Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All is not lost tonight Hog fans still a long season

Started by forrest city joe, January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

26.2Hog

hogsanity

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2017, 10:49:02 pm
Understood. But I've heard his idiot ass enough on radio and read enough of his stuff to feel qualified to call him a dumbass. He sleeps on MA 's crotch.

I would not even bet that the guy on the radio and the guy posting as fcj are the same.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:41:27 pm
No, he is a click troll. Notice he always posts things sure the create pages long threads. That is not by accident.

There is not a more accurate statement to be heard in 2017. HogSanity +10000000

forrest city joe

I am not giving up on this team.and not giving up on coach Anderson. i hope Jeff Long will stay strong no matter what happens the rest of the season. Arkansas can not afford to lose these recruiting classes Mike has lined up. he needs 2 more years to fix this.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:54:04 pm
I am not giving up on this team.and not giving up on coach Anderson. i hope Jeff Long will stay strong no matter what happens the rest of the season. Arkansas can not afford to lose these recruiting classes Mike has lined up. he needs 2 more years to fix this.

I agree!! Stop pressing until they show up

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:51:45 pm
I would not even bet that the guy on the radio and the guy posting as fcj are the same.

You're probably right. This whole interwebs stuff moves so fast it messes me up! I will say, though, his radio ramblings match his message board grammar. Either way, FIRE MIKE!!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: root_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:45:04 pm
Give it up, even if he doesn't make the NIT, he is still save.

Maybe we should just start and host our own post season invitational tournament in BWA. I know who can design the trophy too.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

WBOBO

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:51:45 pm
You know I never put 2 and 2 together but hogsanity I believe you are correct sir.  Sounds like 2 different people.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

porkinsons disease

wrong again cowboy....read your own quote at the bottom
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogsanity

a good basketball coach would not need 8 years to fix anything.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

No we need to hire Archie Miller from Dayton and let him recruit the kids to stay. The Anderson nostalgia project failed last season. Only issue is how much he longer we are stuck in this failed mess and miss out on a great young coach

26.2Hog

Mike Anderson is no better than Robb Smith or any of the defensive coaches.  You know, the ones you want to fire like a cattle slaughter.

I think we know where you're really coming from.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2017, 10:56:02 pm
a good basketball coach would not need 8 years to fix anything.
Yes. Long said he does not even count the first 2 or 3 years.Mike took over a mess on and off the court. he needs more time.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:58:17 pm
Yes. Long said he does not even count the first 2 or 3 years.Mike took over a mess on and off the court. he needs more time.
Obviously
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 10, 2017, 10:57:05 pm
No we need to hire Archie Miller from Dayton and let him recruit the kids to stay. The Anderson nostalgia project failed last season. Only issue is how much he longer we are stuck in this failed mess and miss out on a great young coach
You can hire Archie Miller,or whoever else you want. no Mike Anderson,and none of those recruits. you willing to take that chance?

Knot2brite

Just saying this....it doesn't matter how good the recruiting classes are if they cannot learn to play good defense, rebound or move on offense. Mike has to improve the progression of these athletes for them to be anything other than just a great recruiting class...I have watched these last six years...the same problems I saw in year one are still here in year six
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:00:19 pm
You can hire Archie Miller,or whoever else you want. no Mike Anderson,and none of those recruits. you willing to take that chance?
Absolutely

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 10, 2017, 10:57:05 pm

He might ot appeal to the Mike recruits, since Miller teaches things like rebounding, most of Mikes recruits do not seem interested in things like that.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:58:17 pm

Perhaps Anderson was the coach to get is out of this mess and served his purpose for the next head coach?

DeltaHog66

Hell yes. Any other questions?  What do we have to lose?

hogsanity

yep, in a heartbeat

Hollywood870

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 10:28:24 pm
Year 5 is not a building year in football or basketball.  Shiite or get off the pot.  This is a show me world, and I'm not liking either one's building blocks.

Sivad

Yes, faster than you can say "Fastest 40".

Wild Bill Hog

In a heartbeat.

Dropkick

Darrell Royal said if a dog is gonna bite you it will bite you as a pup.

How long have we had this toothless dog?

Ironhawg

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 10, 2017, 11:02:03 pm
Perhaps Anderson was the coach to get is out of this mess and served his purpose for the next head coach?

This might be exactly right.  The program is not in APR danger now.  The problem is if he stays another couple of years without making the tournament, the crowds may be small enough to play games in a junior high gym.

rude1

Joe you act like that is some kind of elite class. That class is anything but certain success. It's currently ranked 26th nationally and 6th in the conference. That doesn't spell certain success from where I sit.

scogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Going to be some ups and downs,but i still love the Hogs and am 100% behind them. and 100% behind coach Mike Anderson. just rela and enjoy the season. do not give up on this team.the great recruiting classes are on the way.

