Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Badger's insight on BB

Started by Wisconsin Guy, November 15, 2017, 01:48:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Guy

Hello, residents of Hogville,

I'm a genuine Wisky fan, living just outside of Madison, and a long-time Badger (UW grad in '88.) I've been acquainted with Hogville ever since Bret Bielema headed south to your fair city.  I was curious about how he'd be received, and how he'd end up doing. I ended up being right on both counts - you folks would give him a fine welcome and a lot of support, and he'd ultimately disappoint.

As the Bret train began to derail itself, I visited your boards to see what you made of the situation, and (more recently) to see how you were holding up. Very recently, I've seen several posts where folks were wishing they could have a Wisconsin fan's insights on CBB, to possibly shine a little light into that history that might explain what the hell happened with the Razorbacks. So while it's not much, I'm here to tell you what I know. My disclaimer:  This is just a standard fan's perspective: I don't work in the Athletic Department, am not related to Barry Alvarez, and only saw BB up close once, when I passed him during the Crazy Legs road race (yes, I actually saw the man jog). 

My take: I was not sorry to see BB leave Wisconsin. At the time, that didn't put me in the majority opinion up here, but I was confident in my assessment. While Wisconsin enjoyed a lot of success with Bret, I believe we could've attained even greater glory with better coaching. Our year with Russell Wilson as QB was a prime example. Under BB, our team seemed incapable of making halftime adjustments, and during far too many second-half meltdowns we were treated to Bret's dumbfounded look on the sidelines. We were expert at being good-but-not-quite-good-enough. We qualified for Rose Bowls only to lose them. Assistant coaches came and went so often that fans wondered what kind of a boss he was. I came to believe that Barry Alvarez stocked our cupboard with player and coaching talent on his way upstairs, and Bret was slowly squandering it away on decent (but not great) results.

Some Hogville residents have theorized that Barry was the key; and Bret was doomed to failure without him. Well, that's close, but you'd have seen the real cause if you looked BELOW Bret, not above. Back during nearly all of Bret's successful tenure, he had a guy named Paul Chryst as his offensive coordinator. Maybe you've heard of him. He's our head coach now. A smart guy, great coach, true class act. No, you can't have him. : )  I believe Paul was the reason for Bret's success, and when Paul left for Pittsburgh, there was part of Bret (the very small, unegotistical part) that figured he'd better move on himself, before he got exposed.

When Bret left, he suggested that Wisconsin wasn't capable of winning a national championship because our academic standards were too high. He believed that in the SEC, his coaching brilliance would be free to shine, and his new conference would be his ticket to the title.  Funny how that's worked out five years later, all the way around. 

Some darker rumors have been swirling on these boards recently, regarding Bret's personal habits / alleged demons. I'll only say that we Badger fans living in town heard the same rumors, and several of my friends saw the behavior first-hand. Rumor also had it that he was ordered to address it, and that he did, though if the stories from your neck of the woods are true, it may be the cure didn't stick.

So, that's what I've got. I hope this has been at least a little informative for those who were looking for it, and I also wish you and your team all success.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here; you fans are passionate about your football, loyal to your team, and a helluva lot of fun. Many of your posts have had me laughing out loud — you're very good at gallows humor — and I thank you for rolling out the welcome mat to non-hogs like myself. You fellows are class acts.

And hey, I realize you're busy, talking about your new AD and (soon, I'm sure) looking for a new coach, but if you could spare a cheer or two for the Badgers over these next few weeks, your friends to the north would appreciate it. Go Hogs!

Amityvillehogger

Classy post. Thanks for the insight.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

31to6

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 15, 2017, 01:55:22 pm
Classy post. Thanks for the insight.
Yes. And I would like to add that the restraint to not troll this board for 5 years must have been pretty hard to sustain...

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Wisconsin Guy on November 15, 2017, 01:48:13 pm

I'm a genuine Wisky fan, living just outside of Madison, and a long-time Badger (UW grad in '88.) I've been acquainted with Hogville ever since Bret Bielema headed south to your fair city.  I was curious about how he'd be received, and how he'd end up doing. I ended up being right on both counts - you folks would give him a fine welcome and a lot of support, and he'd ultimately disappoint.

