Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarming, yet par for the course

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 15, 2017, 11:13:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Every day since Saturday there has been at least 1 article in the Democrat-Gazette about Bielema and the coaching staff reviewing game film from TCU contest more times than ever and with a renewed vigor and attention. The articles further discuss the questions (same questions Bielema said they would find answers to in Spring practice and in Fall "camp") that they are asking and going to find answers for.

The coaches think we are all idiots and will swallow hook, line, and sinker whatever bs they hand out. You know what? They are right. 99% of us will read these articles in a non-critical way with a predisposition to agreeing with the coaches. We think they will get these darn answers and after having had 9 months since the bowl game to figure it out, they will by God get it figured out in 2 weeks and wreck the Aggies a week from Saturday in Dallas. YEAH! HELLZ YEAH! LET'S GO! WOO PIG SOOIE!  PUT ME IN! I AM FIRED UP NOW! WE WILL WIN OUT!

Meanwhile, back in reality, these coaches do not have the answers. They have never had the answers. Bielema has a long list of games in 4 years that had inexplicable outcomes.  They are all making well into 6 figures, if not 7, and will say and do anything to buy more time and chances and keep their jobs.

They likely will not be improved or play any harder come the A&M game than they did in the TCU game. They had all of August to improve as well as the first game of the year and the following 9 days before the TCU game. Reality is, Bielema is a lower tier head coach and the program will get predictable results. Just as it has for past 4 years.

The Hogs will have multiple 3 and outs vs A&M just like it had vs TCU. The Hogs' D will be on the field too long and by the 4th Q, will one worn out. A&M will score 2 or 3 TD's in the 4th Q and will win going away. I'll predict something along the lines of A&M 34 and Hogs 14.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hobhog

So what do you want them to say? Maybe repeat your spew to the fans and his players?

Speaking of Par for the course- your post is the definition........

IronHog

I'd be alarmed if they wrote an article saying the coaches had given up....please pay no attention.  That is standard sports speak

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2017, 11:13:04 am
Every day since Saturday there has been at least 1 article in the Democrat-Gazette about Bielema and the coaching staff reviewing game film from TCU contest more times than ever and with a renewed vigor and attention. The articles further discuss the questions (same questions Bielema said they would find answers to in Spring practice and in Fall "camp") that they are asking and going to find answers for.

The coaches think we are all idiots and will swallow hook, line, and sinker whatever bs they hand out. You know what? They are right. 99% of us will read these articles in a non-critical way with a predisposition to agreeing with the coaches. We think they will get these darn answers and after having had 9 months since the bowl game to figure it out, they will by God get it figured out in 2 weeks and wreck the Aggies a week from Saturday in Dallas. YEAH! HELLZ YEAH! LET'S GO! WOO PIG SOOIE!  PUT ME IN! I AM FIRED UP NOW! WE WILL WIN OUT!

Meanwhile, back in reality, these coaches do not have the answers. They have never had the answers. Bielema has a long list of games in 4 years that had inexplicable outcomes.  They are all making well into 6 figures, if not 7, and will say and do anything to buy more time and chances and keep their jobs.

They likely will not be improved or play any harder come the A&M game than they did in the TCU game. They had all of August to improve as well as the first game of the year and the following 9 days before the TCU game. Reality is, Bielema is a lower tier head coach and the program will get predictable results. Just as it has for past 4 years.

The Hogs will have multiple 3 and outs vs A&M just like it had vs TCU. The Hogs' D will be on the field too long and by the 4th Q, will one worn out. A&M will score 2 or 3 TD's in the 4th Q and will win going away. I'll predict something along the lines of A&M 34 and Hogs 14.

They're (Hogs) not going to lose to A & M.  A & M will actually finish below Ole Miss this season.

BTW, is anyone else under the impression that the SEC West is really waning now?

IronHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 15, 2017, 11:22:08 am
They're (Hogs) not going to lose to A & M.  A & M will actually finish below Ole Miss this season.

BTW, is anyone else under the impression that the SEC West is really waning now?

