Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll do it - FIRE MIKE ANDERSON!

Started by revolution, January 10, 2017, 10:04:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 10:34:23 am
Most teams switch ball screens out top. I totally agree with the rest.
Wrong most teams Hedge or in today's game ICE it

Mr. Porkleone

CMA lacks the fire, The fire Nolan had, certainly didn't flow to him. He's Weak.

That bear he talks about in a fight....would eat HIM ALIVE. I'd bet the house on that.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LRHawg on January 11, 2017, 10:36:51 am
That's great and all for them, but that just highlights what a good coach can do to a program that doesn't even have the history Arkansas does. It's year 6. We won't be going to the Tournament. 1 in 6! Howland has Miss State turned around and playing good fundamental basketball in two.
We've only played 4 conference games against 3 of the best teams in the SEC and we're not going to the tournament? How quickly we lose hope. I think they'll be fine once the new guys understand the sense of urgency you have to play with at all times at this level.

Now I do think we press and double team the post too much sometimes giving up easy layups and wide open 3's. Seems like it bites us almost every time. Can't do that with a good 3 point shooting team. It's like they don't trust their post players to play good solid defense. And Moses and Trey should never go out of the lane on defense. They should stay in the middle of the lane and protect the paint at all times.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 10:43:22 am
We've only played 4 conference games against 3 of the best teams in the SEC and we're not going to the tournament? How quickly we lose hope. I think they'll be fine once the new guys understand the sense of urgency you have to play with at all times at this level.

Now I do think we press and double team the post too much sometimes giving up easy layups and wide open 3's. Seems like it bites us almost every time. Can't do that with a good 3 point shooting team. It's like they don't trust their post players to play good solid defense. And Moses and Trey should never go out of the lane on defense. They should stay in the middle of the lane and protect the paint at all times.

Been know hope for 6 years. CMA is weak.

Big Boi

Quote from: Karma on January 10, 2017, 10:13:24 pm
Actually we get beat a lot with Anderson as our coach.

Joe, people would cut you some slack if you were even close to intellectually honest with Bielema and Anderson.
He is obviously a troll. I bet he is not the same guy from the radio. It would be impossible for someone to be so dense. To make an argument for a coach to be fired on football forum, and flame others for making same argument on basketball side.

razorson

He gets out coached game after game. 6 seasons has been plenty of time.  :-* him goodbye.

hogcam

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2017, 10:37:55 am
I'm in Little Rock!! It's true
The recruits like Mike Anderson.  If we get a new coach that is decent and he tells these kids that he wants them to all come play together.  MOST, if not all, will still come to the University of Arkansas.  I am still not keeping a coach because of recruiting 2 years away.  So in his eighth year he can use the excuse we are young when he doesn't make the tournament.  He makes the tournament in year 10 and we are stuck with him 2 more years.  Well, there went 12 years with a bad basketball coach.

majp51

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 10, 2017, 11:24:40 pm
This. I think people are excited because it's ranked #1 at the moment. That's mostly because of the number of players we have committed. Whenever they sign it will be ranked around 15 or so. Pretty good but not amazing by any means.

The other thing to keep in mind is that for 2018 none of those commits are really committed, since they cannot sign a NLI until November of their Senior year. In addition kep in mind that 2017 is still good for only 6th in the SEC, and if you look at the recruits that are looking at MSU, BAMA, Auburn , not to Mention Kentucky 2018 may end up with Arkansas still being 5th in the SEC in recruiting once the NLI's are actually signed.

Trystran

When you have the same problems on the floor in season 6 that you had in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... pretty good reasoning for a huge boot.

code red

Quote from: revolution on January 10, 2017, 10:04:03 pm
It needs to be said after that pathetic display tonight combined with so many years of suckage!
Please do....oh wait...I thought that was the OP.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The_Iceman

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 11:32:13 am
The other thing to keep in mind is that for 2018 none of those commits are really committed, since they cannot sign a NLI until November of their Senior year. In addition kep in mind that 2017 is still good for only 6th in the SEC, and if you look at the recruits that are looking at MSU, BAMA, Auburn , not to Mention Kentucky 2018 may end up with Arkansas still being 5th in the SEC in recruiting once the NLI's are actually signed.

The 2018 class is more committed to Arkansas and Justice Hill than Mike Anderson. Make a good hire, get Justice and Fitz on board, and the class will stay together.

