Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willie Warren has verballed to Baylor??

Started by BleedsBlue, July 01, 2007, 08:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BleedsBlue

July 01, 2007, 08:03:20 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:14:20 pm by BleedsBlue
The flavor of the week continues with the Willie Warren recruitment saga. 

http://www.kentuckyink.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=177

Adam Stokes

If he wants to go to Baylor his wonderlic would probably be lower than Vince Youngs, I need to hear an announcement from him first before I would even want to believe that.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 01, 2007, 08:06:31 pm
  If he wants to go to Baylor his wonderlic would probably be lower than Vince Youngs, I need to hear an announcement from him first before I would even want to believe that.

Just revised my post.  See the link.

Adam Stokes

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BleedsBlue on July 01, 2007, 08:03:20 pm
The flavor of the week continues with the Willie Warren recruitment.  Some folks are hearing that he is giving the lean to Baylor of all places.  I know UA was/is after WW as well as we were/are, so until the ink is dry on the papers, no telling where he ends up.

Billie is cake-ing up a ton of guards which may backfire...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 01, 2007, 08:10:46 pm
Quote from: BleedsBlue on July 01, 2007, 08:03:20 pm
The flavor of the week continues with the Willie Warren recruitment.  Some folks are hearing that he is giving the lean to Baylor of all places.  I know UA was/is after WW as well as we were/are, so until the ink is dry on the papers, no telling where he ends up.

Billie is cake-ing up a ton of guards which may backfire...

It could.  Can't disagree with that.  It is the chance you take when you get verbal commitments as far out as 2010.  But verbals are just that, verbals.  08's cannot even sign until November.

Adam Stokes

July 01, 2007, 08:35:23 pm #6 Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:37:16 pm by ajs15razorman
A couple of funny parts:

"At this point of the interview, UK target and teammate of Warren, Rotnei Clarke called in interrupted our call.  When Willie called back he commented on Clarkes reaction.  "He said ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!."

"I just made the commitment, and now I've got a bunch of coaches calling me."  Willie said, "I also have to tell my mom about it...she's going to kill me."

"This is the third verbal that Warren has given this summer, and on the prior two occasions, his mother has cancelled the commitment."

Okay, what were the other two schools he verbaled to before his mom intervened?

bd93

COCHISE

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 01, 2007, 08:35:23 pm
A couple of funny parts:

"At this point of the interview, UK target and teammate of Warren, Rotnei Clarke called in interrupted our call.  When Willie called back he commented on Clarkes reaction.  "He said ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!."

"I just made the commitment, and now I've got a bunch of coaches calling me."  Willie said, "I also have to tell my mom about it...she's going to kill me."

"This is the third verbal that Warren has given this summer, and on the prior two occasions, his mother has cancelled the commitment."

I don't know but I bet Momma ain't gonna be happy with this one either....lol

The_Bionic_Pig

Looks as though Mr. Warren is easily influenced ..... it will be interesting to see his reaction once he is able to actually attend a live game.   We have got to get him here for Midnight Madness...  ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BleedsBlue

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 01, 2007, 08:35:23 pm
A couple of funny parts:

Kansas and Kentucky earlier.

BleedsBlue

He will be a one and done player in my opinion then off to the NBA.  He wants to be THE man so he can be drafted.  The guy is a player, but man is he unpredictable.

JoyDivision

do we even have March Madness anymore?

Wu Tang Clan

You may want to take a look at what is going on with the Baylor basketball program.  They are a program on the rise and had a recruiting class in the top 10 last year or the year before.

Realist

Rotnei Clarke's opinion on schools leading for Willie

"I dunno it really depends on what you day you talk to him with Willie"

leavenworth1

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 01, 2007, 10:25:13 pm

You may want to take a look at what is going on with the Baylor basketball program.  They are a program on the rise and had a recruiting class in the top 10 last year or the year before.

Yep, you're right.  Scott Drew is a fantastic recruiter.  BU is my alma mater, so if WW goes anywhere but UA, I hope it's BU.  They will be big-time contenders within the next three years, just watch. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomcat on July 01, 2007, 11:16:15 pm
This kid sounds instable.  I'm not sure I want him to don a Razorback jersey now...

You don't have to worry about that, he does not want to be a Razorback.  He is a kid who is making a difficult situation, with numerous factors affecting his decision such as DeAndre Liggins committing to Kentucky.  He will be pretty stable when he gets on the court for the college he signs his LOI with. 

jackflash

Arkansas will sign a good class because of playing time, still to early for coach Pel to know exactly what he has lineup for sure. recruits will have to look at what did at South Alabama, won't much time to show them with early signing period.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jackflash on July 02, 2007, 12:12:53 pm
Arkansas will sign a good class because of playing time, still to early for coach Pel to know exactly what he has lineup for sure. recruits will have to look at what did at South Alabama, won't much time to show them with early signing period.

The Baylor Verbal won't stick (Momma won't allow it)  IMO,  I think she makes him take a few more visits...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

wacohog

I,  too,  am a Baylor alum.  So far,  I haven't seen Drew prove he can do anything other than recruit.  The jury is still out.

Hawgballz

I have not been on the site in a couple hours, so who is WW committed to now.  I need a WW commitment update.   ;)  He commits so fast, it just messes ya up.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HawgG

Warren sounds a lot like Patrick Beverley to me with being an easily impressed or influence person.

Some kids just have trouble dealing with the fantasy world of recruiting.

Momma Warren did a good job of slowing her son down.He still may go to Baylor but taking a little longer will help him be sure of his decision.

IMO it is always best that there is a father figure to help along these kids during the recruiting process.

These coaches are not so quick to run that used car salemen routine on these prospects when there is a strong knowledgable presence around.

hawgwash

Quote from: JoyDivision on July 01, 2007, 10:19:08 pm
do we even have March Madness anymore?
I think you meant Midnight Madness.  No, we don't have March Madness anymore.  We replaced it with March Sadness.  Hopefully that changes this year though! ;)

mrcrowley

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 01, 2007, 09:09:32 pm
Looks as though Mr. Warren is easily influenced ..... it will be interesting to see his reaction once he is able to actually attend a live game.   We have got to get him here for Midnight Madness...  ;D
midnight madness sucked last year

RZRBack_FAN

Baylor???  Are you serious. They must be handing out keys to hummers? No way a kid goes to Baylor. When have they ever been anything? Its only been 3 or so years ago that they were killing each other up there. now all of a sudden they are landing top 10 recruiting classes. Just doesnt add up to me.

HawgG

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on July 04, 2007, 02:22:03 pm
Baylor???  Are you serious. They must be handing out keys to hummers? No way a kid goes to Baylor. When have they ever been anything? Its only been 3 or so years ago that they were killing each other up there. now all of a sudden they are landing top 10 recruiting classes. Just doesnt add up to me.

Just do a search on Baylor's recruiting since Coach Drew was hired.

2 minutes of your time should be enough to see the outstanding work that coaching staff has done.

As a matter of fact they have been on better recruits then Arkansas over the last few years.

Are they cheating? hmmm there has not been a fact or rumor to suggest that.

A great coaching staff can land great recruits.I mean the Charlotte 49ers landed a top 15 class very recently.

labmanok

Quote from: Tomcat on July 01, 2007, 11:16:15 pm
This kid sounds instable.  I'm not sure I want him to don a Razorback jersey now...

Great thing to say knowing that recruits DO read these boards.!