Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interview with Safety D'Anton Lynn

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 01, 2007, 10:21:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

D'Anton is a 6'2 190 pound Safety with 4.48 speed from Celina HS, Celina TX. I talked to D'Anton earlier this evening and here's what he had to say.

TRG: What are your offers?

D'Anton: Arkansas, USC, UCLA, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St. Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St., Florida, Kansas, Nebraska. I have 18 I can't remember them all.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

D'Anton: They offered me a month after football season something like late January. They were the first to offer.

TRG: What schools or camps have you visited or attended?

D'Anton: I've visited Arkansas on a unofficial visit, I went to Oklahoma St. Texas Tech, North Texas and UCLA. The camps I went to were USC, Louisville and Penn St.

TRG: When did you visit Arkansas and what did you think?

D'Anton: I visited Arkansas awhile ago, back in February maybe. I was real impressed. I went there for one of their intersquad scrimmages. I got to watch the scrimmage, I got to meet the players and tour the whole place and see all the facilities. I got to eat with all the coaches.

TRG: Compare Arkansas to the other schools you've visited.

D'Anton: When it came to facilities Arkansas probably has the best facilities and the weight room was amazing. I really the coaches. I like the recruiting coordinator and I like the safety coach.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

D'Anton: Coach David Lee.

TRG: Do you have any other visits plan?

D'Anton: I might be going Arkansas' camp July 21st and I've been invited to Friday night lights at Florida.

TRG: What about a decision?

D'Anton: I wanted to make it before football season but that's before I started getting a lot more offers and it's making it harder. That's still my goal but if I don't make it before football season I want to make it as early in the season as I can.

TRG: Do you have a top 5?

D'Anton: I had a top 5 and then I got the Florida offer. My top 5 was Arkansas, Louisville, Texas tech, Penn St., and USC.

TRG: So basically you have a top 6. Is that correct?

D'Anton: Yes Sir.

TRG: Is there a chance you may make some official visits during the season?

D'Anton: Even if I commit, my parents and I talked about it I would tell them I would still like to take some of my official visits and see if if they are OK with that. I still plan to take some official visits. My parents just want me to be one hundred percent sure.

D'Anton said Ohio St may offer in the near future. If Arkansas can sway D'Anton their way, it would be a huge pickup.

D'Anton's dad Anthony Lynn coached at Dallas with David Lee. He's now the running back coach on the Cleveland Brown's coaching staff.

ntubjr

VenturaHog

I love that we were on him so early, thats what needs to happen. The David Lee conection can't hurt either, I hope he recruits well.

HOGINTENNESSEE

D'Anton come to the school that offered you first !!!!!

jbhicks

I like our chances too. This is the defensive recruit I want more than any other. We already know David Lee can recruit well. He has been a major reason for some of our commitments so far and is the reason so many high profile kids have us on their radar. If we get him, it will be a major coup.

bd93

I would love to see him in a hogs jersey.

bkjacks

Lee all but had Vince Young ready to be a razorback, untill TX jump in late and swayed him away from us.

Quote from: VenturaHog on July 01, 2007, 10:29:07 pm
I love that we were on him so early, thats what needs to happen. The David Lee conection can't hurt either, I hope he recruits well.

killamon

having david lee and chris vaughn as his recruiting coaches definitely increases our chances....

ListenHereMister

Didn't Lee almost get Peterson to come to Ark also?

Landonhog

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 02, 2007, 08:39:15 am
Didn't Lee almost get Peterson to come to Ark also?

I seem to remember us being in his top few...

pig_sooie

I don't think it was Lee. He almost got Vince Young to come here. It was very close.

killamon

Adrian Peterson had us in his top 3, but his mom had us No.1.....unfortunately he didnt agree with his mom and chose OU

jackflash

Like this kid. still no 1 for me are corners, I feel they are greater need, next would be RB or DT, still I feel this maybe or best recruiting year

Realist

Quote from: pig_sooie on July 02, 2007, 09:06:43 am
I don't think it was Lee. He almost got Vince Young to come here. It was very close.
We were in Vince Young's top 3 but after it was over he said it was really down to Miami and Texas.  Now Adrian Peterson we did have a good shot at

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ntubjr on July 01, 2007, 10:27:21 pm
I like our chances.

Well, it's great that his dad and coach Lee are friends, but it seems I've read that his father has connections to almost all of those other staffs as well . . . the "brotherhood" of coaches runs deep and broad.

And never forget that dear old dad played at Texas Tech himself, back in the day.

cosmodrum

Man, that's a helluva list of schools. Seems like this kid has a bright future. I hope it's on the Hill.

C'mon over, D'Anton!!!

Go away, batin'

wholehog92

Come here and be a star on a good team.  The other schools listed and you are as good as the guys next to you on good teams.  Here you start at least one season sooner and probably play immediately.  The others can't say that, they recruited a guy like you every year for the last 8 or 9.  Be a hog.

I have been impressed with Lees' recruiting.  Keep up the good work. :D
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

kimjongsqUeAl

Come on D'Anton! You know you want to be a Razorback!  ;D
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God