Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett All American Highlights

Started by Wildhog, October 28, 2008, 01:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Hogbody on October 30, 2008, 10:00:27 pm
there's nothing wrong with the way he talks..its just a dialect pretty much
That was my point.  I think the kid has some personality.  Kind of a gunslinger type.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

boulderhog

He's actually from the Arkansas side, but he went to school on the Texas side b/c his dad was a coach there.

Hogbody

He has more confidence than anyone in the world.  I think that will be the first huge step up from casey.

QuoteRyan Is ready for his boys to act bad. If u know me. Believe we r guna win the natty real soon.

Does talk different, but who cares!  Just win baby!

ThaMaash

he looked good. I would have liked to see the incompletions though because sometimes you can tell more from those than anything else.  Either way, I think we can all agree he looked better than Mitchell did when he played.  I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin'....

Long time listener first time poster. I'll hang out and listen

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hogbody on October 30, 2008, 10:00:27 pm
there's nothing wrong with the way he talks..its just a dialect pretty much
A dialect? I did not know that Texarkana, Texas area has a ghetto-accented dialect. Interesting.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogbody

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 31, 2008, 09:32:11 am
A dialect? I did not know that Texarkana, Texas area has a ghetto-accented dialect. Interesting.

I said it's like a dialect.  You could also call it African American Vernacular English, or ebonics.

But...it doesnt mean he isnt smart.  I personally don't know if he's smart, or if most football players are smart.  He speaks similar to Dmac, and I think he turned out as an alright football player.

And maybe you should spend some more time around Texarkana ;)

want2be

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 29, 2008, 08:49:46 am
Not to be Debbie Downer, but we all should hope that Mallett stays out of trouble for the next 2 or 3 years. He's not exactly the model student-athlete from what I've heard and/or observed. Not saying he's breeding pit bulls for fighting purposes but he appears to not have the best sense given the guys he was hanging out with...like Fairchild for instance.

One more thing...announcer says he had a 3.8 GPA. If you've seen him and listened to him speak, you know that 3.8 is a Texarkana Tx 3.8 or it's on a 7.0 scale.

Hey Debbie Downer.....what have you observed that makes
you think Mallett is comparable to Fairchild with respect to
his off field lifestyle ?

I have heard that the coaches are impressed with his team
interactions and leadership qualities. Would they be expressing these kudo's to a possible trouble maker ? I
doubt it. Mallett has to know he has an excellent chance of
playing at the next level and after seeing how Fairchild and
Matt Jones nearly self destructed, I would think that he knows
what he needs to do to be a repectable student athlete.

Oh, and I have seen him in person also and he weighs at least 230 lbs.

Hogbody

Quote from: want2be on October 31, 2008, 10:25:50 am

Hey Debbie Downer.....what have you observed that makes
you think Mallett is comparable to Fairchild with respect to
his off field lifestyle ?

I have heard that the coaches are impressed with his team
interactions and leadership qualities. Would they be expressing these kudo's to a possible trouble maker ? I
doubt it. Mallett has to know he has an excellent chance of
playing at the next level and after seeing how Fairchild and
Matt Jones nearly self destructed, I would think that he knows
what he needs to do to be a repectable student athlete.

Oh, and I have seen him in person also and he weighs at least 230 lbs.

You would think that any athlete would not do things to get themselves in trouble, but do we still hear about it all the time?   You bet.

Just saying.  I hope he ends up as our best QB ever though.

DenverHogFan

That was fun to watch, thanks.  Is he knocking receivers off their feet?  Didn't seem like any of them ran much after the catch.

Beaverfever

I thought there was a player bashing rule?  Guess that only applies to non-mods.

want2be

Quote from: Hogbody on October 31, 2008, 10:28:28 am
You would think that any athlete would not do things to get themselves in trouble, but do we still hear about it all the time?   You bet.

Just saying.  I hope he ends up as our best QB ever though.

Yea, we hear about it AFTER......let's not put a player in that
category based on an opinion without any proof. Like I said
the coaches are impressed with his personality.

Hogbody

October 31, 2008, 10:49:29 am #61 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:52:57 am by Hogbody
Quote from: want2be on October 31, 2008, 10:48:00 am

Yea, we hear about it AFTER......let's not put a player in that
category based on an opinion without any proof. Like I said
the coaches are impressed with his personality.

