Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4* Athlete/4* Tight End

Started by Oregan hog, July 03, 2007, 10:03:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregan hog

This is the first that I have seen this guy.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59111&Sport=1

This tight end looks pretty impressive

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=48775&Sport=1

I found these guys on rivals top 250. There our 14 - 4* prospects that list us as medium. 2 -5* that have been mentioned on here. Arthur Brown/ Deion Walker they don't have us on there list but we know they really want to be hogs.

Bomis Hawg

I've seen Staley's name before.  Not the TE, though.  He's out of talent rich Monroe, LA.  Plenty of studs come from there.  Arkansas, though, hasn't gotten many of those that pan out.

Be nice to land one or both of these guys.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Oregan hog on July 03, 2007, 10:03:19 am
This is the first that I have seen this guy.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59111&Sport=1

This tight end looks pretty impressive

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=48775&Sport=1

I found these guys on rivals top 250. There our 14 - 4* prospects that list us as medium. 2 -5* that have been mentioned on here. Arthur Brown/ Deion Walker they don't have us on there list but we know they really want to be hogs.

You are being sarcastic about Arthur Brown and Deion Walker.  Niether one of these guys will end up at Arknasas, unless it is a miracle.  They also have no shot at that tight end and should not waste time recruiting him. 

jackflash

maybe we need to quit recruiting altogether you never seem to think we have a chance at anybody

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jackflash on July 04, 2007, 08:52:32 am
maybe we need to quit recruiting altogether you never seem to think we have a chance at anybody

I have said Arkansas has no shot at Sam McGuffie, Deion Walker, Tyler Edwards and Arthur Brown.  There is a reason why Arkansas does not make a habit of going after the 50 players in the country from out of state.  The only big time recruits Arkansas has gotten from out of state was Batman Carrol and Lawrence Richardson.  I would rather Arkansas spend more time evaluating and targeting some more players in the 250.  You will see in the end who is right.  I don't think Arkansas has a shot at these players until they narrow their list of 20 schools.   

arklahoman36

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 04, 2007, 09:37:02 am

I have said Arkansas has no shot at Sam McGuffie, Deion Walker, Tyler Edwards and Arthur Brown.  There is a reason why Arkansas does not make a habit of going after the 50 players in the country from out of state.  The only big time recruits Arkansas has gotten from out of state was Batman Carrol and Lawrence Richardson.  I would rather Arkansas spend more time evaluating and targeting some more players in the 250.  You will see in the end who is right.  I don't think Arkansas has a shot at these players until they narrow their list of 20 schools.   

I agree and disagree with you. You can't spend too much time and energy on big time players that are clearly leaning elsewhere, but I don't think you don't just give up either, because it could still be advantageous for future recruiting.

1) I'm betting ARK is doing no less to recruit Adams, Wright, Owens, etc. at WR because they have made overtures to Deion Walker. I'm guessing like some others on the board, that Walker has been targeted because the staff hopes the track program might give them an in with Walker.

2) Sometimes recruiting a player is about more than that player, it's about trying to develop relationships with coaches that could help expand your recruiting base in the future, even if you infrequently tap that area for players.

3) I would think getting a big name recruit on campus, even if the staff deep down doesn't believe they'll land them, could also be helpful in the future.
I'll stick with Walker as an example.
Say he comes, he is impressed with the facilities and the campus, but as I think he's going to do, commits to somewhere closer to home.
A year from now, there is a 3 or 4 star CB he was teammates with, who gets recruited by Arkansas.
It may be a phone call to Walker, and a kind word from him about what he saw on the Hill, that gets the kid to take a visit and maybe ultimately commit.

Hogstocking

July 04, 2007, 02:20:19 pm #6 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:03:03 pm by Hogstocking

Hello Tony Ugoh.  Rivals 100 member #5 OT in the nation with offers from Oklahoma and Florida State to name a few.   I get what youre saying but you come across as extremely pessimistic and jaded.

