Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nathan Stanley

Started by PhillyHog, July 08, 2007, 06:26:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyHog

Is really 6-5 and only 185?

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

PhillyHog

my point is that 6'5'' and 185 seems tiny.

can anybody provide some color?

does he have the kind of body that can get much bigger or is he twiggY?

Realist

doesn't matter.  We have our 2 QB's

Hawgballz

Quote from: Realist on July 08, 2007, 08:57:55 pm

True, but the coaching staff is trying to get him to walk-on at Arkansas.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

slopinhogs

fat chance for that since Michigan has offered him. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

arklahoman36

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 08, 2007, 09:30:49 pm

True, but the coaching staff is trying to get him to walk-on at Arkansas.

Doubt this kid will walk on anywhere.

Stanley went to a camp or visit at Michigan, but I don't know that he got offered, I've heard that too but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. He was interviewed by the Muskogee Phoenix when he came back, and didn't mention an offer from Michigan.

From everything I've read, he's been burning it up at camps this summer, getting much love.

After he returned from the Arkansas camp, his coach was interviewed, and said David Lee told him Stanley was the best HS QB he had seen this summer. Don't know if it's true, but that's what the coach told the newspaper.

Apparently he performed well enough at the Elite 11 regional camp in LV, that there was serious talk he could be among the QBs chosen for the national competition, but as far as I know they've announced all the QBs and he didn't make the final cut.

I guess coaches are starting to see the 70 pct completion rate and 3.2:1 TD to INT ratio wasn't a fluke.
He played for a team that went undefeated in the regular season and had a lot of blow-outs, so he only through about 10-12 times per game (they had a monster running game). I'd assume that was why he wasn't getting much attention before the summer camps started.

If this kid played in a larger classification and/or in an area with greater media coverage, I have a feeling the recruiting services would have ranked him much higher.

SoTexHog

well we have two who have committed.  but kids change their minds as we've all seen before.  no reason to not look at the guy, if he has interest in us.  we could make him a "conditional" offer.