I'm just sayin i've seen him in places he probably shouldnt be at

I'm not trying to down on him at all though.

want2be

Quote from: Hogbody on October 31, 2008, 10:49:29 am
I'm just sayin i've seen him in places he probably shouldnt be at

I'm not trying to down on him at all though.

Where have you seen him and why do you think he should not
be there ? It's not like he is hiding in a parking lot with nose
candy !

HawgFan26

Quote from: SC Hogfan on October 29, 2008, 10:40:18 am
Can't produce on the field if you don't produce in the classroom.
DMAC never went to class, and he did pretty well on the field.

Razor-back

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 31, 2008, 10:43:12 am
I thought there was a player bashing rule?  Guess that only applies to non-mods.

Thats funny right there! 

Hogbody

Quote from: want2be on October 31, 2008, 10:57:43 am

Where have you seen him and why do you think he should not
be there ? It's not like he is hiding in a parking lot with nose
candy !

Lol no nothing like that.

That was so silly

MS_HogFan

Thanks for the video. He looks like a hell of a QB. I'm excited about next year.
GO HOGS
SOOIE

AckaBacka

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 30, 2008, 09:49:41 pm
His home state is Texas.  Just say'n.....
I thought he lived on the Ark side but the HS was on the TX side.  Anyways, I can't wait to see this guy play for the Hogs in Petrinos offense.  WRs will be beating the door down to get here.

IronHog

He's not exactly the model student-athlete from what I've heard and/or observed.

If you've seen him and listened to him speak, you know that 3.8 is a Texarkana Tx 3.8 or it's on a 7.0 scale.

1.  You're old.  Most guys in college are a little rough. 

2.  The way someone talks is not correlated with GPA.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Wildhog

This thread has taken a turn for the worse.  We have no reason to believe he's going to be trouble.

Bottom line:  Ryan Mallett is a bada$$.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

housecat

you have to be dead not to get excited about or future )

hunterhog11

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I just observed a Global Moderator BASHING a current player.
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

mpeacock

Hog in memphis,

You a psychologist? Administer lots of IQ tests to people to be able to judge their overall intellectual ability? Maybe racist in that kids that speak with a "ghetto" dialect are all dumb?  OR on the school board in Texarkana to so assertively state that the school district and the GPA there is inflated compared to other districts in the U.S. You should probably think about things you say before they leave your mouth (or keyboard) and avoid commenting on things you have no idea about but simply provide an unsubstantiated opinion about...and I don't care if you are a mod or not. As a believer in free speech, I think such opinions should be allowed on the board but also deserves to be socially pressured back to where it belongs - inside your ignorantly opinionated mind. What is the point of even typing what you typed? BTW, anyone that starts a sentence by saying "not to be a..." or "to tell the truth" always makes me laugh because you absloutely sought to be a "rainer on parades" with this post. The BS disclaimer fools no one. You and your pal Hogbody must have a strong desire to be able to say "I told you so" about anything that you can in order to feel bright yourselves to have started this line of the thread. C'mon, admit it, you kind of hope he is dumb and does crash and burn so that you can feel like you were right about something in your life.

mpeacock

Oh yeah,

Just went back and listened to Mallett speak on the video again (all 2 sentences of his speech). I've concluded that HogInMemphis and Hogbody are just racists. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in those 2 sentences (which I want to emphasize again as the "sample" of his speech that was used to infer low intelligence!) that would allow any reasonble person to make any inferences about the youung man's intellectual aptitutde. Keep posting about it you 2, show us how racist you really are to think that his phrasing and vocalizations mean he must be of low intelligence. I guess all "people" that speak like that are dumb, too, huh?

flynhog

i kind of liked the fact he threw a 2 point pass with his right knee on the ground.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

hunterhog11

"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Big Daddy

Watching that makes me sick about this year but very excited about next year.

Big Daddy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 29, 2008, 08:53:49 am
Did you hear the color guy on that clip say, when Mallet was going into the game, that Mallet is almost 260 lbs? Wow. Talk about getting a bit overly excited about a player. Look at him in that clip...I don't care if the kid is 7 feet tall, no way he's anywhere near 260. More like 210. I saw Mallet this fall at the Alabama game...he walked by our tailgate and stopped to say something to one of the students at the tailgate. He was within 3 feet of me. At that time, he weighed no more than 210 to 220 and not an ounce over that. I think 220 is generous. Not that it matters, but don't know why everyone wants to say something higher for his weight. It's not like he's necessarily an inferior QB if he doesn't weight at least 230 or 240. The poundage is just not there on this kid. Look at his arms in the clip posted. No way he's "almost 260" there. Too funny.