As the Bret train began to derail itself, I visited your boards to see what you made of the situation, and (more recently) to see how you were holding up. Very recently, I've seen several posts where folks were wishing they could have a Wisconsin fan's insights on CBB, to possibly shine a little light into that history that might explain what the hell happened with the Razorbacks. So while it's not much, I'm here to tell you what I know. My disclaimer:  This is just a standard fan's perspective: I don't work in the Athletic Department, am not related to Barry Alvarez, and only saw BB up close once, when I passed him during the Crazy Legs road race (yes, I actually saw the man jog). 

My take: I was not sorry to see BB leave Wisconsin. At the time, that didn't put me in the majority opinion up here, but I was confident in my assessment. While Wisconsin enjoyed a lot of success with Bret, I believe we could've attained even greater glory with better coaching. Our year with Russell Wilson as QB was a prime example. Under BB, our team seemed incapable of making halftime adjustments, and during far too many second-half meltdowns we were treated to Bret's dumbfounded look on the sidelines. We were expert at being good-but-not-quite-good-enough. We qualified for Rose Bowls only to lose them. Assistant coaches came and went so often that fans wondered what kind of a boss he was. I came to believe that Barry Alvarez stocked our cupboard with player and coaching talent on his way upstairs, and Bret was slowly squandering it away on decent (but not great) results.

Some Hogville residents have theorized that Barry was the key; and Bret was doomed to failure without him. Well, that's close, but you'd have seen the real cause if you looked BELOW Bret, not above. Back during nearly all of Bret's successful tenure, he had a guy named Paul Chryst as his offensive coordinator. Maybe you've heard of him. He's our head coach now. A smart guy, great coach, true class act. No, you can't have him. : )  I believe Paul was the reason for Bret's success, and when Paul left for Pittsburgh, there was part of Bret (the very small, unegotistical part) that figured he'd better move on himself, before he got exposed.

When Bret left, he suggested that Wisconsin wasn't capable of winning a national championship because our academic standards were too high. He believed that in the SEC, his coaching brilliance would be free to shine, and his new conference would be his ticket to the title.  Funny how that's worked out five years later, all the way around. 

Some darker rumors have been swirling on these boards recently, regarding Bret's personal habits / alleged demons. I'll only say that we Badger fans living in town heard the same rumors, and several of my friends saw the behavior first-hand. Rumor also had it that he was ordered to address it, and that he did, though if the stories from your neck of the woods are true, it may be the cure didn't stick.

So, that's what I've got. I hope this has been at least a little informative for those who were looking for it, and I also wish you and your team all success.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here; you fans are passionate about your football, loyal to your team, and a helluva lot of fun. Many of your posts have had me laughing out loud — you're very good at gallows humor — and I thank you for rolling out the welcome mat to non-hogs like myself. You fellows are class acts.

And hey, I realize you're busy, talking about your new AD and (soon, I'm sure) looking for a new coach, but if you could spare a cheer or two for the Badgers over these next few weeks, your friends to the north would appreciate it. Go Hogs!

Pretty much my assessment.  Always though he was full of hot air and I did NOT welcome him with open arms.  I also don't necessarily wish him well.  He would have to pay back some of the salary he stole from us.  Remember, we were less than a year removed from a top five finish when he was hired and yes, we competed in the SEC W then too.  Colosial failure and should have been gone long before now!
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Sooiepride

Quote from: 31to6 on November 15, 2017, 01:56:35 pm
Yes. And I would like to add that the restraint to not troll this board for 5 years must have been pretty hard to sustain...

^^^^this
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

BearsBisonsBoars

Being frank, my opinion of Badgers fans soured from favorable to poor after we hired Bret due to a lot of butthurt on the internet. Posts like yours are bringing me back around. Thanks for taking the time to share!