SEC west peaked in 2011.

In slow decline now

phadedhawg

Writers gotta write something and coaches gotta say something...

I don't over analyze the media during the season.  It's just the same 10 articles cycled thru with the names and dates changed.  The one issue I do have with Arkansas media is they tend drink the kool aid in the preseason.  All the issues from last year's team is always fixed, heck it's the best part of the team now. 

Corkscrew Johnson

There is the myth of Bielema's "ball control" offense of the past few years.  Yes we dominated time of possession, but it was not because we controlled the play.  I consider a ball control offense like what we witnessed in the 3rd quarter of the TCU game (by TCU):  methodical movement of the ball down the field, and an unstoppable ability to convert on 3rd and short (or mid).  That will wear out a defense, and demoralize them.   What I saw the past few years is us just sitting on the play clock.   I haven't felt comfortable or dominant in 3rd and short in a long, long time. 

PorkRinds

Isn't this guy the one that said he was betting against the hogs and for bobby petrino in the 2015 season? Can't imagine why he's back to posting now...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hobhog on September 15, 2017, 11:18:16 am
So what do you want them to say? Maybe repeat your spew to the fans and his players?

Speaking of Par for the course- your post is the definition........
I am a par player. The coaching staff is collective double bogey player. What I describe is reality. What they describe is basically fantasy.

If this were all fun and games, no one would care. I certainty would not. But it is a multi-million dollar business. The U of A is asking exorbitant prices from fans to be able to buy tickets. The U of A makes tens of millions every season from football. The coaching staff payroll is about $8-$9 million per year. Yet, the fanbase is supposed to be positive in the face of what is now a half-decade of absolute mediocrity. The fanbase is supposed to be quiet and supportive of the program, the players and the coaches and let these coaches do their job and make their millions and give the team a 10-22 SEC record over the past 4 years.

Ok.

I will turn over a new leaf.  I will  start us every week in an internet circle singing Kumbaya, My Lord and follow it up with singing of the U of A Alma Mater song and finish it off with the fight song.

Let us all be positive for the kids. The kids are our future, even if they do not get a college degree out of this. Let us give positive vibes to the coaching staff and all of the employees of the athletic dept and the university administration. And let us pray that the new executive suites, boxes and seats sell out. Further, I sure hope the U of A can continue raising ticket prices by an average of 6% a year like they have for the past 21 years. After all, that is how the program competes in the SEC and wins SEC championships.

I am calling the U of A after I type this and buy tickets to the remaining home games and will try to attend all of them and be a cheering and supportive fan. I am an Arkansan, I am an U of A alumnus, and I am a Razorback fan. Period.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 11:35:38 am
Isn't this guy the one that said he was betting against the hogs and for bobby petrino in the 2015 season? Can't imagine why he's back to posting now...

Bobby is up there with Les Miles on must see football coaches.......

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 15, 2017, 11:43:01 am
These coaches are the worst I've seen at making in game adjustments. Costs us more games than imaginable. I will say, though, that they're better at game-to-game adjustments, especially after byes. Or at least have had a history of it here. But if A&M comes out hot and plays their best game of the year against us like they always do, then what are the guys gonna do in order to change something up during the game? I don't have faith they will, and don't have faith that these players are mentally strong enough to handle pressure.
Come on. You are just following what they did vs TCU. Look how well they played vs Fla A&M. This season is far from over. SEC season has not begun. When players' and coaches' backs are up against the wall (redneck mother), they become bold and tough. That is the Hog team that will play next Saturday. I look forward to a beat down by the Hogs. This should be a double-digit win for the Hogs. A&M has struggled on both defense and offense in their two games thus far.

The OTR

I recommended that the coaches look past Florida A & M and start focusing on TCU the week before the A & M game.  I was scolded by everyone who explained to me that you never look past the upcoming game.

I was right and maybe I should have recommended to look past FAMU and TCU and start focusing on A  & M.  Hoginmemphis may be right as well with his prediction.  It would shock me if we come out and play well down there considering that we never have and I'd say we're worse this year than in any year since CBB's first year.

