusably awful.  There is no getting around that.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dmacattack on January 10, 2017, 10:28:52 pm
Mike Anderson can kick ROCKS!!!!!!

nah, he wouldnt kick them he would double team them 75 ft from the basket and then watch as they split the double team drive and kick for a open 3.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaHog66

[/quote

LOL.

hobhog

In year 6. Delusional.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 10, 2017, 10:19:08 pm
Wow... you are starting to see what many of us on here have been discussing for ages.  The Manny situation is a good summary of all of the issues we see with Mike's teams, rolled up into one package.

I still support Mike!!! We will beat Mizzou Saturday. This just stink. My Hogs will fight another day and coach will get guys ready. A solid point guard like IJ Ready would have helped. Arkansas kids are 3-0 and Manny Watkins is starting.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:17:21 pm
I hope so, they committed to a coach that got fired even though he accomplished MORE than Mike has.

So you hope the recruiting classes end up worthless like that class?

And what has Pelphrey accomplished more than Mike?

BigHog396

Joe... quit hitting the pipe bud.  Your boy Mike can't get it done.  Mike is literally the worst coach we have ever kept more than five years, in the entire history of our program.  We have literally NEVER had a coach kept around that didn't have the program built up in less than five years.

Why don't you just look at the history of rebuilding our program.  Look at Eddie Sutton.  He took over our program when we hadn't done anything in the previous 20 years.  He took over our program when we had only had ONE winning season in the EIGHT previous seasons.  What Eddie did was build a program, and he did it in only three years.  He had us in the Final Four in year 4.

How about Mike's mentor?  Nolan completely changed the program in three years also.  He had us in the Final Four in year 5.

Time to let it go.  The history is already written.  Mike is a decent coach at best, and obviously can't build our program back to where it should be.  Mike should have already been let go, and the longer we keep him is just delaying us getting a good coach in here to build this program back to where it should be.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 10, 2017, 10:33:17 pm
So you hope the recruiting classes end up worthless like that class?

And what has Pelphrey accomplished more than Mike?

No, I hope they get to play for a new coach at Arkansas.  He went to just as many NCAAT's as Mike at Arkansas, and he did it in only 4 seasons.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:22:06 pm
i heard Mike is on some great recruits for the 2034 season, some of his buddies had some grand kids born last year that Mike is really high on. Just got to give him until ear his 24th season to get them on campus.

Might not be enough time, man. Who knows what kind of rule changes will be in place then that we'll need to wait out so that rules cycle back to something more advantageous for us. We might need to look at things from an epoch scale.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 10, 2017, 10:31:28 pm
One thing FC joe has never done is cry like a 2 year old to fire a coach.  Let's follow his lead and look forward and not backward.

Looking forward is the most depressing part.
Go away, batin'

WBOBO

Did Nolan put a curse on Bud Walton when he left?  Take the offices out of Barnhill and open it back up.  Now.  Not next year.  Now.  Put the slobbering Hog at midcourt and lets go.

RazorPiggie

If his name is Mike Anderson. Doesn't matter. He'll support him regardless.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 10, 2017, 10:25:29 pm

Just stop.

26.2Hog

Supporting YOUR coach??  Last I checked you don't play, although you might actually guard someone out on the 3-pt line.

Not screaming like a 2 year old to fire the coach?? Haha, no, you're screaming like a 2 year old to fire ALL of the football coaches on defense.

RagingHawgOn

You are a dumbass. Sorry, but true.

You rail on Bielema but accept this bull crap product MA rolls out onto the floor.

Part of me wants some of what you're smoking. The other part says "no thanks, I'm not a dumbass."

hobhog

DeltaHog66

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2017, 10:38:28 pm

You rail on Bielema but accept this bull crap product MA rolls out onto the floor.

Part of me wants some of what you're smoking. The other part says "no thanks, I'm not a dumbass."

Truer words have never been spoken.

hogsanity

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 10, 2017, 10:38:18 pm
Supporting YOUR coach??  Last I checked you don't play, although you might actually guard someone out on the 3-pt line.

