Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Stan leave after the season?

Started by twistitup, February 28, 2006, 09:18:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogblog

Let me see if I can predict.................... Based upon previous UA coaching transactions....................Nebraska (Indiana) offers Stan, Stan loves the jersey ($$$$$) .....bingo Stan stays with a two year "can't be fired" contract extension!

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 28, 2006, 09:45:21 am
If Frank was breathing down his kneck, then he may look hard.

What the hell is a kneck? I've have never seen that misspelled before. + karma for you for being creative.

Now on to my real question. Does anyone have any real solid information about Heath's wife not wanting to be here? Any links? Was it in an article I missed somewhere? I hear this all the time, but have never seen any proof of it.

tophawg19

on the other hand we are about 16 points from having several more losses . next years team will be without ferguson, modica ,and possibly brewer and still has no proven PG . ervin was fair at Miss. st but was far from setting the league on fire .where will the points come from next year ? who is the team leaders ? where does the outside shooting come from ? till we can finish a season in the top 25 i still say we aren't improving much . losing to ole miss as bad as they are should never have happened . making the tournament doesn't mean much if you lose in the 1st round that just means you are 1 of the top 64 teams big deal .if he makes the second round then i'll say that things have improved .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Lokirain

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 28, 2006, 04:38:50 pm
on the other hand we are about 16 points from having several more losses . next years team will be without ferguson, modica ,and possibly brewer and still has no proven PG . ervin was fair at Miss. st but was far from setting the league on fire .where will the points come from next year ? who is the team leaders ? where does the outside shooting come from ? till we can finish a season in the top 25 i still say we aren't improving much . losing to ole miss as bad as they are should never have happened . making the tournament doesn't mean much if you lose in the 1st round that just means you are 1 of the top 64 teams big deal .if he makes the second round then i'll say that things have improved .

Brewer will be back. As far as losing Modica and Ferguson... mah. They have been good to the program, but they aren't irreplacable stars. No offense to our seniors, but next year's seniors are the guys that will be missed. They are Stan's first recruits, not Nolan's leftovers. We do need a PG to emerge, but McCurdy looks like he's coming along and we are bringing in a good backcourt next year.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 02:49:05 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 02:28:26 pm
Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 02:26:26 pm
If firing Stan Heath is the best thing for the Razorbacks then I am all for it. (I don't think it is, but then again, I am not the athletic director). I just want my **** basketball team to be good. I hate having to defend a bad team all the time. And I sure as hell ain't jumping ships. Arkansas is it for me.

Don't worry, or get excited, I am not jumping ships either.  I am just sick of telling people wait till next year.

That is what happens in a rebuilding process when improvement is occurring.

Sorry but I don't think it is a rebuilding thing.  We have the talent that we need.  I am afraid that Heath just does not know how to coach that well.  It seems as if the team is comeing together and playing as a team better but I think that is just because the guys want to win.  I honestly don't think it has a lot to do with Heath's coaching ability.  I hope I am wrong and we are great next year.  If I am I will eat my words.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Kilgor

The program is getting better each year.  What they are doing this year PLUS the pieces in place and coming in for next year should have all Hog fans excited.

My opinion. ;D
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

arkjay19

Winning close games has to do with discipline and it is the coach's job to discipline his players for those situations.  Before these last three games when they finally started coming through in the end, I did not think that Heath was fulfilling that part of his job, but now that we see that he and the team are making progress I think that he should and will be here next year.  Especially since he has three pretty good recruits coming in.

Fletch

I don't think it's fair to compare rebuilding baseball to basketball, or to football for that matter. Many times it's an apples to oranges comparison. I like Stan and I like progress, and I am excited right now, but with that said, it has taken us a long time to get where we are now, which is not a whole lot to brag about. Yes, it is much better than it was two weeks ago, but we are unranked, 3rd in the west(we were predicted 2nd), and have lost to some crummy teams. I hope the best for Stan but 4 years is enough to build a program. It seems like now we are on our way unless we stumble in the next 2 games. My opinion is if Stan stays to finish the job fine, if he is fired fine, we have a much better base to build from than before. Like I said I like Stan and hope he can take us to a much higher level, but yu are fooling yourself if you think we are there or even close at this point. Win about 4 more in a row and I think you have a good argument, but right now we are a decent team with a 3 game winning streak and that is about it.
I feel like $100

Richard_white

It's just kind of funny that we can base 3 straight wins (even with a road win) compared to awful SEC conference record, no SEC tournament wins and NO NCAA tournament apearances.  Like I said, I am going to sit back and watch these Razorbacks play even if I have to get off of Stan's back (God I can't believe I said that).

WPS

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 28, 2006, 09:58:46 am
Look a coach has to learn that fans are going to be fans, fans gripe everywhere, stop sugarcoating stuff, he was 3-27 in the SEC in Road Games, we were struggling, people are going to say stuff, people may not even know who romona is, we beat a good team on the road and all of a sudden its peaches and cream, My brother is a coach and his wife doesn't stand up and correct fans when we go 3 and out and they yell something stupid, its part of the territory, you buy tickets, you can say whatever you want.  From her last blowup, she blew up when people were chanting ronnie's better, to me, that sounds like she has a problem

Two thoughts come up......

