Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas in lead for Kentucky safety

Started by jbhicks, July 02, 2007, 04:22:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

Winston Guy, the 3* free safety from Lexington, KY (6-0, 185, 4.4) recently picked up an offer from UK. He now has offers from us, Minnesota, Cincy, and Middle Tenn on top of the UK offer. He lists us as the favorite in front of UK. If you read an article written by Otis Kirk earlier in the year, he seems like a really good looking prospect at safety. It would be awesome to land him and Lynn in the same class.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=688238

jpenrod1

I hope so. I love seeing that we are finally trying to fix our lack of DBs and QBs. we have already got enough Qbs and it looks like we will do the same with DBs.

LJHOG

It would be awesome to get both Lynn and Guy.  But, I am extremely pessimistic about getting Lynn.  USC, FL, & Penn St to name a few have offered Lynn.  I'm not sure we can compete at that altitude.

IcEwalker

we also need to add some defensive linemen, but i like the way our secondary recruiting looks so far.

hogfan0307

I think I remember either Dudley or Otis saying that Guy was very close to committing to us a week or two ago

hardcorehogfan

who is guy? and who have we landed so far in the secondary?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 02, 2007, 07:33:28 pm
who is guy? and who have we landed so far in the secondary?

Committed: Basmine Jones will be a CB/S type once he arrives on campus.  Others who have taken a Interest in the program are:

Junior Okpara  6-1/175/4.48  Sugar Land, TX

Charles Mitchell 5-11/187/4.58  Clarksdale, MS 

Greg Brown  5-11/164/-  Cedar Hill, TX

Travis Arnold 5-10/184/4.64  Madison, FL 

Kenji Jackson 5-10/169/4.5  Mansfield, TX 

D'Anton Lynn 6-1/177/4.48  Celina, TX 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

killamon

Bomis Hawg

Plenty of Texas athletes on that list.
I like it.

jackflash

is July 21 the last camp for Arkansas this year, is this not the one day camp where most the outstate kids come? would like to know how many DB and Defensive line prospect from outstate will be their