Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood QB Tyler Wilson gets another offer

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 29, 2007, 05:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 29, 2007, 05:59:57 pm Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:01:47 pm by Richard Davenport
Oregon offered Tyler earlier this week.

jbhicks

Obviously this guy is going to go somewhere good, but I am not that worried about losing him. He wouldn't have fit our offense. I am proud of our 2 committments at QB.

blueshog2001

I still say that Hawaii offer is something to think about. At least take a visit.Aloha!!

thahawg

Quote from: blueshog2001 on June 29, 2007, 06:41:30 pm
I still say that Hawaii offer is something to think about. At least take a visit.Aloha!!

I think you have to commit to Hawaii to visit there.

blueshog2001

Well a commit is not a binding contract.  Commit take the visit and then tell them you changed your mind afterwards.  Isn't that half the fun of being recruited, the trips?

toshortrock

there we go again,somebody once again said,we don't really need him,please,we do need him,,i guess over the last 10 years we have really really stomped the xxxx out of everybody
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hawgballz

Quote from: toshortrock on June 29, 2007, 10:12:33 pm
there we go again,somebody once again said,we don't really need him,please,we do need him,,i guess over the last 10 years we have really really stomped the xxxx out of everybody

How many QBs should we be recruiting in this class?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

arklahoman36

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 30, 2007, 12:02:40 am

I don't see the sense in stacking up three true freshmen in one class, unless one of them is sure to play another position and just be available in case of injuries to play QB.

I don't see Casey Dick lighting it up and turning pro after his JR year, so in 2008 ARK could have Dick, Chaisson, Nathan Dick, Youngblood and Pick on campus.

jackflash

Have alot of QB on campus, if Casey is not solid with are RB this year, what about next year? Does any of these QB stand out, so as far as offering another, better make sure you have one

hawgwash

Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 30, 2007, 01:40:39 am
Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 30, 2007, 12:02:40 am

I don't see the sense in stacking up three true freshmen in one class, unless one of them is sure to play another position and just be available in case of injuries to play QB.

I don't see Casey Dick lighting it up and turning pro after his JR year, so in 2008 ARK could have Dick, Chaisson, Nathan Dick, Youngblood and Pick on campus.

Not to mention Emert and the walk on from California.

1longshot

if casey doesn't light it up this year he won't be in the picture next fall.

Tomhog™

Arkansas is done with QBs for this year.  They have two committed along with another walkon coming.  Plus two redshirt freshmen.  That'll be 7 QBs on campus, 6 on schollies... 

whocares

Rumor and I post rumor but I believe it to be true. Tyler tried to commit to LSU and they asked him to hold off. From everything I hear he will no longer be looking at LSU.

Hawgballz

Quote from: whocares on July 01, 2007, 12:47:27 pm
Rumor and I post rumor but I believe it to be true. Tyler tried to commit to LSU and they asked him to hold off. From everything I hear he will no longer be looking at LSU.

I believe he will be headed to Alabama unless Saban backs off on his recruitment.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tammany Tom

It is true and is not a rumor. Wilson called Les Miles two weeks ago to commit and Miles told him that he would not accept his commitment. LSU has 2 other QB's higher on their list that they are going after and have told Wilson that he would have to wait.

For those people who don't follow recruiting real closely and don't understand why LSU would not accept his commitment after offering, there are different types of offers. There are commitable offers and there are conditional offers. Obviously, Tyler Wilson had a conditional offer from LSU, which does surprise some of us that thought he had a commitable offer.

ListenHereMister

Hey Tammany, after EJ Manuel committed to FSU, will LSU accept Wilson's commit now?

Tammany Tom

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 02, 2007, 08:58:21 am
Hey Tammany, after EJ Manuel committed to FSU, will LSU accept Wilson's commit now?

I don't think anyone affiliated with LSU ever thought Manuel was going to LSU. From everything I've read Manuel was a virtual lock for Florida State from the beginning. Right now LSU has 2 other QB's higher on their board than Wilson and they are DC Jefferson and Derron Thomas. Why, I can't tell you. I don't know enough about any of them. I think since Miles did not accept Wilson's commitment that LSU is now completely out of the running with Wilson and he will focus his attention elsewhere.

TheHogFan

Is anyone bashing Miles for this shaddy recruiting tactic? I know Nutt wouldn't last a second on here if he was foound doing this. Of course a lot of folks here have no clue about recruiting either.

TheHogFan

LJHOG

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 29, 2007, 05:59:57 pm
Oregon offered Tyler earlier this week.
He should take the offer.  He will do really well there.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: TheHogFan on July 03, 2007, 08:47:47 am
Is anyone bashing Miles for this shaddy recruiting tactic? I know Nutt wouldn't last a second on here if he was foound doing this. Of course a lot of folks here have no clue about recruiting either.

The razorbacks and just about every other school in the country does this as well. Arkansas does not do it this early in the game or with in state players.  Arkansas made a terrible mistake and did it to James Thomas last year, but it was late in the recruiting game.  It is Bush league to do it this early.

Zen_Hog

DC Jefferson looks like Jamarcus Russel's twin, but he's not that very accurate. And yes, I've seen him in person, at camps and combines.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 01, 2007, 05:27:46 pm

It is true and is not a rumor. Wilson called Les Miles two weeks ago to commit and Miles told him that he would not accept his commitment. LSU has 2 other QB's higher on their list that they are going after and have told Wilson that he would have to wait.

For those people who don't follow recruiting real closely and don't understand why LSU would not accept his commitment after offering, there are different types of offers. There are commitable offers and there are conditional offers. Obviously, Tyler Wilson had a conditional offer from LSU, which does surprise some of us that thought he had a commitable offer.

Thanks for the perspective.  I thought it was a bonafide offer as well...

Tammany Tom

Quote from: TheHogFan on July 03, 2007, 08:47:47 am

What is there to bash him about? Every single college coach in America gives out different types of offers. There are many different types of conditions that lead coaches to offer conditional scholarships. 1. A recruit may be a super player but may not have the core grades and a coach offers him based on him passing certain classes. 2. A coach may need to evaluate the player more and offers him based on him coming to camp and passing the coaching staffs evaluations. 3. The coaching staff may have 2 or 3 kids that they rate higher and tell a recruit that he is offered a scholarship depending on what other players do.

Turn this around and the recruits are doing the exact same thing, especially the high profile ones. They tell coaching staffs that they are interested in committing based on 1. Their visit to campus 2. They wait on other schools to offer and keep the school at bay. 3. What other commitments the school receives from players in the same position  4. And the prima donnas that want to wait until the last second and go on television and announce on signing day. This a lot of time keeps the coaching staff from getting another key recruit that really wanted to go to the school, but the school held out on trying to get the higher profile player. 5. Players that commit and change their commitment at the last second going to another school.