My cfp fandom belongs to Miami this year, but I'll root for y'all so long as it doesn't hurt them.

The Hogfather

I think he just lost his fire after getting his big contract, a new wife, and a baby girl.  He'll get it back.  I also think he would've done as good or better as every coach you've had at Wisconsin since he left.  The SEC West is just a different animal.  It will make even the best coaches question their entire lives.

1highhog

I’m a genuine Wisky fan, living just outside of Madison, and a long-time Badger (UW grad in ’88.) I’ve been acquainted with Hogville ever since Bret Bielema headed south to your fair city.  I was curious about how he’d be received, and how he’d end up doing. I ended up being right on both counts - you folks would give him a fine welcome and a lot of support, and he’d ultimately disappoint.

As the Bret train began to derail itself, I visited your boards to see what you made of the situation, and (more recently) to see how you were holding up. Very recently, I’ve seen several posts where folks were wishing they could have a Wisconsin fan’s insights on CBB, to possibly shine a little light into that history that might explain what the hell happened with the Razorbacks. So while it's not much, I'm here to tell you what I know. My disclaimer:  This is just a standard fan’s perspective: I don’t work in the Athletic Department, am not related to Barry Alvarez, and only saw BB up close once, when I passed him during the Crazy Legs road race (yes, I actually saw the man jog). 

My take: I was not sorry to see BB leave Wisconsin. At the time, that didn’t put me in the majority opinion up here, but I was confident in my assessment. While Wisconsin enjoyed a lot of success with Bret, I believe we could’ve attained even greater glory with better coaching. Our year with Russell Wilson as QB was a prime example. Under BB, our team seemed incapable of making halftime adjustments, and during far too many second-half meltdowns we were treated to Bret’s dumbfounded look on the sidelines. We were expert at being good-but-not-quite-good-enough. We qualified for Rose Bowls only to lose them. Assistant coaches came and went so often that fans wondered what kind of a boss he was. I came to believe that Barry Alvarez stocked our cupboard with player and coaching talent on his way upstairs, and Bret was slowly squandering it away on decent (but not great) results.

Some Hogville residents have theorized that Barry was the key; and Bret was doomed to failure without him. Well, that’s close, but you’d have seen the real cause if you looked BELOW Bret, not above. Back during nearly all of Bret’s successful tenure, he had a guy named Paul Chryst as his offensive coordinator. Maybe you’ve heard of him. He’s our head coach now. A smart guy, great coach, true class act. No, you can’t have him. : )  I believe Paul was the reason for Bret’s success, and when Paul left for Pittsburgh, there was part of Bret (the very small, unegotistical part) that figured he’d better move on himself, before he got exposed.

When Bret left, he suggested that Wisconsin wasn’t capable of winning a national championship because our academic standards were too high. He believed that in the SEC, his coaching brilliance would be free to shine, and his new conference would be his ticket to the title.  Funny how that’s worked out five years later, all the way around. 

Some darker rumors have been swirling on these boards recently, regarding Bret’s personal habits / alleged demons. I’ll only say that we Badger fans living in town heard the same rumors, and several of my friends saw the behavior first-hand. Rumor also had it that he was ordered to address it, and that he did, though if the stories from your neck of the woods are true, it may be the cure didn’t stick.

So, that’s what I’ve got. I hope this has been at least a little informative for those who were looking for it, and I also wish you and your team all success.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here; you fans are passionate about your football, loyal to your team, and a helluva lot of fun. Many of your posts have had me laughing out loud — you’re very good at gallows humor — and I thank you for rolling out the welcome mat to non-hogs like myself. You fellows are class acts.

And hey, I realize you’re busy, talking about your new AD and (soon, I’m sure) looking for a new coach, but if you could spare a cheer or two for the Badgers over these next few weeks, your friends to the north would appreciate it. Go Hogs!

Classy post and welcome to our little bit of heaven and right now, our hell as long as BB is here.  I enjoyed your post and I hope your Badgers the best in their final games. 