1.  Coaches get paid a lot of money to compensate for the scrutiny they receive from the public.

2.  Over here (Tulsa).....people were questioning Bob Stoops this year.........after having fewer than 10 losses in his entire career at OU........fans will question anyone who isn't winning to the desired level....bringing me back to the first point.

In the big picture.......cops, soldiers, firemen, and teachers make a much greater impact on society....but their financial compensation does not reflect that.....  coaches do teach....but athletics is mostly entertainment.....so if a coach is paid $800,000 (and that's cheap for the SEC)......he/she should be obliged to deal with fans' comments.  Should they not want to deal with that.....then coaches should coach for free and fans should get free tickets.
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Topcat

If we could make it to the sweet 16, maybe some idiot AD would come in and hire this loser away. Then we could move on with a real D1 coach that didn't require on-the-job training. He still has a terrible record at AR and 3 straight wins won't wash that away.  4-27 SEC ROAD RECORD IS STILL THERE 

Lokirain

February 28, 2006, 09:38:56 pm #111 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:43:33 pm by Lokirain
So if Stan goes to the Sweet 16, you want to get rid of him? "Brilliant."

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Topcat on February 28, 2006, 09:36:52 pm
If we could make it to the sweet 16, maybe some idiot AD would come in and hire this loser away. Then we could move on with a real D1 coach that didn't require on-the-job training. He still has a terrible record at AR and 3 straight wins won't wash that away.  4-27 SEC ROAD RECORD IS STILL THERE 

For the record, where do you stand with Nutt?

MrSpook1352

Is it always this hard to get smartguy to talk?

Stateline Hawg

First of all, the 1st 2 seasons shouldn't really count against stan.  Those teams were very bad talent wise.  We had Modica carrying the load, and if you watch closely and as much as i like pookies heart, he is a not a very good ball player.  Last year you can lay at stans feet, cause he didn't address the point guard needs.  We are a few missed free throws away from being in the catbird seat.  He has had us in position to win, some of the burden must fall on execution. We wouldn't be having this discussion if not for our woes at the line near the end of games

Venkmen

At the begining of the season if you had been told we would have a 20+ win season and be going to the dance most of you would be turning cartwheels. 

The program is finally turning the corner.  Lets see where this ride is heading before we call for SH's head on a pike.
I will cheer as loud as anyone for the Hogs, unitl they play Texas that is!

twistitup

When beginning the thread, I was not calling for Stan's head. I was wondering if Stan would WANT to stay. The team is playing great at this point- but whose to say- He might decide another program fits his style of coaching/personality more.

I have a feeling Stan's wife will be the main deciding factor- not if WE want him to stay or leave. (At least that is how things work around my house)
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsta

TXrazorback

Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

HoopS

Sorry Twist, I mentioned the direction imo of the program and didn't even offer a yes or no.

I don't see Heath going anywhere.  Now if a "big time" big 10 team comes to callin, all bets are off for me.

Topcat

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 28, 2006, 09:55:28 pm

We have a head football coach that has a losing record in his 7th and 8th year on the job. Our basketball coach has a terrible SEC record in his 4th year. I'm tired of the losing. How long is this kind of performance going to be OK with the sunshine pumpers? Our once proud program has reached new lows in the last 5-6 years and I'm not OK with that. It's time to hold EVERYBODY on the hill accountable for getting the job done. If they can't, it's time to replace them all. 

Lokirain

Yes, yes replace them all. The NCAA Tournament sucks, oh whoa is me. Glass is half empty etc.

Sanctified Swine

Quote from: Topcat on March 01, 2006, 09:49:47 am

We have a head football coach that has a losing record in his 7th and 8th year on the job. Our basketball coach has a terrible SEC record in his 4th year. I'm tired of the losing. How long is this kind of performance going to be OK with the sunshine pumpers? Our once proud program has reached new lows in the last 5-6 years and I'm not OK with that. It's time to hold EVERYBODY on the hill accountable for getting the job done. If they can't, it's time to replace them all. 

Our basketball coach has shown marked improvement every single year he has been here! Get a clue!

nwarazfan

Nutt's performance has not been satisfactory in years and that includes pre-"cloud" excuse.

Heath is doing a good job rebuilding our basketball program.  Is he a year behind where many of us think he should be?  Maybe.  Its going in the right direction.  8-4 in conf since the 0-2 start.  Won 4 of last 5 and should be 5 of 6 after tonight and 4 in a row. 

PIGOPOTTIEMUS

yawn........ Stan should have never been the choice to replace Nolan.....the only thing i can say about Stan  SEC road record..... hes helping my one year old learn to count......one......two......three.......and finally  we can say  FOUR......

nwarazfan

Quote from: PIGOPOTTIEMUS on March 01, 2006, 10:25:30 am
yawn........ Stan should have never been the choice to replace Nolan.....the only thing i can say about Stan  SEC road record..... hes helping my one year old learn to count......one......two......three.......and finally  we can say  FOUR......