Youngsta71701

January 11, 2017, 12:00:47 pm #111 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:49:39 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 11, 2017, 10:46:40 am
Been know hope for 6 years. CMA is weak.
Missouri- Winnable
@Texas A&M- Winnable
LSU- Winnable
@Vanderbilt- Winnable
@Oklahoma State- Winnable
Alabama- Winnable
@Missouri- Winnable
Vanderbilt- Winnable
@LSU- Winnable
@South Carolina- Winnable
Ole Miss- Winnable
Texas A&M- Winnable
@Auburn- Winnable
@Florida- Losable
Georgia- Winnable

So far the SEC has been pretty even this year. A lot of parity. Kentucky and Florida are clearly the best to teams. Every other game we got a chance to win.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 12:00:47 pm
Missouri- Winnable
@Texas A&M- Winnable
LSU- Winnable
@Vanderbilt- Winnable
Alabama- Winnable
Vanderbilt- Winnable
@LSU- Winnable
Ole Miss- Winnable
Texas A&M- Winnable
@Auburn- Winnable
@Florida- Losable
Georgia- Winnable

So far the SEC has been pretty even this year. A lot of parity. Kentucky and Florida are clearly the best to teams. Every other game we got a chance to win.

Your happy with APATHY. CMA is weak. That bear would kick his A$$

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 12:16:15 pm
Or lose.
True. But I'm a half glass full type of guy. We have a chance to win until we've lost. I'm the same with Coach Beilema also. But I will point out the problems with both coaches and programs without hesitation.

GuvHog

Missouri- Winnable
@Texas A&M- Winnable
LSU- Winnable
@Vanderbilt- Winnable
Alabama- Winnable
Vanderbilt- Winnable
@LSU- Winnable
Ole Miss- Winnable
Texas A&M- Winnable
@Auburn- Winnable
@Florida- Losable
Georgia- Winnable

To be frankly honest, if the Hogs don't play any better than they played in the second half against UK and better than they played last night, I see maybe 5 games left that I would consider winnable. If they lose this next game to Missouri in BWA, it's going to be a very long conference season. Surely they'll win that one though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SeattleSeahawgs

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2017, 10:35:04 pm
here's the knife cutting the meat to the bone...We all thought that hiring Mike Anderson would somehow bring back the magic of the Nolan Richardson years...we even held a pep rally to announce Mike's hiring...I think back on that day and I become embarrassed...5,000 of us in there thinking Pat Bradley, Corliss Williamson, Todd Day, Lee Mayberry, Oliver Miller and hundreds of others were magically going to return and be 18 years old again and take us back the "good ol' days"...well, shame on me first and then shame on everyone else who really believed that Anderson was going to magically bring back the good ol' days....didn't happen, or at least after 6 years it hasn't so this time I'm just going to take it for granted that Anderson just cannot get it done...Nolan was the architect of that masterpiece and the maestro has gotten old....the Razorback basketball program is dead

I along with a lot of others obviously were right there with you at the time of his hiring.  Unlike you apparently I'm not embarrassed by this as I don't believe it was all that irrational given his accomplishments at UAB(sweet 16) and Mizzou(elite 8 ). 

That said, while we all wanted and hoped for the best, I think the time has come for the program to move in a different direction.  It's year 6 and we're 1-3 in the lowly SEC including 0-2 at Bud which isn't is a positive leading indicator for the future to say the least.  Worse, it's year 6 and Ii haven't seen anything to conclude I should be more hopeful about the future and expect different results than we've seen thus far in his tenure.  As has been pointed out, yes we have some decent recruiting classes coming in but even assuming they all pan out I don't think that's justification enough to give him 2 more years.  I think the problems go beyond a talent deficit which certainly does exist but I think the issue is more systemic.  His current team suffers from the same fundamental flaws as his previous teams which leads me to conclude he's unable to adapt to the evolution of the game.  I understand some of these are intrinsic to his system but perhaps it's time he evaluate some of the core tenants of his philosophy given it's clearly not getting it done.  You can get away with being undersized if you're able to make up for it with tempo and turnovers that lead to easy baskets.  The way fouls are called in today's game however completely neutralizes any of the potential upside of his "40 minutes of hell" philosophy but with all the downside risk still intact, especially against decent opposition.

In short I wanted it to work out as much as everyone else but there comes a time when you have to admit you were wrong and cut your losses and I for one believe that time is now.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 01:09:11 pm
To be frankly honest, if the Hogs don't play any better than they played in the second half against UK and better than they played last night, I see maybe 5 games left that I would consider winnable. If they lose this next game to Missouri in BWA, it's going to be a very long conference season. Surely they'll win that one though.
Their are no dominate teams in the SEC. As you seen last night Kentucky is not even dominate. Vanderbilt almost beat them. Of course it was in Vandy where it's hard win at no matter what.

