Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good luck against TCU...and what's happening with the offense?

Started by FarmersFightATM, September 06, 2016, 07:54:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmersFightATM

Congrats on the win Saturday!  A win is a win!  And good luck against TCU!

That being said, I was shocked to see that y'all had only rushed for a little over 100 yards against LaTech.  I was expecting to see that number tripled on the stat line.

I couldn't see the game anywhere on TV, so I was wondering what was happening with the offense?  O-Line not coming together yet?  Is LaTech really that good on defense?  Or possibly y'all have an O-Coordinator who out-thinks himself at times (kinda like ours did in the 4th quarter against UCLA)?

Good luck Saturday and (literally) Gig 'Em!

SDZ_Hog

two dropped passes and two interceptions were defiantly drive killers.  We were moving the ball on a drive that had a lot of potential to score a TD and go up 21-7 but threw an INT.  LaTech's O scored a TD off that turnover.  It was a 14 point swing.   

Sow’sEar

Thanks!  Good win against UCLA.

We are working through some issues right now, hopefully by the time we play you guys in Jerry World we will have them all worked out. 

thebignasty

hawg IQ

Quote from: FarmersFightATM on September 06, 2016, 07:54:42 am
Congrats on the win Saturday!  A win is a win!  And good luck against TCU!

That being said, I was shocked to see that y'all had only rushed for a little over 100 yards against LaTech.  I was expecting to see that number tripled on the stat line.

I couldn't see the game anywhere on TV, so I was wondering what was happening with the offense?  O-Line not coming together yet?  Is LaTech really that good on defense?  Or possibly y'all have an O-Coordinator who out-thinks himself at times (kinda like ours did in the 4th quarter against UCLA)?

Good luck Saturday and (literally) Gig 'Em!
Bad offensive line play, bad secondary play( not surprised here ) La Tech better than advertised.
go hogs go !

Bacon_Bitz

Go back to TexAgs and enjoy your early season hype before your QB falls apart or leaves.

FarmersFightATM

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 06, 2016, 08:24:48 am
Go back to TexAgs and enjoy your early season hype before your QB falls apart or leaves.

He can't leave...he's a senior...

Russ22

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 06, 2016, 08:24:48 am
You guys sure know how to let visitors feel welcome.

I am sure Lanny and company appreciate you running people off and limiting the ad impressions and revenue that they get after providing a free bb service.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on September 06, 2016, 08:07:20 am
two dropped passes and two interceptions were defiantly drive killers.  We were moving the ball on a drive that had a lot of potential to score a TD and go up 21-7 but threw an INT.  LaTech's O scored a TD off that turnover.  It was a 14 point swing.
This, their 2 TDs came off of turnovers.  When we got a INT, we turned around and gave it right back to them.  I was thinking the exact same thing...lets get to halftime with a 21-7 lead and then control the clock in the 2nd half.  It didn't happen, went in tied at 14 and never really felt comfortable the 2nd half.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas did not run for a lot of yards because it barely used more than one back, and he didn't get 100 yards despite 24 carries. Gave up four sacks too. Running backs averaged slightly less than 4 yards per carry, too many lost-yardage plays, no big gains. LaTech's defense had eight new starters, but the safety was good, and the linebackers were grad transfers from Texas and Iowa State.
[CENSORED]!

rljjr

Hey Farmer, thanks for dropping by. The LaTech front was pretty good agains the run, and the box was stacked with 8 early. We went to the pass quite a bit early on and never seemed to get a running game established. The pick in the first quarter killed what was looking like a decent drive prior to that. They drove down to score and we answered with a nice drive and I thought we were taking control up 14-7 and just intercepting LaTech. Had the ball in the red zone and then got backed up through penalties and a sack I think before throwing a terrible interception. Had we gone on to go up 21-7 or even 17-7 I think it's the beginning of a runaway and our rushing stats would have been better. It didn't happen but we pulled it out so I'm thankful for that.
As for TCU ... we'll see how it goes. Cautiously optimistic characterizes my thoughts.
See you in a couple of weeks! WPS!!!

cpohog

Here is the short answer:

1) New QB-  Replacing a 3 yr starter
2) Replacing 3000+ yd RB the past 3 yrs in Collins and Jonathan Williams was a 2 year starter and 1000 yd rusher in 2014
3) Replacing 3 OL (one was a 3 yr starter, the others were 2 yr starters)
4) Replacing All American TE - 3 year starter

I would guess that the above accounted for 60-70% of our offensive production the past 2-3 years

It will take time to develop the continuity that the above developed over the course of 3 years.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou