Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Jump Ball turning into MMQB?

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, February 21, 2018, 01:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Constant whining no matter a win or loss. Insulting nicknames for the coach are becoming the norm. Post-game coaching experts are running rampant, flaunting their expertise on what "they" would've done. If you don't think the sky is falling then you are ridiculed as "sunshine pumpers" and "Mike Lovers". Last year was nauseating on mmqb. Jump Ball seems to be there now.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

sickboy

Deep Shoat

Answer this question honestly.

Do you believe Mike Anderson's system is the best Arkansas can do?
All Gas, No Brakes!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: sickboy on February 21, 2018, 01:34:32 pm
Hasn't it always been?

I always thought it was much more mellow than mmqb. Maybe I was wrong.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 01:33:36 pm
Constant whining no matter a win or loss. Insulting nicknames for the coach are becoming the norm. Post-game coaching experts are running rampant, flaunting their expertise on what "they" would've done. If you don't think the sky is falling then you are ridiculed as "sunshine pumpers" and "Mike Lovers". Last year was nauseating on mmqb. Jump Ball seems to be there now.

The main thing is posts just like your's. You do not agree with people being critical of Mike so you want to characterize them as the extreme. If someone says " Mike is not a great coach " someone will shoot back with " You just hate Mike because he's black " or some other extreme reply.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 21, 2018, 01:35:32 pm
Answer this question honestly.

Do you believe Mike Anderson's system is the best Arkansas can do?

Honestly, I have no clue. I think he's better than most up-n-coming coaches out there.

sickboy

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 01:36:01 pm

Hmmmm. I've actually always thought the expectations for basketball were even a little crazier. Jump Ball in my mind gets even crazier at times with the bi-polarity. But I feel like Jump Ball has more, let's say, well informed fans, as a whole.

Beaverfever

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 01:36:01 pm
bahaha you were.  You are thinking of the late Pelphrey/early CMA era when the program was in a coma and nobody cared.  Before that Jump Ball was the most manic forum on hogville. 

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 01:38:06 pm
The main thing is posts just like your's. You do not agree with people being critical of Mike so you want to characterize them as the extreme. If someone says " Mike is not a great coach " someone will shoot back with " You just hate Mike because he's black " or some other extreme reply.
Or if someone questions the ability of the refs to do their job, you'll shoot back that all refs are God like....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 01:38:06 pm

Couldn't be further from the truth. I'm talking about winning by 18-20 points and come on jump ball to find 1 thread saying good game and 10 whining about a player or a play or a series of poor execution.

I also don't think I've EVER seen someone say "you just hate him cuz he's black". I also think criticism is fair, but it's gotten to the point that people complain just to complain. Perfect example was last night when Macon and Barford were on the bench and Beard started being aggressive. A thread pops up about calling Mike to bench him cuz he was sucking so bad...his stat line was 3-5 from 3 and 2 TOs. Why would someone create a thread just to whine about a guy who wasn't even playing bad?

That's what I'm talking about.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 21, 2018, 01:39:55 pm
bahaha you were.  You are thinking of the late Pelphrey/early CMA era when the program was in a coma and nobody cared.  Before that Jump Ball was the most manic forum on hogville.

Ha ha...I didn't read much on HV during the Pelphrey days. I stayed on WholeHogSports then when they actually had a forum.

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 01:39:10 pm
Honestly, I have no clue. I think he's better than most up-n-coming coaches out there.

Every great coach was once an up and comer. Eddie and Nolan were up and comers. Arkansas is not in a position to wait to get someone after they turn out to be great. They have to go out and try to identify the next great one while he is still just coming up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PharmacistHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 01:45:44 pm
Couldn't be further from the truth. I'm talking about winning by 18-20 points and come on jump ball to find 1 thread saying good game and 10 whining about a player or a play or a series of poor execution.

