Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mcguffie in michigan, article

Started by VenturaHog, June 30, 2007, 07:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VenturaHog

jackflash

Would like this kid to come to be a Razorback, if we get Curtis and Johnson from instate, might hurt our chances with him. Feel with no 5 making a run at the Heisman getting another out state running back Will not be hard.

hawgwash

Quote from: VenturaHog on June 30, 2007, 07:39:02 pm
http://michigan.scout.com/2/655661.html
Some nice photos of hurdling and high jumping.  Does anyone know if McGuffi is at all a prospect in track, such that our track program might be of interest to him?

jbhicks

No track is not a factor in his recruiting. In fact, he is not even running track next year (and may not have this past spring) so he can be more ready for football.

hogsmaster

Hope he returns for an official visit in the winter to realize how cold it really is up there.

hardcorehogfan

would you rather have mcguffie or curtis?  anyone.

IcEwalker

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 01, 2007, 08:15:19 am

wow, that is one tough question.

curtis is an instate guy while mcguffie is from texas.

if i had to pick one, it would probably be mcguffie, but if we got curtis, i would be upset either.

jpenrod1

Quote from: IcEwalker on July 01, 2007, 08:46:59 am

wow, that is one tough question.

curtis is an instate guy while mcguffie is from texas.

if i had to pick one, it would probably be mcguffie, but if we got curtis, i would be upset either.

No not hard at all. McGuffie. I will be happy to get Curtis, but if i got to chose i wouldnt even have to think twice.

Waldron_Hog

While reading this question about Curtis of Mcguffie, I had a little deja vu.  Reminds me of the Upchurch/Jones situation.  Everyone wanted Upchurch, but I like how that one ended up.  It seems you never can tell in this recruiting thing.

hardcorehogfan

where is upchurch now, is he still at bama? 

coach, my back hurts

I havent seen a video of Curtis.  I doubt it could be as impressive as McGuffies though.  That kid is a stud. 

Is Guff one the best RB's in the nation?  How does Curtis rank?

Waldron_Hog

Yeah, I believe so.  A knee injury messed up his freshman year, so he redshirted.  After that, I don't know.  He didn't play much, if at all, last year.

jbhicks

Here is another article from Rivals about McGuffie's trip to Michigan.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=687940

ListenHereMister

I hope Mallett tells him what it is really like at Michigan

351hog

curtis...i have to stay with an in-state guy.

Tomhog™

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on July 01, 2007, 03:13:48 pm
I havent seen a video of Curtis.  I doubt it could be as impressive as McGuffies though.  That kid is a stud. 

Is Guff one the best RB's in the nation?  How does Curtis rank?

Sam McGufffie is rated the #1 dual-purpose back in the nation.  DeAnthony Curtis is #2. 

VenturaHog

Curtis on tape seems fast but it takes him a while to pick up momentum. He reads the blocks very well and seems very solid. Mcguffie is definitely a step faster from what I can see, hes full speed in two steps too. Both would be a great get but Mcguffie is definitely the flashier choice.

351hog

The newest scout article on him has him committing sometime next week.  He must be committing to Michigan since he just got back from his visit there.  Oh well....life goes on. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 351hog on July 03, 2007, 03:19:24 pm
The newest scout article on him has him committing sometime next week.  He must be committing to Michigan since he just got back from his visit there.  Oh well....life goes on. 

This is so erie...... Didn't we hear the same about Patick Beverley after his Michigan visit (McGuffie will attend Sr's Camp in Fayetteville July 21st)  ...well you know the rest.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

NMHOGG

He is hooked in by family to Blue.  He has been on campus and we didn't get a bump in his list.  He's a great looking athlete, (high jump picture) but I don't think he will be a hog.

Sorry to say.

Hawgballz

Quote from: NMHOGG on July 03, 2007, 04:39:05 pm
He is hooked in by family to Blue.  He has been on campus and we didn't get a bump in his list.  He's a great looking athlete, (high jump picture) but I don't think he will be a hog.

Sorry to say.

He hasn't been on the U of A campus yet.  If he holds off until the Arkansas seniors only camp, then we will have a shot with our facilities and DMac giving him a tour of the campus.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!