CareBear

Thanks partner! I've got a few friends who moved from Wisconsin to Fayetteville  in grade school. Their accents stuck out just as mine would in Madison. They both had that Midwestern innocent charm about them. One of them, Andrew Kroeker, played Football at Stanford which was a tough decision because he loved him some Badgers. The other one, Tommy Varebrook, went on to play college baseball & is now a cop in Wisconsin.
There were a couple Wisky fans that called a local sports talk show with predictions about how Bert would do. They were spot on regarding everything they predicted. EVERYTHING!
Thanks for you insight my friend! I always pull for the Badgers!

The Hogfather

Additionally, to point to Chryst as the reason Bielema was successful at Wisconsin is a bit much.  The guy never did better than 7-6 at Pitt in his 3 years there.

Scheduling has more to do with the success of both Chryst and Bielema at Wisconsin than anything else.

SooieGeneris

Thanks for the perspective. It is always helpful, usually anyway, to get input from others about their experiences with the same coach or person.

It seems to confirm what many of your fans told us in the beginning. No halftime or ingame adjustments, very poor clock management etc.

I looked it up and your winning percentage since he left is quite a bit better, especially in Big 10 play, even with TWO different Head coaches.

Told me all I need to know, thanks!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hogfan98

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 15, 2017, 01:59:01 pm
Being frank, my opinion of Badgers fans soured from favorable to poor after we hired Bret due to a lot of butthurt on the internet. Posts like yours are bringing me back around. Thanks for taking the time to share!

My cfp fandom belongs to Miami this year, but I'll root for y'all so long as it doesn't hurt them.

I've never disliked them.  If you like beer and fried cheese you can't be all that bad.

19Hog78

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 02:05:42 pm
Additionally, to point to Chryst as the reason Bielema was successful at Wisconsin is a bit much.  The guy never did better than 7-6 at Pitt in his 3 years there.

Scheduling has more to do with the success of both Chryst and Bielema at Wisconsin than anything else.

And there it is.

But of course winning percentages and scheduling are completely irrelevant when it comes to Nick Saban having a much higher winning percentage in the SEC than he did in the Big 10.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hogfan98 on November 15, 2017, 02:14:36 pm
I've never disliked them.  If you like beer and fried cheese you can't be all that bad.

I spend more time on Reddit /cfb than any other sports forum (besides HV recently)

The Wisconsin fans there... whew lad. But they've gotten better in the past year or so, by and large.

The Hogfather

Quote from: 19Hog78 on November 15, 2017, 02:21:51 pm
And there it is.

But of course winning percentages and scheduling are completely irrelevant when it comes to Nick Saban having a much higher winning percentage in the SEC than he did in the Big 10.

Say whatever you want to.  Nick Saban at Michigan State right now would win as much as he is at Alabama right now.  Michigan State Nick Saban was Nick Saban just getting his feet under him. 

Also, here was Michigan State before he got there:

1991:  3-8 (3-5)
1992:  5-6 (5-3)
1993:  6-6 (4-4)
1994:  5-6 (4-4)****With an academic scandal that caused them to forfeit all of their games.  Officially, they are 0-11 (0-8) for 1994

He was hired for the 1995 season (his 2nd season as a head coach), inheriting a program that had just been rocked by scandal, which resulted in him losing 6 scholarships, and turned the program around.

The Big 10 has been weak since before Bielema left.  They're just now starting to get back to a respectable level, with the return of programs like Michigan and Penn State to the fold.

FutureMan

Thanks for posting.  I appreciate your insight.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

RideTillIDieHawg

Worthless post, at the end of the day you still live in Wisconsin have fun shoveling snow all winter.

dhizzle

I think Bret's downfall has a lot to with what Barry Alvarez said a few weeks ago at the touchdown club. The offense the Badgers run works because of there location. They have big men in that area so they can run you over and stop the run. I would say Barry has more to do with the success of the football program than most think.