Arthur Brown for example.  I dont like our odds either, but the fact the UA has made the cut and is getting a visit from him is enormous.   And not to mention he's bringing several 2009 recruits with him, including his bro.   Us being a running school with a heisman contender and his brother will be the #1 RB in the country next year, it's not just Arthur I want to impress.

To say it's a waste of time or UA has no shot shows the inferiority complex some Razorback fans have that absoutely drives me crazy.  We may or may not have a shot with a lot of Rivals 100 guys, but if we dont atleast try we'll never know.

reflectioneternal

Quote from: Hogstocking on July 04, 2007, 02:20:19 pm

Hello Tony Ugoh.  Rivals 100 member #5 OT in the nation with offers from Oklahoma and Florida State to name a few.   I get what youre saying but you come across as extremely pessimistic and jaded.

Arthur Brown for example.  I dont like our odds either, but the fact the UA has made the cut and is getting a visit from him is enormous.   And not to mention he's bringing several 2009 recruits with him, including his bro.   Us being a running school with a heisman contender and his brother will be the #1 RB in the country next year, it's not just Arthur I want to impress.

To say it's a waste of time or UA has no shot shows the inferiority complex some Razorback fans have that absoutely drives me crazy.  We may or may not have a shot with a lot of Rivals 100 guys, but if we dont atleast try we'll never know.

Well lets see which one of the players on that list becomes a Razorback and then come talk.  Tony Ugoh signed 5 years ago, and there are numerous people on here actually thinking that there is a 50% chance Arkansas lands some of these guys.  It would be a miracle if they got one, but who knows.  Inferiority complex, or someone stating the facts.  Getting one player a year from out of state in the top  100 would be great, but it happens once every 3-5 years.  I am telling like it is and you are telling it how it might be. 

Shizzle

Historically we don't have a lot of luck recruiting top 150 players throughout the nation. I know we get one sometimes but you won't see us on the grand recruiting stage often. I always see a lot of great QB's coming out of the MAC and most of them are Ohio Valley products I have often wondered why we don't recruit that area of the country harder, surely we could beat Marshall and Toledo on some good players.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 03, 2007, 10:12:51 am
I've seen Staley's name before.  Not the TE, though.  He's out of talent rich Monroe, LA.  Plenty of studs come from there.  Arkansas, though, hasn't gotten many of those that pan out.

Be nice to land one or both of these guys.

Tyler Edwards will sign with LSU. His brother was on our National Championship team in 2003. Family is big time LSU fans. Only other school that has a shot, albeit a small one, is Alabama. Eric, Tyler's brother, really liked Nick Saban and Saban is recruiting him pretty hard.

VenturaHog

Quote from: arklahoman36 on July 04, 2007, 10:53:07 am

I agree and disagree with you. You can't spend too much time and energy on big time players that are clearly leaning elsewhere, but I don't think you don't just give up either, because it could still be advantageous for future recruiting.

1) I'm betting ARK is doing no less to recruit Adams, Wright, Owens, etc. at WR because they have made overtures to Deion Walker. I'm guessing like some others on the board, that Walker has been targeted because the staff hopes the track program might give them an in with Walker.

2) Sometimes recruiting a player is about more than that player, it's about trying to develop relationships with coaches that could help expand your recruiting base in the future, even if you infrequently tap that area for players.

3) I would think getting a big name recruit on campus, even if the staff deep down doesn't believe they'll land them, could also be helpful in the future.
I'll stick with Walker as an example.
Say he comes, he is impressed with the facilities and the campus, but as I think he's going to do, commits to somewhere closer to home.
A year from now, there is a 3 or 4 star CB he was teammates with, who gets recruited by Arkansas.
It may be a phone call to Walker, and a kind word from him about what he saw on the Hill, that gets the kid to take a visit and maybe ultimately commit.

+1

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 04, 2007, 10:23:20 pm
Tyler Edwards will sign with LSU. His brother was on our National Championship team in 2003. Family is big time LSU fans. Only other school that has a shot, albeit a small one, is Alabama. Eric, Tyler's brother, really liked Nick Saban and Saban is recruiting him pretty hard.

Makes sense to me.  Monroe is always full of solid prospects.