I also don't think I've EVER seen someone say "you just hate him cuz he's black". I also think criticism is fair, but it's gotten to the point that people complain just to complain. Perfect example was last night when Macon and Barford were on the bench and Beard started being aggressive. A thread pops up about calling Mike to bench him cuz he was sucking so bad...his stat line was 3-5 from 3 and 2 TOs. Why would someone create a thread just to whine about a guy who wasn't even playing bad?

That's what I'm talking about.

After a win theres 5 or 6 threads calling out "haters". Which is worse?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 21, 2018, 02:34:19 pm
After a win theres 5 or 6 threads calling out "haters". Which is worse?

Which is worse? Is this a legit question?

Let's see...having guys whine as Beard plays selfless basketball while others have the hot hand and then pushes to score when those 2 are out...and someone pointing out that level of idiocy of some random guy sitting on his couch whining about Hogs giving their all on the court.

Yep. Those 2 are the same...

Hawgndaaz

He's Houston Nutt in a nicer jacket

Decent recruiter, good motivator, horrible adjustor, with a ceiling at about  7.3/10.

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 02:41:21 pm

Let's see...having guys whine as Beard plays selfless basketball while others have the hot hand and then pushes to score when those 2 are out...and someone pointing out that level of idiocy of some random guy sitting on his couch whining about Hogs giving their all on the court.

YEs they are, one involves people critiquing the game itself, while the other involves some jackwagon calling others haters like some drama queen 14 yr old girl.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 02:41:21 pm

Both sides are equally annoying, with the worst offenders refusing to accept praise or criticism of mike. Just FYI, jumpball has been one of the most extremely bipolar forums on all of hogville forever so nothing is new around here. I just try to find humor in it and go about my day.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

jst01

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 21, 2018, 02:44:53 pm
I just try to find humor in it and go about my day.

Correct.  Years ago I almost took this place seriously. Now its entertainment and I worry that the grown men on this site that have these opinions are out in the real world living life and reproducing.

Letsroll1200

Jumpball is a 1,000 times worse. I was banned for saying it look like one of the Razorback football players was running in mud. Those MODS at MMQB didn't play about Bret!

navyhog24

MA is a lot like Bert. He beats the teams he should beat and can't beat the good teams. He makes questionable in game coaching/sub decisions. He just doesn't eat the whole buffet at the Golden Corral.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 02:50:12 pm
Jumpball is a 1,000 times worse. I was banned for saying it look like one of the Razorback football players was running in mud. Those MODS at MMQB didn't play about Bret!

You got banned for divulging mike's secret coaching strategy.
Millennials suck...

hogsanity

Jumpball is fine except for the two or three posters that have to make it personal.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 21, 2018, 02:55:00 pm
MA is a lot like Bert. He beats the teams he should beat and can't beat the good teams. He makes questionable in game coaching/sub decisions. He just doesn't eat the whole buffet at the Golden Corral.

Bert didn't beat nobody

Letsroll1200

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 21, 2018, 02:55:01 pm
You got banned for divulging mike's secret coaching strategy.

You probably was the MOD that banned me. I told you and tge others Bret was done in 2015. Y'all protected Bert until the end.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 02:59:19 pm
You probably was the MOD that banned me. I told you and tge others Bret was done in 2015. Y'all protected Bert until the end.

Hahahahaha. Go find a post of me protecting him. I was just making fun of mike being mic'd up and telling his players they were playing like they were stuck in mud. It was a joke. I can count on two fingers the people I have had banned and they deserved it.
Millennials suck...

swineology

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

jst01

hogsanity

Sow Lancelot

Pretty sure the infection in this place spread to MMQB.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

redhogchilipepper

The same posters that want Anderson gone still think Bill Self is just waiting for a chance to come. If not Self they want Buzz. Give me a friggin break.

navyhog24

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on February 21, 2018, 04:07:29 pm
The same posters that want Anderson gone still think Bill Self is just waiting for a chance to come. If not Self they want Buzz. Give me a friggin break.

