Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why and how do people that don't go to games

Started by bythelake, November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm
think they have a right to have a say.  My bones shook today as it was cold.

Dam internet warriors.  You [CENSORED] are a liability to the ua.

Get out of here with that garbage man. I live 2 1/2 hours away and manage a car dealership. If my career wasn't being a weekend warrior I would be at every home game. UA makes plenty of money off of my family in other ways besides the 13-15 trips down there a year for various sports. "WE" like many fans on here make our contributions to the university from a far. Every supporter has a say regardless of the situation. I'm sure our fellow military Razorbacks would love to have a conversation with you. Pathetic!

Hogsmo Kramer

I've spent more than my fair share of rough times in those stands.

Rain and lightning delays when everyone else wanted to bail, freezing arss weather, hell even tornado watches and never left.

Season ticket holder til recently with donations to the Razorback Foundation, but I refuse to support this shite show.

Fire Bielema and start getting this ship righted and myself along with countless others will be more than happy to pick up right where we left off.

But don't come on here and call people keyboard warriors then start talking crap behind your own keyboard, that makes you look idiotic.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

docryde3

Should of bought a indoor club seat, then we wouldn't have to hear you whine.
Woo Pig Sooie

DoctorSusscrofa

A good portion of this thread shows the meanness of our fans. Pure meanness.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

BigDeal

proud to say i went today. first game in almost 10 years. miss the fresh air and the band even as it was cold windy and a little bit of rain. overall a good day for college football.

I thank you.

bullheaded

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 18, 2017, 07:51:43 pm
I guess our veterans overseas don't have a right to say. I guess fans that live in Virginia and California and every other state don't have a right to say. Sorry, I have a highly demanding job where I work most Saturdays and live 3 hours away. I guess because I chose a career path that doesn't give me every game day off so I can go to every game, I should be banned from this board and not be given a right to say anything about this team or the poor turnout of our fan base.

EastexHawg

I live 330 miles from Fayetteville but made at least five games a year for many years.  We went to nine one year and 23 in three years.  We gave up our season tickets two years ago because the only way we could show how sick of Long and Bielema we were was to stay home. 

I actually called the ticket office Wednesday to make sure they contact us about season tickets for next year.

I've been a fan for 50 years.  I've driven through snowstorms to get to games and all night to get home because we didn't want to miss one despite having an obligation the next morning. 

So...I'll attend or not attend as I please, thank you.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Swestwill66 on November 18, 2017, 08:26:18 pm
We are all razorback fans! Somebody with more decals on his car than me doesn't make him a bigger fan!
Go Hogs !

No!  You're not a TRUE Razorback fan unless you go sit in a cold rain for 4 hours.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

bullheaded

I reply every four or so years whether I need to or not. That was the most intelligent response I've seen since I began reading this site.

bullheaded

That was meant for Hogfarmer. Technology chalenged

Seebs

Please allow me to use your crap for candles as it does not stink.  Oh, and wear a coat when its cold. But We are the stupid ones.

Lastly, while you are at the game, I was on your lawn.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:48:25 pm
This is fun,  seeing a lot of support for team.

Let's make it to the game and support the seniors.

Think my post insulted the wrong group.

Props to all the supporters, but for others kma.  See you'll this weekend.

Me thinks you have more stickers on your helmet than Cole Kelley.

hoglady

Dang - if getting cold at the game, is going to make you this angry.
Maybe you shouldn't go.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Seebs

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 09:28:56 pm
Me thinks you have more stickers on your helmet than Cole Kelley.

I guarantee you he has a AAA sticker on his bumper and a Handicap parking space on his mirror. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Jowls on November 18, 2017, 08:18:21 pm
I remember driving from NWA to Memfuss to watch the Hogs play East Carolina in the dang ice bowl and I sat outside for the WHOLE game when it was 17 degrees. Why? Cause we had a coach that could coach and a team that knew how to win games. I live in NWA, 35 minutes from Razorback stadium and wouldn't take free tickets to watch the crud happening now. Worst part, I feel bad for the players as they deserve better.

Wasn't that the game that we won cuz the other team missed like 3 game winning field goals or something?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: Seebs on November 18, 2017, 09:26:58 pm
Please allow me to use your crap for candles as it does not stink.  Oh, and wear a coat when its cold. But We are the stupid ones.

Lastly, while you are at the game, I was on your lawn.

DuckTalesLOL

I went to half the games this year, including A&M. Stayed home today because I didn't feel like travelling from Fort Smith for a pretty obvious loss. I'm surprised we kept it close, but it looks like I made the right decision.

Jowls

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 18, 2017, 09:31:04 pm
Wasn’t that the game that we won cuz the other team missed like 3 game winning field goals or something?