Not screaming like a 2 year old to fire the coach?? Haha, no, you're screaming like a 2 year old to fire ALL of the football coaches on defense.

and he cried like a spoiled brat to fire Pelphrey ( after he had said we better lock him up long team before Kentucky came and stole him of course ), and he was willing to drive the moving van for Heath.

As anyone with a brain has figured out he is one of the trolls of hogville.

hogsanity

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2017, 10:38:28 pm

No, he is a click troll. Notice he always posts things sure the create pages long threads. That is not by accident.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:40:25 pm
and he cried like a spoiled brat to fire Pelphrey ( after he had said we better lock him up long team before Kentucky came and stole him of course ), and he was willing to drive the moving van for Heath.

As anyone with a brain has figured out he is one of the trolls of hogville.

Pel was the wrong color.

BigHog396

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 10:35:51 pm
Did Nolan put a curse on Bud Walton when he left?  Take the offices out of Barnhill and open it back up.  Now.  Not next year.  Now.  Put the slobbering Hog at midcourt and lets go.
You figured it out at the end of that post.  It's not the curse of Nolan...  It's the Curse of the Slobberin' Hog!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Going to be some ups and downs,but i still love the Hogs and am 100% behind them. and 100% behind coach Mike Anderson. just rela and enjoy the season. do not give up on this team.the great recruiting classes are on the way.

oh yeah....keep dangling the carrot
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 10:38:47 pm
He's trolling. Don't feed it....

wonder if we all put him on ignore how long until a new fcj shows up under a new name?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 10:24:17 pm
I am still waiting until the end of the year to see what the result is before I start hammering the drum. I still say NCAA or gone but I will say this...I still see the same fundamental mistakes every game and I am willing to believe that some of this is on the players but after a while someone has to change the situation. We do not stop the ball and we play bad backside help defense and there is little to no movement to get position when the ball goes in the air. We need to take the ball to the goal more aggressively and move more in the motion offense. At some point things have to change..not taking about gettihrf rid of MA ....yet....but he has to find a way to win the games at home and steal some on the road ...now he has to steal more on the road because he has lost two at home...

This is how I feel.  I said after the loss to Minnesota that we wouldn't really know this team until January.  Well January is here and the team is 1-3 in the SEC with two losses at home.  What is concerning to me is seeing the same mistakes and bad play again and again. 
If this team doesn't make the NCAA tournament I think Mike needs to start over again somewhere else.

hogsanity

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 10, 2017, 10:42:52 pm
I hear you Oliver. but i hope you are wrong about 2 more years. im all for giving the guy another year. but it does not take 4 or 5 years to build a basketball program.

Someones talking out of both sides of their ass

why on earth or any other planet would you want to give Mike yet another year to have a team that gets killed on the glass, cant defend the perimeter, and traps and switches putting their bigs in horrible positions.

root_hawg

Give it up, even if he doesn't make the NIT, he is still save.

hogsanity

Quote from: root_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:45:04 pm
Give it up, even if he doesn't make the NIT, he is still save.

I said the day he was hired he was here until he did not want to be here, he was unfireable. Some people are satisfied to just wrap themselves in the warm blanket of 1994 and watch the bud burn

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:41:27 pm
No, he is a click troll. Notice he always posts things sure the create pages long threads. That is not by accident.

Understood. But I've heard his idiot ass enough on radio and read enough of his stuff to feel qualified to call him a dumbass. He sleeps on MA 's crotch.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 10:35:51 pm

I wish Pondwater Jack was here to offer a more detailed look into the goings on in Barnhill but word is, Barnhill is being haunted by Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head. He's claimed quite a few coaches over his time roaming the concourse there and occasionally over into DWRRS and the old BAC. Taver Johnson left on account of him. Anyways, I think we're all better off with Barnhill as it is.

Perhaps though we could put a big pantone and anthracite curtain up in the upper decks of a bud Walton to funnel folks into the better empty seats in the lower levels. Might help with the noise too. Or, maybe we should start piping crowd noise in over the PA to try to bolster excitement and regain the old home court advantage.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

WBOBO

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 10, 2017, 10:41:30 pm
Pel was the wrong color.
Excuse me for being so dumb but I assume you mean BLUE.  Because he was
Blue all the way.