Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All is not lost tonight Hog fans still a long season

Started by forrest city joe, January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:25:04 pm
AD Jeff Long has made it clear that there are more important things than winning games in football. so no use in some you crying about the basketball program.

If I keep seeing the fastest 40 disaster on the court for much longer Long can expect me to stop my donations to my alma mater.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:25:04 pm
AD Jeff Long has made it clear that there are more important things than winning games in football. so no use in some you crying about the basketball program.

If they are not trying to win titles. Then reduce the funding to the program and cut the salaries including his.

Move the programs to the patriot league.

Time for people to close the door in the guys face when he shows up to collect money.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

Arkansas is about to go on a amazing winning streak. I'm telling you Mike is going to put the players that need to be on the bench on the bench!! I'm looking forward to the rest of this season.

john

Joe, most all these guys coming are Arkansas kids. Shouldn't b too hard for a new coach to keep them I would think. If we're gonna fire Mike, I think after this year is the time to do it.

I hate for mike to get fired, but man, when is this going to change?

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:30:12 pm
Arkansas is about to go on a amazing winning streak. I'm telling you Mike is going to put the players that need to be on the bench on the bench!! I'm looking forward to the rest of this season.

right, he is suddenly going to change his style of playing 9-11 players every game. And he's going to tick off one of his bench coaches by not playing his son.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 11:33:10 pm
right, he is suddenly going to change his style of playing 9-11 players every game. And he's going to tick off one of his bench coaches by not playing his son.

Keep watching!! Sometimes it takes a bad experience to get going. Manny can not continue to start. A blind man can see it.

WBOBO

I'm going to step out on a limb and probably get crucified, but after the loss tonight, I kept asking myself who would be a good fit?  It's Darrell Walker.  The only answer I could come up with.  Why him?  Eddie Sutton prodigy.  Believes in defense and hard work with team chemistry.  Would love to have the chance to take this program back to
where it was that he knew.  Can get proven assistants.  Came back to the U of A to get his degree and I believe Eddie showed up for it.  Most of you youngsters Goggle DW, and get the lowdown, but us old timers know it will be maybe a 3 year work in progress.

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:39:46 pm
Keep watching!! Sometimes it takes a bad experience to get going. Manny can not continue to start. A blind man can see it.

He may not start but I bet he continues to play major minutes
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

cardsNhogs

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 11:20:46 pm
I'd rather lose all 5 of those guys than watch Mike lose games with those guys.
You want Anderson fired period. just admit it and move on.you have been foaming at the mouth for years about it.

hobhog

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 11:40:19 pm
I'm going to step out on a limb and probably get crucified, but after the loss tonight, I kept asking myself who would be a good fit?  It's Darrell Walker.  The only answer I could come up with.  Why him?  Eddie Sutton prodigy.  Believes in defense and hard work with team chemistry.  Would love to have the chance to take this program back to
where it was that he knew.  Can get proven assistants.  Came back to the U of A to get his degree and I believe Eddie showed up for it.  Most of you youngsters Goggle DW, and get the lowdown, but us old timers know it will be maybe a 3 year work in progress.

Not proven to be able to coach and manage program yet. Too risky for now.

There are lots of up and comers with solid resumes we need to consider first.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:30:12 pm
Pretty good dream there. But Manny must get his 20 minutes, because after all he is the glue.

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:42:33 pm
You want Anderson fired period. just admit it and move on.you have been foaming at the mouth for years about it.

Count me in on that. Majority want him gone.

Hogs958

ha...typical excuses here. Blindly supports Anderson.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:42:33 pm

Me too. Let me take it further never wanted him hired

Knot2brite

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 11:40:19 pm
Look at Kevin Keatts....UNC-Wilmington....young mid major coach ...IF it comes to it then he would be a guy to look at that might be able to keep those highly thought of recruits...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:40:45 pm
He may not start but I bet he continues to play major minutes

That's the issue. Those who are pro Mike and those who are Mike haters can see it's time to quit playing Manny Watkins all those minutes. I told my good friend Watkins or his loyalty to Watkins is going to get him fired. I don't think Long mess with Mike until next season. Mike should be the coach no matter what happens this season.

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 10, 2017, 11:27:21 pm
If I keep seeing the fastest 40 disaster on the court for much longer Long can expect me to stop my donations to my alma mater.
So you are going to quit on the program.? you won't support the kids or the coach anymore? some fan you are no matter how much money you give.

Kevin

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 11:46:05 pm
Look at Kevin Keatts....UNC-Wilmington....young mid major coach ...IF it comes to it then he would be a guy to look at that might be able to keep those highly thought of recruits...

He can recruit. Was head coach at hargrave for years. Spent time as an assitant at Louisville

Not sure he is ready. Would be down my list

forrest city joe

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 11:44:21 pm
AT least you admit. but if you get your wish it would be bad for the program. all those recruits would be gone.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 11:44:21 pm
Long will start feeling the pressure. Mike should be on the Hot Seat

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:46:14 pm
So you are going to quit on the program.? you won't support the kids or the coach anymore? some fan you are no matter how much money you give.