Wasn't Arkansas' fault the game ball was frozen. I can remember hearing the hits and thinking "dang, these guys want to win". Bottom line......Arkansas' players found a way to win and the coaches gave them the opportunity. We cheered our frozen tails off at the end of that game.
I.D.I.C.

pattymac

Bythelake,
I think you have poo pooed in your mess kit.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

popcornhog

It was cold and miserable, for sure.

However, none of us have a say, really. I have informed the RF that we will be cancelling our tickets and donation if BB is retained. That's about all we can do.

Here's the thing though, there are a ton of reasons people don't go to games. That does not disqualify them from being passionate.

Here are a few reasons thatfolks don't go to games:

Can't afford tickets/travel
Work conflicts
Geographic location
Tired of spending time/money to watch Bielema
Fair weather fans
Have young children
Medical problems
Weddings

You get the point. Stop being so damn self important.
WPS

sowmonella

Quote from: IronHog on November 18, 2017, 07:45:36 pm

Refund our taxes that go to UA and you'll have a point

Your or our tax dollars do not go to UA Athletics.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

dfwalumdad

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 18, 2017, 08:17:23 pm
I have sat in games where it was way colder than it was today. I have sat in games, and sat thru the entire game when it was a downpour and a few where it was both.

The early start kept me from attending today, but in this country, there is a thing called the 1st amendment.

You and your ilk may not like it, but it gives all of us a right to express our opinions. If you don't like it, feel free to pack your stuff and head to North Korea where there is no freedom of expression..

You are a liability to the US constitution.

my son's first game was troy in little rock during the nutt years, november game pouring rain my son was 4.

my dad and i kept saying to my son..."don't you want to go home?"

nope! that little s**t made us sit through the whole game.

my son is now an alumnus

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: popcornhog on November 18, 2017, 09:51:17 pm
It was cold and miserable, for sure.

However, none of us have a say, really. I have informed the RF that we will be cancelling our tickets and donation if BB is retained. That's about all we can do.

Here's the thing though, there are a ton of reasons people don't go to games. That does not disqualify them from being passionate.

Here are a few reasons thatfolks don't go to games:

Can't afford tickets/travel
Work conflicts
Geographic location
Tired of spending time/money to watch Bielema
Fair weather fans
Have young children
Medical problems
Weddings

You get the point. Stop being so damn self important.

Good post and I would add, in today's world the 3 million fans watching the game at home is worth as much or more that the 50-78 thousand that actually attend the games.  Wonder if the OP has ever seen the amount of the conference paychecks.

rwspear

only 74k people may root for the razorbacks. after that, were full.

grassroothog

Your bones shook? Wasn't THAT cold. Cupcake.

1highhog

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:27:26 pm
Well, I hope we have a good crowd for the Missouri game and support the seniors. 

Long fired, check.

Bielema gone , check.

No reason for a less than full crowd.  Hot dammit.  Come on and put your butt in the seats or just keep talking bs.  Even when it's tough.

I love my Hogs but I'm not taking off Friday and driving 5 hours to watch what hopefully is Bielema's last game.  WPS!

bythelake

This is a lot of fun.  If you think I'm arrogant or on a high horse shows you don't know me. 

But I grew up being a fighter instead of a whiner.  Been exposed to many whiners  and malcontents like on here and social media.

Whine away, I'm sure lanny will back you.

Just go to games and support the team or does that just piss you off to even think about such.

sowmonella

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 10:12:33 pm
This is a lot of fun.  If you think I'm arrogant or on a high horse shows you don't know me. 

But I grew up being a fighter instead of a whiner.  Been exposed to many whiners  and malcontents like on here and social media.

Just go to games and support the team or does that just piss you off to even think about such.

Buddy you are just fighting a battle you can't win. The loudest critics of your post probably haven't been to a hog game in years.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Pork Twain

In the grand scheme of things, no fan is really better or worse than any other fan and unless you are a MAJOR booster, nobody really cares what any of us think.  Some fans are just more delusional than others.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 10:12:33 pm

Bret, your drunk go home..

Paragould Bulldog

November 18, 2017, 10:25:50 pm #81 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:17:40 pm by Paragould Bulldog
Maybe they spent four (plus or minus) years at the school paying tuition while getting a degree or two and would like to see their university succeed.  Do they suddenly have no right to an opinion because they didn't partake in person to today's debacle?   

Stupid.

hobhog

The people at the geme today are hardcore fans. 99 % that post on this board never go to the games or give a dime to program, yet post the loudest and most often.

It's today's world. Absent bravado.

hobhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 18, 2017, 10:22:58 pm
In the grand scheme of things, no fan is really better or worse than any other fan and unless you are a MAJOR booster, nobody really cares what any of us think.  Some fans are just more delusional than others.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself....