LRHog

Always been a mild fan of Wisky. Nearly all of you guys that have posted here have been classy and simply trying to post information regarding his tenure up north. You'll have at least this razorback watching the rest of the season.

ballz2thewall

thanks OP.

in sum, my personal opinion is that he's LAZY, and that everything else flows from proverbial absenteeism.
The rest of the frog.

buldozer

bphi11ips

Anyone else sense some fulminating in the OP?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wisconsin Guy

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on November 15, 2017, 02:31:28 pm
Worthless post, at the end of the day you still live in Wisconsin have fun shoveling snow all winter.

Will do. You stay classy, RTIDH.

tolerati

Classy post and good luck to the Badgers!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

moses_007

So, I guess BB was a drunk at Wisconsin too.  Until this week his drinking had never surfaced here as being a problem.  What we didn't know was that he has been drinking on the job.  Maybe that explains his dumfounded looks during a game, and his inability to be a game coach whatsoever.

Thanks for your insight.

19Hog78

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 02:25:36 pm
Say whatever you want to.  Nick Saban at Michigan State right now would win as much as he is at Alabama right now.  Michigan State Nick Saban was Nick Saban just getting his feet under him. 

1994:  5-6 (4-4)****With an academic scandal that caused them to forfeit all of their games.  Officially, they are 0-11 (0-8) for 1994

He was hired for the 1995 season (his 2nd season as a head coach), inheriting a program that had just been rocked by scandal, which resulted in him losing 6 scholarships, and turned the program around.

The Big 10 has been weak since before Bielema left.  They're just now starting to get back to a respectable level, with the return of programs like Michigan and Penn State to the fold.

Say what you want to fit your narrative.

By Saban turning MSU "around", you mean having one season (out of 5) with less than 5 losses?

As for getting his "feet under him", Chryst's three seasons at Pitt were comparable to Saban's first three at MSU. And let's not pretend there wasn't turmoil surrounding the Pitt program when Chryst took over. He was something like the fifth head coach in under two seasons.

If Bielema had somehow pulled off a 9-win season this year, he'd be on right on par with what Saban did at MSU. Bielema entered in the wake of a scandal as well.

I'm not making the argument that either of these guys is even close to the coach that Nick Saban is, but it's simple-minded to dismiss their success to easy scheduling.

hawgmasta

This is an alt of Skandar Jackson.

Mellon Collie

The OP stated what everyone who bothered to research the hire knew already. Which is why so many fans were anti-Bret from the get-go. His partying while at UW is not rumor but fact.  It is unfortunate that he flamed out here so intensely as he took down the AD with him and set the program back.  But it is not surprsing, not even a little.  He was over his head from the start, and UW's success without him is damning.

Rayzback

November 15, 2017, 03:50:31 pm #28 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:07:35 pm by Rayzback
Have no problems with Badger fans. Surprisingly, I have met quite a few that have chosen to retire here.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

goneal

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 02:25:36 pm

Total silly BS.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

1highhog

Quote from: Wisconsin Guy on November 15, 2017, 02:52:51 pm
Will do. You stay classy, RTIDH.

Don't worry about that guy, we have trolls that come on here from other sites that are not Hog fans.

farmhawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 01:59:21 pm
I think he just lost his fire after getting his big contract, a new wife, and a baby girl.  He'll get it back.  I also think he would've done as good or better as every coach you've had at Wisconsin since he left.  The SEC West is just a different animal.  It will make even the best coaches question their entire lives.
Bs.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rude1

Good post, not here to gloat and say "I told you so"  but to give honest assessment.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Really? SMH

redneckfriend

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 01:59:21 pm

Not really sure about the first part- I expect he is on the way to a sub-P5 DC job but the last two sentences- spot on unless you coach Alabama - and even then ask Mike Schula (although the textbook scandal was sort of sad- did he even know?).

ronmahony

Really classy post. I have been a fan of Wisconsin every since you guys beat us in the bowl. Didn't get to go but I remember people that did go talking how classy the fans were. That is the reason I was happy to hear he was coming here. For a while anyhow. Nice insight, I figured it was Alvarez that was doing the coaching, telling BB how to run his team. Good luck, I will be keeping an eye on you guys.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

twistitup

We've got some good shine in the Ozarks....CBB isn't the first one to like it a little too much

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

cosmodrum

Thanks for the post. I lived in Madison for a summer and have been there many times. It is a wonderful place and Camp Randall is a GREAT stadium, and the lakes are just beautiful. The Student Union is a very cool place to kick back with a beer and watch some amateur musicians.