Love the un-wavering enthusiasm and support, but Coach A is stubborn and runs an outdated system. Stevie Wonder can see it. Gone are the days of throwing wave after wave of players to wear down another team. FACT: Every team is capable of playing their best 35+ minutes.

Look around, watch other games, coaches and systems.

We have guards that can't defend and get beat off the dribble night in and night out. We have a big (SEC POY candidate) who grabbed FOUR boards.

We press when we can't. We switch because we can't defend, which leaves wide open jump shots so opposing players can get career highs. We rotate players when we shouldn't. We have shooters that aren't allowed the opportunity to get into the flow of the game because of the constant substitutions. We don't screen, but when we do, it's Moses 30ft from the basket...well, guess what happens when we miss?? ONE offensive rebound of the FOUR boards by your SEC POY big man happens.

Sorry, Mike's philosophy is failed.

hobhog

Ok. Now I KNOW he is just trolling....

The Boar War

Quote from: Dropkick on January 10, 2017, 11:04:49 pm
Darrell Royal said if a dog is gonna bite you it will bite you as a pup.

How long have we had this toothless dog?

Have some respect.  That dog lost his teeth fighting a bear.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:18:34 pm
You guys need to just calm down.Mike is still building this program. top recruiting classes are on the way. i hope Jeff Long does not mess this up by firing Mike. i said it when he fired CBP in football. be careful what you wish for. Mike needs just a little more time.

6 years. No coach in today's world gets 6 years.

If there is no NCAA tournament this year and he is still here, then we as fans have been told, it is not about winning championships.  Just win enough to dupe people into buying tickets.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:13:46 pm

If there is no NCAA tournament this year and he is still here, then we as fans have been told, it is not about winning championships.  Just win enough to dupe people into buying tickets.

pretty sure it is just to not be the school in the sec that fired THREE black coaches.

WBOBO

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2017, 11:03:09 pm
In a heartbeat
Ben Howland took nothing but Frosh and Soph's and whipped our butts.  Yeah Mike's gotta go.  I don't care if we lose every single recruit.

cardsNhogs

would you quit bringing up this question. Those of us (majority of hog fans) that do not believe CMA can Coach, do not mind losing 2 recruiting classes if it means getting a real Coach.

WBOBO

Can we start flying the remote controlled helicopters in the Bud showing the banner
"Fire Mike Anderson now"?

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 11:08:19 pm
Joe you act like that is some kind of elite class. That class is anything but certain success. It's currently ranked 26th nationally and 6th in the conference. That doesn't spell certain success from where I sit.
I am talking about the 2018 class.you want to lose all 5 of those guys?

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:19:06 pm

I'd rather lose all 5 of those guys than watch Mike lose games with those guys.

WBOBO

Get rid of Mike and hire Darrell Walker for a 2 year contract.  Let's be done, and move on to better things.

forrest city joe

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 11:17:58 pm
would you quit bringing up this question. Those of us (majority of hog fans) that do not believe CMA can Coach, do not mind losing 2 recruiting classes if it means getting a real Coach.
This game is about players.and you guys are no experts on who can coach.fire Mike and Reggie Perry,Justice Hill and the others are gone.

rude1

2018 is too far away to even think about, kids games develop and some stagnate over that time. That class is only ranked so highly because the top programs don't usually sign players that far out because they want more time to see who the actual blue chippers are over the next couple of years. So if that's what he his hanging his hat on it's a moot point IMO, win NOW or send him packing. SIX years is more than enough to fix any basketball program.

Knot2brite

Question .....if it comes to the point of letting MA loose....why do you think these players would not play for a qualified, well respected, and hard working new coach? Are they going to follow MA to a new university?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

Us and Georgetown. Hired guys they cannot fire   And both are now just another school who field a basketball team
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:21:51 pm
This game is about players.and you guys are no experts on who can coach.fire Mike and Reggie Perry,Justice Hill and the others are gone.

Jimmy Whitt and Ted Kapita were can't miss too. They aren't even here. Teenagers can change their minds no matter who the coach is

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 11:23:01 pm
Question .....if it comes to the point of letting MA loose....why do you think these players would not play for a qualified, well respected, and hard working new coach? Are they going to follow MA to a new university?

because a class that is still 2 years from taking the court is all they have left to protect Mike.

WBOBO

I don't care if MJ and LeBron are clonies of this class,  Monk and Allen showed us there is a "Business decision" that we are not included in.  Stay tuned more to come.

scogs

What makes you the expert then? You got a crystal ball?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:13:46 pm

AD Jeff Long has made it clear that there are more important things than winning games in football. so no use in some you crying about the basketball program.

WBOBO

Bet they would play for Darrell Walker.

cardsNhogs

We hire a new coach. He tries to convince those kids to stay. If they don't he starts recruiting other kids. I'm for this process right now!

hogsanity

Quote from: WBOBO on January 10, 2017, 11:26:11 pm
Bet they would play for Darrell Walker.

i bet they would play for lots of coaches.