HatfieldHog

The "Fan Base is much larger than the people who can attend the games in Fayetteville.  There are thousands of Arkansas people and fans in Texas, which is why we have such a good showing when we play in Dallas!  I work weekends so it's near impossible for me to attend.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

bythelake

My dad got a BSCE degree in 1960 with me in tow.  Brother got his BSCE degree in 1980. Me, I got a masters in civil enineering in 1982. 

Means nothing other than many of us are invested in UA.  Oh yea, also put 2 kids through UA.

Don't  like whiners, never will.

hobhog

Today's attendance was embarrassing. You know who you are- you speak the loudest.

JHGiunta

Quote from: Jowls on November 18, 2017, 08:18:21 pm
I remember driving from NWA to Memfuss to watch the Hogs play East Carolina in the dang ice bowl and I sat outside for the WHOLE game when it was 17 degrees. Why? Cause we had a coach that could coach and a team that knew how to win games. I live in NWA, 35 minutes from Razorback stadium and wouldn't take free tickets to watch the crud happening now. Worst part, I feel bad for the players as they deserve better.

That was the most miserable experience ever. I've never been more cold in my life. The Wife and I thought we were going to die. But by gosh we won!

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: hobhog on November 18, 2017, 10:30:49 pm
The people at the geme today are hardcore fans. 99 % that post on this board never go to the games or give a dime to program, yet post the loudest and most often.

It's today's world. Absent bravado.

What about many of the red seat backs that were open today? People that were there are no doubt 100% on the hardcore fandom scale. But the 99% you speak of... I know a lot of people on this board that are season ticket holders in multiple sports, give sizable donations to the foundation, and have either graduated from U of A or have kids that have went or are currently enrolled including my own family history. I understand where you are coming from but Hogville is far from only having 1% that truely supports the "program".

Rudy Baylor

I thought you said you were going to bed

by the way, I'm perfectly in shape to have made the 25 mile trek to the game, and I didn't go, and I'm still going to voice my opinion

I'm glad I didn't spend one dollar on it

bythelake

Rudy, sad for you and worse for the UA..  the players need all the support they can get, no doubt. 

With the bad weather and disappointing loss, dam glad I was at game.   

Team played with everything they had.  Fun to watch.

And yea, I don't like to lose.

hobhog

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on November 18, 2017, 10:42:29 pm
What about many of the red seat backs that were open today? People that were there are no doubt 100% on the hardcore fandom scale. But the 99% you speak of... I know a lot of people on this board that are season ticket holders in multiple sports, give sizable donations to the foundation, and have either graduated from U of A or have kids that have went or are currently enrolled including my own family history. I understand where you are coming from but Hogville is far from only having 1% that truely supports the "program".

Name 5

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:11:25 pm
Hey guys, sorry if the truth hurts.

But, yea, would be smart to shut up and let the status quo continue.

Enough said from me ,  good night and continue your bs.

Let me guess.  This was the first game you've ever been to, wasn't it?  Who bought your ticket and drove you there?

SchrodingersHog

LMAO

You shook because you sat outside, not in one of the luxury boxes.

I've got news for you.  If you can't afford a luxury box, you don't have a say in anything.  You can criticize other fans and you can post on HV, but you don't have a say in anything.  Not the selection of the coach, Not the selection of the new AD.  Not the decision to build more luxury boxes.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

November 18, 2017, 11:10:56 pm #94 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:29:52 pm by Springfield_MO_Razorback
Quote from: hobhog on November 18, 2017, 10:57:13 pm
Name 5

I could give you six in Missouri alone. I'll give you five names after you talk to 65+ holders missing in just one section like you talked to us on here.

Paragould Bulldog

Quote from: SchrodingersHog on November 18, 2017, 11:05:08 pm
LMAO

You shook because you sat outside, not in one of the luxury boxes.

I've got news for you.  If you can't afford a luxury box, you don't have a say in anything.  You can criticize other fans and you can post on HV, but you don't have a say in anything.  Not the selection of the coach, Not the selection of the new AD.  Not the decision to build more luxury boxes.

What this guy said.

HognotinMemphis

Same as those who don't pay any federal taxes and never have, get to vote.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Cale

I can't speak for everyone(and not myself because i live in Colorado), but I know a few folks who are boycotting spending money on the program until they rid themselves of Bert. Can you blame them?
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol.  You sure talk a lot after saying good night.... :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

mckinneyhog5

Hog fans are pitiful..probably the largest bandwagon program in the SEC. The issue with that, is there are too many who never attended the UofA, so they have no loyalty to the university. They only show up when it's fashionable. It's understandable but they are probably the biggest whiners on this board and always want someone fired and buyouts paid by some booster. Luckily though their opinion doesn't mean squat.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.