So you don't think the program is getting better and much closer to being back to national prominence because we struggled on the road while rebuilding the program?  You doubters are really getting desperate when all you can do is post the road record.  Please keep doing that over the next few years as the program gets better because you will look dumber and dumber doing it.  Its actually starting to look stupid today.

Lokirain

"Boo hoo, I hate winning and the Razorback's success because it proves my theory on Stan Heath wrong."

I don't care if you gripe when things are going wrong, but when things are going right, give the coach some credit.

King-Tusk

Stan has shown progress each year and now has us talking about our seading in the NCAA tourney.  We are also talking about the talent coming in next year and how much better we will be. 

Stan should feel good about this and so should we.  He is repairing the program and has us in the position we have been waiting for. 

Go Hogs!!! :razorback:
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 01, 2006, 10:31:51 am
Quote from: PIGOPOTTIEMUS on March 01, 2006, 10:25:30 am

So you don't think the program is getting better and much closer to being back to national prominence because we struggled on the road while rebuilding the program?  You doubters are really getting desperate when all you can do is post the road record.  Please keep doing that over the next few years as the program gets better because you will look dumber and dumber doing it.  Its actually starting to look stupid today.

Now NWARAZ FAN,  I left this topic alone b/c I was sick of figting about it.  But now you said that people talking about 4/27 look stupid.  Im sorry but it is YOU that looks stupid.  4 and 27 is horrible.  I agree if in the years to come we actually get to 14 and 34 as you earlier posted then we will be improving and it will be time to shut up about it.  BUT as of NOW we are 4 and 27 and you can not tell me that is a GOOD or hell even decent road record.  Read more post less
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Lokirain on March 01, 2006, 10:39:00 am
"Boo hoo, I hate winning and the Razorback's success because it proves my theory on Stan Heath wrong."

I don't care if you gripe when things are going wrong, but when things are going right, give the coach some credit.

I am really trying not to gripe, but when you guys keep coming on here and sucking Stan's ummmm finger it just drives me crazy.  I am proud of the team over the last week and a half and SH deserves some of the credit, but a LOT of the credit is due to the team WANTING to win not the "great coaching"  WPS I hope we keep winning and SH is named coach of the year, just not time to give it to him YET
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Topcat

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on March 01, 2006, 09:54:40 am

Our basketball coach has shown marked improvement every single year he has been here! Get a clue!
Take out the cupcakes from last years schedule and see how much real improvement there was. If you compare the AR program with Belmont we're certainly a powerhouse. Give SH credit for the last 3 games but also give him responsibility for the first 3 1/2 years.

Topcat

Quote from: Lokirain on March 01, 2006, 09:54:35 am
Yes, yes replace them all. The NCAA Tournament sucks, oh whoa is me. Glass is half empty etc.
How do we know if the NCAA sucks? We haven't been since 2001. As a fan, I would say the glass is empty during that stretch. 

hogtheball

We've been through the worst with Stan already.  He's improving.  I don't think I have the stomach for another rebuilding situation.  Stay Stan.  Please.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

12under

March 01, 2006, 05:28:05 pm #133 Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:33:01 pm by 12under
Quote from: Topcat on March 01, 2006, 04:58:45 pm

Take out the cupcakes from last years schedule and see how much real improvement there was. If you compare the AR program with Belmont we're certainly a powerhouse. Give SH credit for the last 3 games but also give him responsibility for the first 3 1/2 years.
n

12under

Quote from: Topcat on March 01, 2006, 04:58:45 pm

every other team plays cupcakes, not just us.  i dont think anyone is saying that we are completely back to being where we want to be, but we have definitely shown signs and steady progress the last two seasons.  how come when anyone on this board wants to point out anything positive,  he pretty much gets blasted as a "sunshine pumper". 

twistitup

But the question is, Will Stan leave after the season?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dances With Hogs

I think if we win 2 games in the dance I will be happy, with Nutty I will never be happy.

Lokirain

March 01, 2006, 07:40:01 pm #137 Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:00:47 pm by Lokirain
Quote from: Dances With Hogs on March 01, 2006, 07:24:31 pm
I think if we win 2 games in the dance I will be happy, with Nutty I will never be happy.

I just want to go to the dance. I think we'll win the first one, our guys have some confidence.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 09:25:16 am
I agree with father swine, he was a hot commodity when he came here, now he's just "meh" so he better just stay put and try to continue building the program.
Can say this now about Anderson. Same song, 4th verse. Arkansas has been a pit of mediocrity from top to bottom in leadership for 2 solid decades.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ke2743

Quote from: HognotinMemphis on March 25, 2019, 10:39:24 pm
Can say this now about Anderson. Same song, 4th verse. Arkansas has been a pit of mediocrity from top to bottom in leadership for 2 solid decades.

Digging way back for this one.   

Smithian