I'm 217 and only 5'11" and I'm not fat. If he's 6'7" he's every bit of 260

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: IronHog on October 31, 2008, 12:48:13 pm
1.  You're old.  Most guys in college are a little rough. 

2.  The way someone talks is not correlated with GPA.

1. True.

2. Yes it is.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogbody

Quote from: Big Daddy on October 31, 2008, 03:17:53 pm
I'm 217 and only 5'11" and I'm not fat. If he's 6'7" he's every bit of 260

But according to this you are ;)

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Hogbody

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 31, 2008, 04:32:29 pm
1. True.

2. Yes it is.

I try to talk like that sometimes, but I have a pretty good G.P.A.   Maybe he chooses to talk like that.

docryde3

people talk like the people they hangout or are around with doesnt mean you are dumb..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V05pWnzQAB4&feature=related

on this link he throws some bombs in highschool he's got a cannon for sure, can't wait for next season when we finally have a real qb
Woo Pig Sooie

Big Daddy

Hogbody

Quote from: Big Daddy on October 31, 2008, 06:43:34 pm
I like to refer to myself as Husky.

Lol.  Well it says i'm overweight on there, and i'm 6'0" 195...so...lol

hawgsav1

Quote from: RanSolo on October 29, 2008, 08:48:30 am
I could be wrong, but he didn't seem to give RichRod a chance, I think he wanted to be a hog all along, but with Mitch coming here and Nutt here running the ball, he decided for elsewhere, then everything changed...

I'm not being a homer, but RRod didn't handle the switch from WVU to UM well at all.  Mallett wasn't the only only one who jumped ship.  Nearly all the draft eligible underclassmen chose to jump (Mario Manningham, etc.) ship, and one of the senior offensive linemen came out and said "Michigan football isn't a family anymore."  I don't think all is well at Michigan. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jmingram911

I can't wait to have a qb that can actually see the field and look at more than one receiver on the field. If he can get ANY blocking next year, watch out!!

Welch96

Oh about 3 years ago, we lost 4-5 games by less than 6 points.  The following year, we won 10.  I'm not saying it will happen again, but jump on now.  Arkansas will compete next year in the West.  We will earn SEC's respect as well as every other nasayer next year.  Everyone wants to know why the SEC is the best conference....... They will soon find out!!!!! 

Thanks Mallet for coming home!  We will show you our appreciation!  WPS

Doggtown31LCC

November 01, 2008, 03:42:01 am #88 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:50:06 am by Doggtown31LCC
it looks like he can make any throw on the field
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Doggtown31LCC

Not to be Debbie Downer, but we all should hope that Mallett stays out of trouble for the next 2 or 3 years. He's not exactly the model student-athlete from what I've heard and/or observed. Not saying he's breeding pit bulls for fighting purposes but he appears to not have the best sense given the guys he was hanging out with...like Fairchild for instance.

One more thing...announcer says he had a 3.8 GPA. If you've seen him and listened to him speak, you know that 3.8 is a Texarkana Tx 3.8 or it's on a 7.0 scale.

well i'm from this area and i didn't go to Texas High but it's one of the best schools in the area and i'm sure it's on par with other schools in Texas
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Abominable Hillbilly

If we go by the Army all star game, he is much better than Mustain.  MM completed 1 out of 12 in the game.  Hurry up next year.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hogbody on October 31, 2008, 04:42:42 pm
I try to talk like that sometimes, but I have a pretty good G.P.A.   Maybe he chooses to talk like that.
Anyone who would consciously choose to speak that way is even more unintelligent than those who speak that way naturally.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Doggtown31LCC on November 01, 2008, 03:48:32 am

well i'm from this area and i didn't go to Texas High but it's one of the best schools in the area and i'm sure it's on par with other schools in Texas
I'm sure Texas High would be one of the best schools in Baghdad too but that doesn't mean it's a good academic institution. It's a public school. Not many of those are top-notch academically.

Hogbody

Can all or most of this thread be moved to file 13?

It's getting ridiculous.