Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Observation . . . Curtis = Emmitt Smith

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 08, 2007, 10:38:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

That's what I see when I watch his highlights. 

Very similar in size; DC may be a step faster (Emmitt was never known as a "speed" back, but he did have the burst he needed to go 50-60 yards for a TD in the NFL, so he was "fast enough").  To me, their mutual "signature" is their footwork; both have extremely quick feet, and they are able to stop/start, change direction and accelerate to pop through a hole.  DC is reputed to have good hands too, and that was something else that "E" was known for; few were better catching the ball out of the backfield.

We can only hope that DC emulates the career that Emmitt had at Florida.  But in terms of who Curtis reminds me of at this point, "E" is the guy.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 08, 2007, 10:38:38 am
That's what I see when I watch his highlights. 

Very similar in size; DC may be a step faster (Emmitt was never known as a "speed" back, but he did have the burst he needed to go 50-60 yards for a TD in the NFL, so he was "fast enough").  To me, their mutual "signature" is their footwork; both have extremely quick feet, and they are able to stop/start, change direction and accelerate to pop through a hole.  DC is reputed to have good hands too, and that was something else that "E" was known for; few were better catching the ball out of the backfield.

We can only hope that DC emulates the career that Emmitt had at Florida.  But in terms of who Curtis reminds me of at this point, "E" is the guy.

I don't think he is an Emmit Smith type of back. He favors more of a Kevin Faulk type of back.  The former LSU Tiger who currently plays for the patriots. 

ThisTeetsTaken

July 08, 2007, 04:53:45 pm #2 Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:03:43 pm by ThisTeetsTaken
IF you ask me, I'd say this kid looks like Fred Talley part 2.  Great speed but with much better hands.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 08, 2007, 11:07:10 am
I don't think he is an Emmit Smith type of back. He favors more of a Kevin Faulk type of back.  The former LSU Tiger who currently plays for the patriots. 

Atleast you got the Faulk part right but I was thinking Marshall Faulk  Wu Tang  ;)

STOP ON A DIME
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Sportsguy120

can anyone post his highlight tape on here? , from wat his stats show he looks to be a very versatile back he has very nice receving stats for a RB.