Now I have a hankering for some cheese curds at the Stadium bar or some State St Brats.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

You are a withered anus.
Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

Wisconsin Guy, Thanks so much for the insight as well as your entire post. It confirms/clarifies some of the things that I've wondered and thought about for several years. CBB seems like a very likable guy; certainly the type guy you'd love to hang out with and most certainly with whom you'd enjoy knocking a few back. However, as we know, that doesn't necessarily cut it when it comes to major D1 coaching. Unfortunately for us the past five years have often been like the classic "Chinese water torture" as we slowly got more and more discouraged season after season. We just never could "get over the hump".

Hopefully we can begin anew at the end of the season. While it's always a huge gamble anytime you're trying to find the next coach who will truly be the great fit, it's more than past time. At this rate our program is disintegrating faster than ice sitting out on hot pavement. We can't take much more than this.

Wishing you and your fellow Whisky fans all the best the rest of the season. Hope you take care of the Buckeyes, or whoever you end up playing in the BIG 10 CG, and perhaps this will eventually land you in the NC playoffs. BTW have had kind of a special place for ole Bucky ever since visiting Wisconsin years ago with my former wife (she was born and raised in Fond du Lac). 

urkillnmesmalls

Always count on someone on Hogville to come out with both barrels of class.  Nice work.     ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Jek Tono Porkins

Nice post. Madison is one of my favorite places to visit...in the summer.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Razorback Pastor

Amityvillehogger

There's one black sheep in every family. Go back to your hole now.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Bubba's Bruisers

Didn't read.  I'm sure it was great, though.  Always respected your program.  WI is an excellent academic school too.  Never been, but everyone I know who has says Madison is great.

I just wanted to implore you to kick tOSU's arse in the conference CG.  I hate tOSU.  Hate them.  Hate.  I would wear burnt orange and root for Texass if they played tOSU and I thought it would help tOSU lose.

Please.  Don't frick it up for me.  I can't stomach tOSU in the playoff.  And I assure you, if they win out, they'll Weisel their way in. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tarheelhawg

I can't speak for anyone else on this board , but  I couldn't care less about a Badger's opinion about Bielema.  I have well formed opinion which has been developing over the past 5 years.  My opinion is that it is time to focus on the future and let Beilema go sooner than later. 

hawaiianhogster

We Hog fans have no choice in deciding who our head coach is. However we Hog fans completely support the new coaches. We want to win and win allot. By supporting the new coach it gives him the support he needs to be successful. I could care less who the coach is as long as they win plenty.

I give every coach 5 years to create a winning program. Well BB has failed in that. I agree he has to go. Now we need to give that coaching position to the guy we should have given it to in the first place. Gus Malzahn. However due to the Nutt job coach we had and his psycho wife causing trouble and plenty soap opera material JL chose BB.

Good luck to your team Wisconsin fan. They seem to be headed in the right direction. Beat Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State and your team will be my 3rd most favorite team ever. :)

cosmodrum

Our fan base is obviously littered with jackasses.
Go away, batin'

HawgWyld

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 20, 2017, 02:03:11 am
Our fan base is obviously littered with jackasses.
As opposed to the polite, well-mannered fans that pull for other teams?

That said, I appreciate the insight on Bielema from a Wisconsin fan. We Arkansans won't be sad to see Bielema go, either.

Masshog

I did a swing through Madison on a business trip a few weeks ago.  I came away shocked by the stories (from people with solid ties to the program) of his behavior and dependencies. 

I personally found the people in Wisconsin to be very nice and football knowledgeable and can't wait to go back.... in the summer.   
My feets hurt.