Youngsta71701

porkinsons disease

Missouri- Winnable
@Texas A&M- Winnable
LSU- Winnable
@Vanderbilt- Winnable
Alabama- Winnable
Vanderbilt- Winnable
@LSU- Winnable
Ole Miss- Winnable
Texas A&M- Winnable
@Auburn- Winnable
@Florida- Losable
Georgia- Winnable

So how many do you think we will win? I'll go on record as saying no more than 8 (best case scenario)
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Youngsta71701

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 11, 2017, 07:35:12 pm
So how many do you think we will win? I'll go on record as saying no more than 8 (best case scenario)
Being honest, with this team who knows. But all of them are winnable. Now if we were to somehow beat Florida at Florida then I would be very surprised.

If I had to put a number on it I would go with 10 (best case scenario)

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 03:59:53 pm
Their are no dominate teams in the SEC. As you seen last night Kentucky is not even dominate. Vanderbilt almost beat them. Of course it was in Vandy where it's hard win at no matter what.
You say this but claim we have snowballs chance of beating Vandy at Vandy doesn't make much sense. They shoot the ball and spread the floor way to good for us to stay in it till halftime.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 07:27:55 pm
I wouldn't even want to take a chance at losing this.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Commits
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits

Keeping Mike is taking a chance at losing that.

MA needs to get these guys going and into the NCAAT this year, otherwise those recruits would be smart to look elsewhere

Porcine Coprolite

I'm not basketball savvy enough to know if Anderson should be fired, but I know enough about politics to know that Long will not fire Anderson.  This is all way too much like the situation with Richardson, Nutt, and Broyles.  Richardson thought Nutt was treated better because of his race.  That fiasco hurt Razorback recruiting more than the location of the campus ever will.  Long will not repeat that kind of mistake.  As long as Bielema keeps getting a pass for standing on the sideline with a vacant look on his face, Anderson will keep his job.  Bielema is Anderson's job security, and Bielema's buyout means he and Anderson are going to be here for several more years. 

OperationRestoreHawgBall

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been erased or moved by mods yet.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Quote from: cmrhawg on January 10, 2017, 10:18:46 pm
Yeah I've switched over now. I was mad after the Minnesota game, but this is different. He has to go. Probably best to do it sooner rather than later. We can't be held hostage by a couple good classes coming in the next few years. The right coach is much more important than any one recruiting class. Most of those kids will still be hogs anyways.

How many years have we been waiting for the next recruiting class?? So Sick of that tired old garbage. PEL was fired, as should be MA.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 10, 2017, 11:07:57 pm
Miss State looks good and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Sweet 16. 

Maybe in Hogville''s alternate universe 😂😂😂😂

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 11, 2017, 09:48:14 pm
You say this but claim we have snowballs chance of beating Vandy at Vandy doesn't make much sense. They shoot the ball and spread the floor way to good for us to stay in it till halftime.
In basketball your not going to shoot good every game. Sometimes your on and sometimes your off. If they shoot as good as they did against Kentucky we lose. If they don't we win. Probably that simple.

Our game is getting to the hole. We only have a few pure shooters on this team and one of them is a freshmen that don't play that much. If we can get to the hole and free throw line and stop settling for jumpers we win.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 11, 2017, 09:50:48 pm
Keeping Mike is taking a chance at losing that.

MA needs to get these guys going and into the NCAAT this year, otherwise those recruits would be smart to look elsewhere
Recruits don't come to a school because of the school now days unless they just grew up dreaming of playing for their home state school. They come because of the coach or a coach. Just saying.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on January 11, 2017, 10:55:10 pm
How many years have we been waiting for the next recruiting class?? So Sick of that tired old garbage. PEL was fired, as should be MA.
Never since Coach Anderson has been here. Our next 2 classes will be the best we've had by far since he's been here. The Portis class was pretty good also and you see what they did.

Pork Twain

I am going to do my best to let MA finish out this year before I become negative Nancy.  There is still hope that this could be a good year.  Not much, but a little
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 12, 2017, 08:23:27 am
I am going to do my best to let MA finish out this year before I become negative Nancy.  There is still hope that this could be a good year.  Not much, but a little
This is my thinking. I'm trying to keep it positive and keep these bridge jumpers from jumping off too soon. We're only 4 games into conference play. We have 14 games left. A long ways to go.

But I do agree if we don't make the tourney this year with the talent that's currently on this team I might become negative real quick.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcam on January 11, 2017, 11:12:38 am
The recruits like Mike Anderson.  If we get a new coach that is decent and he tells these kids that he wants them to all come play together.  MOST, if not all, will still come to the University of Arkansas.  I am still not keeping a coach because of recruiting 2 years away.  So in his eighth year he can use the excuse we are young when he doesn't make the tournament.  He makes the tournament in year 10 and we are stuck with him 2 more years.  Well, there went 12 years with a bad basketball coach.
Keep dreaming.fire Mike and all those guys are gone. you want that?