Chris Beard is who we need to get.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 21, 2018, 04:36:41 pm

Let's see...born in Georgia...went to college in Texas...was an assistant at TT for 10 years...coached at UALR for 1 year...yeah, he's probably knocking the door down to come here...

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 02:44:50 pm
YEs they are, one involves people critiquing the game itself, while the other involves some jackwagon calling others haters like some drama queen 14 yr old girl.

Funny how easy it is to change the narrative. What you call "critiquing" many call "looking for ANYTHING to complain about".

Gg

HeyHogs

Same people here as there.  Do you feel Football Hog fans are not Basketball Hog fans?

rude1

There's one sure way to stop the "haters", WIN!!! Ask yourself this, "why does it always seems someone has to defend the program or the coach"? It's because they aren't winning, win games and the ones with the agenda will easily be silenced, but when you are playing NCAA bubble type of basketball on your best years there's going to be criticism and lots of it. Fact of the matter is I am no hater, but I am certainly not satisfied with the 7 year run we are on, nor do I believe after this large of a sample that it is going to get significantly better.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 21, 2018, 02:44:53 pm
Both sides are equally annoying, with the worst offenders refusing to accept praise or criticism of mike. Just FYI, jumpball has been one of the most extremely bipolar forums on all of hogville forever so nothing is new around here. I just try to find humor in it and go about my day.

This right here, folks. Read it. Learn to love it.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Kevin

It is becoming just like the nutt years. Except cma is a great guy.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The OTR

Quote from: swineology on February 21, 2018, 03:04:35 pm
Where's FCJ?

???

He went to the sonic after the game and didn't come home.  His picture is on milk cartons all over Forrest city as we speak.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: swineology on February 21, 2018, 03:04:35 pm
Where's FCJ?

???

My sources say he was last seen roaming the concourse at Barnhill looking to appeal to Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Torqued pork

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 04:46:48 pm
Let's see...born in Georgia...went to college in Texas...was an assistant at TT for 10 years...coached at UALR for 1 year...yeah, he's probably knocking the door down to come here...
Who pays better than Arkansas and demands so little?

swineology

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 21, 2018, 06:21:10 pm
He went to the sonic after the game and didn't come home.  His picture is on milk cartons all over Forrest city as we speak.

I'll start to worry if he ends up on the Wheaties box

;)

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 21, 2018, 06:58:27 pm

Does DeVry have a basketball team? Maybe them? ???

26.2Hog

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2018, 06:17:37 pm
It is becoming just like the nutt years. Except cma is a great guy.

I think this nails it.  Mike and Nutt had similar success, with Mike having a slightly better winning percentage (.642 vs .610), with Nutt doing better at year-end polls (ranked twice to end the year), and some level of conference success (SECW).

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 21, 2018, 06:58:27 pm

I was just saying that many say his name as if he's trying to get a job here. Go for him? Sure. WILL he? Who knows.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 21, 2018, 04:36:41 pm

Let him focus on beating Oklahoma State!

Atlhogfan1

Good thing we didn't play the Ok St roster TT did. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

pigture perfect

It's hard to be an objective commentor on here. If you opine about how someone needs to improve, you are automatically a hater. Say something positive and you are and idiot hugger. It's a tough place to be nowadays.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogsanity

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on February 21, 2018, 08:27:49 pm
People as a collective no longer possess the ability to have a civil conversation about the Razorbacks on social media. The act of trying is futile, which is why I rarely do it anymore.

So no, one is no better or worse than the other. Cesspools of a different name. Same with Twitter.

Now, let me go ahead and answer the next question, which is "Well, you're an admin. Why don't you clean it up?"

Because it is not worth the time and energy it would take. Much easier to just walk away.

There are many here who can have civil conversation about things.But, as with most social media type places there are a few that can not discuss anything without making it personal with those who disagree with them.