Always start it back up after new hire. Probably get right back on front row. It's that bad.

hogcam

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:46:14 pm
That's the issue. Those who are pro Mike and those who are Mike haters can see it's time to quit playing Manny Watkins all those minutes. I told my good friend Watkins or his loyalty to Watkins is going to get him fired. I don't think Long mess with Mike until next season. Mike should be the coach no matter what happens this season.
Why do you think he should be the coach next season no matter what?? 1 tournament in six years? If it is the recruiting class, then that is ignorant because mike is the worst recruiter we have had in a long time.. these AR guys will still come if we make a decent hire

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:47:47 pm
He can recruit. Was head coach at hargrave for years. Spent time as an assitant at Louisville
We tried that with Pel,and it fail big time. need to stick with Mike 2 more years.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:47:47 pm
He won't be at UNC-W after this year...he is just to prime a candidate..hell he might not come here

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:48:35 pm
AT least you admit. but if you get your wish it would be bad for the program. all those recruits would be gone.

Just like Babb, Whitt, Jenkins, etc...they're all quite replaceable.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

forrest city joe

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 11:49:21 pm
Always start it back up after new hire. Probably get right back on front row. It's that bad.
So it's all about getting Mike fired?

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:49:44 pm
We tried that with Pel,and it fail big time. need to stick with Mike 2 more years.

Why do you limit him to 2 years. Why don't you just say you want him to have a lifetime contract

rude1

For once Joe I think you bought more into the coach than the program. I can see no other situation where you would sit there patiently for EIGHT years for a coach to build a program.

WBOBO

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 11:43:24 pm
Not proven to be able to coach and manage program yet. Too risky for now.

There are lots of up and comers with solid resumes we need to consider first.
Man if I am going to gamble on our program, I will take someone who knows this program and has bled it and shed the tears to wear the Razorback uniform.  Who knows, he probably has his sights on some other place.  He has not only played in the NBA but been a head coach there for several years.  This isn't his first rodeo.

hogcam

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:48:35 pm
All the recruits would not be gone. Mike Anderson is the worst recruiter I've ever seen

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2017, 11:50:41 pm
Just like Babb, Whitt, Jenkins, etc...they're all quite replaceable.

None of those guys were in Reggie Perry's class. so stop it. Arkansas can't freplace that kind of talent. stop it.

JenksHawg

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on January 10, 2017, 10:10:40 pm
Horrible post.

agree 100%.  6 years of mediocre basketball, with no end in sight.  The "great" recruiting classes never pan out, I could give two sharts what classes are "signed".  Even if they make it to campus they transfer.  Anderson had 6 years, pull the plug.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogcam on January 10, 2017, 11:49:35 pm

Why do you think he should be the coach next season no matter what?? 1 tournament in six years? If it is the recruiting class, then that is ignorant because mike is the worst recruiter we have had in a long time.. these AR guys will still come if we make a decent hire

Mike got a raw deal last season. If I'm the AD I let Mike know that he does not have to worry about his job. I know how bad this program was.

hogcam

Raw deal last season?? It's his program and team. So he gave himself a raw deal? 1 tournament in 6 years?! Stan Heath was a better coach than Anderson is the bad part

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:54:03 pm
Mike got a raw deal last season. If I'm the AD I let Mike know that he does not have to worry about his job. I know how bad this program was.

That is what he as basically said

Knot2brite

You obviously haven't researched Keatts...I think you would like him...he is a guy that would probably kee the recruits ...IF it comes to replacing the head coach...

hobhog

Hogs958

I mean id argue he's just been an ok recruiter considering our standards. Pel recruited just as good, and the results haven't been that much different. I didn't like Pel. I think people need to get real. This isn't working.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 11:56:38 pm
You obviously haven't researched Keatts...I think you would like him...he is a guy that would probably kee the recruits ...IF it comes to replacing the head coach...

I researched Keats and this is the type of Jeff Long type hire. Good under the radar name there Knot2

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcam on January 10, 2017, 11:52:32 pm

All the recruits would not be gone. Mike Anderson is the worst recruiter I've ever seen
What! is this guy for real? have you seen the 2018 class he has lined up? GOOD GRIEF!

Knot2brite

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 11, 2017, 12:03:56 am
I researched Keats and this is the type of Jeff Long type hire. Good under the radar name there Knot2
He has a great pedigree...Hargrove is no joke and Pitino assistant is a great plus as well

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2017, 11:54:03 pm
+1000.i 100% agree.

Hogs958

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:55:26 pm
That is what he as basically said
That's why he's one of the best AD'S in the country. Can't let the people of NWA run Anderson off like they did Nolan Richardson.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2017, 12:24:48 am
That's why he's one of the best AD'S in the country. Can't let the people of NWA run Anderson off like they did Nolan Richardson.

....and there's the dig.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Going to be some ups and downs,but i still love the Hogs and am 100% behind them. and 100% behind coach Mike Anderson. just rela and enjoy the season. do not give up on this team.the great recruiting classes are on the way.

Joe, are you Mikes press secretary?  Is this team getting better?  Are you hopeful  for this team or hopeful waiting for future teams?   

We are 1 and 3 with two home loses and you want us to be positive. That's ashing a lot.

pigture perfect

It's hard to not like Mike the man. I have just lost confidence in his ability to be consistently a good coach.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

3kgthog

For the sake of the kids that have committed, get rid of this joke of a staff at season's end when we're sweating out the NIT selection show. Give them time to talk to a new coach and determine what their best option is well ahead of the finish line.

There's no way in hell THIS team with THAT coach will make the NCAAT. You can tell just by watching the defense and rebounding while knowing that Mike doesn't teach either one. It's not going to get better. It never does.