Kevin

I tried
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Twain

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2017, 10:01:08 am
I tried
Like trying to give up sexual innuendos... it's hard... So hard

It is getting much harder in football too.  This year for BB and next year for FB are make or break years in my mind.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Little Lady Back

Feel the same. Not giving up yet but that loss Tuesday really hurt!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 12, 2017, 10:44:54 am
Feel the same. Not giving up yet but that loss Tuesday really hurt!
Yep, the glass half empty crowd really can out of the woodworks after that one. I didn't like it myself but I still believe we have time to turn it around and we will. A few minor adjustments and we will be that much better.

Like I said in an earlier post. Step 1 is to keep Moses in the lane on both offense and defense. His basketball IQ has to improve as well. He gets baited and suckered into coming out to the perimeter way too much.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 12, 2017, 12:00:22 pm
Yep, the glass half empty crowd really can out of the woodworks after that one. I didn't like it myself but I still believe we have time to turn it around and we will. A few minor adjustments and we will be that much better.

Like I said in an earlier post. Step 1 is to keep Moses in the lane on both offense and defense. His basketball IQ has to improve as well. He gets baited and suckered into coming out to the perimeter way too much.

Moses is just playing the defense Mike teaches. HE is not getting suckered into anything. If it is a bball IQ issue then it is an issue with the bball iq of the hc because he teaches that defense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 12:04:24 pm
Moses is just playing the defense Mike teaches. HE is not getting suckered into anything. If it is a bball IQ issue then it is an issue with the bball iq of the hc because he teaches that defense.
Really? And you know this for a fact how? I'll wait...

Kevin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 12, 2017, 12:16:15 pm

well he keeps doing the same thing over & over again. so he is either getting coached to do it, or they are not correcting him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 12:04:24 pm

Moses is a 4 spot player, not a 5 spot (Center) player and would rather play facing the basket. The Hogs don't really have a true 5 spot player who can bang inside and it's hurting them. Nolan had the same problem until he signed Darnell Robinson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 12, 2017, 12:16:15 pm
You could call it trend analysis.  You could also say that by this time a coach should have coached a player well enough to eliminate these issues.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 12, 2017, 02:29:04 pm
You could call it trend analysis.  You could also say that by this time a coach should have coached a player well enough to eliminate these issues.
I can agree with this. But I can't get hogsanity to answer any of my questions...Hmmm... :-\

hog.goblin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 12, 2017, 08:13:37 am
Recruits don't come to a school because of the school now days unless they just grew up dreaming of playing for their home state school. They come because of the coach or a coach. Just saying.

Exactly

If mike keeps stinking it up there comes a point that they look elsewhere since they aren't committed to the university as much as the coach; a coach who is struggling.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 13, 2017, 04:09:37 am
Exactly

If mike keeps stinking it up there comes a point that they look elsewhere since they aren't committed to the university as much as the coach; a coach who is struggling.
They are coming because they like Mike Anderson, what he stands for, and the way he likes to play. He wants an up and down game if he can get the players to do that.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 13, 2017, 07:01:33 pm
He wants an up and down game if he can get the players to do that.

He also wants to guard them when they get off the bus and that hasn't happened either.

Now we get an up and down game once every 8 years?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 13, 2017, 09:05:09 pm
He also wants to guard them when they get off the bus and that hasn't happened either.

Now we get an up and down game once every 8 years?
That's funny. I don't see how we can average 81ppg playing slow.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 13, 2017, 09:26:52 pm
That's funny. I don't see how we can average 81ppg playing slow.

Let's see where we are after a few more conference games.

LumberBacks

Missouri- Winnable  WINNABLE
@Texas A&M- Winnable ROAD LOSS
LSU- Winnable  WINNABLE
@Vanderbilt- Winnable  ROAD LOSS
@Oklahoma State- Winnable  ROAD LOSS
Alabama- Winnable WINNABLE
@Missouri- Winnable WINNABLE
Vanderbilt- Winnable  HOME LOSS
@LSU- Winnable  ROAD LOSS
@South Carolina- Winnable  ROAD LOSS
Ole Miss- Winnable  WINNABLE
Texas A&M- Winnable  WINNABLE
@Auburn- Winnable  ROAD LOSS
@Florida- Losable  ROAD LOSS
Georgia- Winnable  WINNABLE

CMA's teams rarely wins on the road.  They just don't.  The team is currently 12-4, and I think they will go about 7-8 on their final games. Maybe win one at the SECT and get to 20 wins.  Good enough for the NIT maybe, but not the big dance.  More of the same disappointment.  He needs to go.

CoachVisor

FOUR MORE YEARS!!...FOUR MORE YEARS!!....Oh wait, what the Frank are we talking about?