Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky player not impressed with BWA

Started by checkraiser88, February 20, 2018, 10:56:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

Print it and iron it to our jerseys please.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RedRock

When the product is bad, you don't want to watch.

rude1

Why should he be? LSU buried us there too.....................

WillsWorld

I was there and it was feverish there early when we went up on them but after they crawled back in it got silent quick so I can't say he's wrong. When the product on the court is bad the fans won't cheer.

sowmonella

I really don't give a flying crap what impresses him or not. :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 11:03:12 pm
Why should he be? LSU buried us there too.....................

Do you agree that he believes Vanderbilt is?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TeufelHog

Maybe the crowd was less than impressed with the "same old, same old" from "Mediocre Mike" and his inconsistent team.

GoHogs1091

Why would he be impressed?

Kentucky was basically on cruise control during the 2nd half.  Our crowd really didn't have anything to cheer about in the 2nd half.

If you want to impress an opposing player, then play solid fundamentally sound basketball and get a higher number on the scoreboard than the opposing team when the clock reaches 0:00 at the end of the 2nd half.

Svrdhd

TV guys made several comments about how quiet BWA was.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

MikePiazza

It was electric early when it was 11-0, but the crowd noise at BWA is as fickle as the fan base is on here.

Didn't help that they played poorly in the second half but it was pretty embarrassing watching the fans start trickling out once UK built a lead late. Comeback didn't happen but this team has been the master of comebacks both this year and last.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 20, 2018, 11:56:20 pm
It was electric early when it was 11-0, but the crowd noise at BWA is as fickle as the fan base is on here.

Didn't help that they played poorly in the second half but it was pretty embarrassing watching the fans start trickling out once UK built a lead late. Comeback didn't happen but this team has been the master of comebacks both this year and last.

ZZZZZZZZZZXX. Master of comebacks. That's good stuff right there......

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 20, 2018, 11:59:45 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZXX. Master of comebacks. That's good stuff right there......

The team came from 15 down with 6 to go at Vandy last year, who was a tourney team. This team wasn't 15 down at the 6:00 mark tonight. It could've happened but they couldn't get shots to fall.

spe450

hogsolutely

Why should anyone fear playing us at BWA?  we have proven nothing the last 10 years plus to put a scare in any team.  Kentucky was there for the taking an we chocked, blew it.  looked like a team that was out of gas.  An, while i can appreciate all the talk about Gafford being a 1 an done after last night can we put that to rest.  He was a none factor that was full of 1 an done's.  I like MA, an I love the Hogs, but last night sucked we will more than likely make the tourney not sure they deserve it we shall see.  But, the way they played last night maybe 1 win left.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 20, 2018, 11:27:58 pm
Maybe the crowd was less than impressed with the "same old, same old" from "Mediocre Mike" and his inconsistent team.

I was there. 6th row up to the left of the bench. I sure was less than impressed with Mediocre Mike's coaching adjustments.

go hogues

I didn't realize people still said that about BWA?

My gosh, almost any game, from any conference I watch on TV has a home fanbase more into it than Arkansas. I'd put BW WAAAYYY down the list - like probably not even top 25 most intimidating. It's not even the most intimidating in Arkansas. Like, isn't Harding known for that or something?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

MountieDawg

It was a 4 mile race and the Hogs and the crowd started the race in a 100 yard dash.... Then had nothing left for the last 2 miles.... With 5 minutes left the team and the fans started exiting the game....
SEC!

hobhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 21, 2018, 08:52:16 am
It was a 4 mile race and the Hogs and the crowd started the race in a 100 yard dash.... Then had nothing left for the last 2 miles.... With 5 minutes left the team and the fans started exiting the game....

The students were not happy. Started arriving an hour and a half before game and were so excited. Only to watch bad basketball for the last 20 minutes and walk out quietly. MA laid an egg and apparently losing some faithful.....

HamIAm

I'd love to get them at home on a Saturday again. The last time we had Kentucky on a Saturday was 2009. We've played them on a weeknight in Bud Walton 4 times since then. Meanwhile 4 of our last 5 games in Lexington have been on a Saturday.

DeltaBoy

Who cares UK are nothing but spoiled punks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Not the fans fault for sure....that first hog call was freaking solid.....the home product on the floor stinks.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mo_Better_Hogs

Hate to say it, but you can only ask so much of fans. But if you give them just a little something to cheer about, they can take off. Last night we went FLAT. And never seemed to make any kind of run to get back in it. The longer the game went, the more Blue did what they wanted to. Really hard to cheer amidst that.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 21, 2018, 10:05:52 am
Who cares UK are nothing but spoiled punks.

Thanks for keeping a sense of perspective Delta. They won so they get to talk smack afterwards. That's how the game goes.
Hogs up! Covid down!

MikePiazza

I honestly kind of hope Hogs lose out and Mike gets fired just to see what kind of hire Yurachek would make and if it is significantly better than Mike.

I'd wager it won't be and then fans will make threads in 2020 and 2021 (maybe we didn't have it so bad under MA, is this coach a significant upgrade from MA, maybe the program as a whole is the problem).

BallHog1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:38:04 pm
I honestly kind of hope Hogs lose out and Mike gets fired just to see what kind of hire Yurachek would make and if it is significantly better than Mike.

I'd wager it won't be and then fans will make threads in 2020 and 2021 (maybe we didn't have it so bad under MA, is this coach a significant upgrade from MA, maybe the program as a whole is the problem).
I want in on your side of the bet.
We apparently have a fan base (at least on HV) that knows more about coaching than successful Div 1 Basketball coaches yet none of them make a living coaching basketball....
This forum has become the biggest collection of whine bag cry babies I've ever seen assembled in one place. I'd have hated being on a team with them....unless they all won every game which would be the only explanation for most of their comments....

Jackrabbit Hog

BWA is still very impressive.

What goes on inside it . . . not so much.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

code red

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:38:04 pm

Yeah I hope you are an insider because, seems Mike is cemented here.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogsanity

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 21, 2018, 01:03:15 pm
I want in on your side of the bet.
We apparently have a fan base (at least on HV) that knows more about coaching than successful Div 1 Basketball coaches yet none of them make a living coaching basketball....
This forum has become the biggest collection of whine bag cry babies I've ever seen assembled in one place. I'd have hated being on a team with them....unless they all won every game which would be the only explanation for most of their comments....

It is not that they lose, everyone loses games, it is how they lose. It is that they lose games the exact same way they did in his 1st season. 1st we were told " just wait until he gets HIS players in here " then it was, " well he has his players but they are young so we have to give them time to learn his system " then it was " gotta give him time to rebuild after Portis and Qualls left early " and now we are looking at a repeat of " they are young gotta let them learn his system " next year.

You'd think that a good coach, after losing a few dozen games the same way over almost 8 seasons might try something else.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 02:37:45 pm
It is not that they lose, everyone loses games, it is how they lose. It is that they lose games the exact same way they did in his 1st season. 1st we were told " just wait until he gets HIS players in here " then it was, " well he has his players but they are young so we have to give them time to learn his system " then it was " gotta give him time to rebuild after Portis and Qualls left early " and now we are looking at a repeat of " they are young gotta let them learn his system " next year.

You'd think that a good coach, after losing a few dozen games the same way over almost 8 seasons might try something else.
Oh....ok

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 02:37:45 pm

I CANNOT wait for Mike to get fired and the next coach gets hired and hear the laundry list of complaints that you have about him once his tenure gets going.