EastexHawg

I have no idea if they will play harder, play smarter, or beat the Aggies.  I do agree that the part about (basically) "we're going to figure it all out now" is infuriating.  It's not like all these players and coaches showed up and met each other an hour before kickoff against TCU.  Why do we always have to figure out how to close the barn door after the cow is gone?

And...it's not just TCU and it's not just this year.  The last few years of Arkansas football have been opportunities lost that can never be regained.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hobhog on September 15, 2017, 11:18:16 am
So what do you want them to say?

I'm sorry for my poor performance.  Y'all are paying me too much for the poor job that I'm doing.  I'll get it corrected or I will resign at the end of the year and you won't owe me a dime.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogcard1964

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2017, 11:47:42 am
I have no idea if they will play harder, play smarter, or beat the Aggies.  I do agree that the part about (basically) "we're going to figure it all out now" is infuriating.  It's not like all these players and coaches showed up and met each other an hour before kickoff against TCU.  Why do we always have to figure out how to close the barn door after the cow is gone?

And...it's not just TCU and it's not just this year.  The last few years of Arkansas football have been opportunities lost that can never be regained.

+1000

Well said.  It's wasted opportunities like Toledo, Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri, Rutgers, Miss St... that end up being the difference between The Belk, Liberty or Texas Bowls and other bowls such as The Citrus (now the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl), Outback, Gator and Music City bowls.

IronHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2017, 11:45:39 am
Come on. You are just following what they did vs TCU. Look how well they played vs Fla A&M. This season is far from over. SEC season has not begun. When players' and coaches' backs are up against the wall (redneck mother), they become bold and tough. That is the Hog team that will play next Saturday. I look forward to a beat down by the Hogs. This should be a double-digit win for the Hogs. A&M has struggled on both defense and offense in their two games thus far.

Now you are going all Sun Tzu on us......

Dark Helmet Hog

It's obvious that no one understands the real problem here. Last year at halftime in the Missouri game, someone took Jobu's rum. Now it's bad. Very bad. And we were warned.

twistitup

CBB takes the fans for fools - he says EXACTLY what people want to hear....a bunch of coach speak bs - if he knew HOW to figure it out, it would have been done by now. He says patience is the key and I would say that too if I was failing and making 4mil yearly...patience people, patience.

Not being able to retain a quality staff speaks VOLUMES.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 15, 2017, 12:05:44 pm
CBB takes the fans for fools - he says EXACTLY what people want to hear....a bunch of coach speak bs - if he knew HOW to figure it out, it would have been done by now. He says patience is the key and I would say that too if I was failing and making 4mil yearly...patience people, patience.

A lot of the fans are indeed fools.

Kevin

Not just the fans but our ad
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hobhog

So what would you say coach?

twistitup

Quote from: hobhog on September 15, 2017, 12:38:11 pm

If I was him I wouldn't say much...and I would save that energy for Sat. when he looks tired and lost.

He is great at interviews, but in a game situation where is all that bravado, energy, confidence, etc...? It's not there - he's a a blowhard that is in over his head.

He's got a great gig - 4 mil a year to be a *** politician and not put a good product on the field.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

stronguard

HiM is dead on.  Im tired of hearing the exact same mantra every week.  If Coach B can't inspire a team in WEEK 2 then he'll have real issure in Week 10 when everyone is banged up and the bowl chances look slim.  Ive never seen a team quit in 3 straight real games, I dont count FAMU.  When a coach loses a team, he rarely gets it back.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hawgon

The team has quit on him.  He won't get it back.

jgphillips3

I don't want to hear we are studying film.  I want to hear "in the offseason we decided we were going to try to do things "X" way with "Y" players.  Obviously, that's not going to work so instead we are going to spend the rest of the season doing and developing "Z"."  In other words, admit your failures and say you will do something...anything...different from what seems to be the exact same crap that has cost us game after game the last 3 years.

hehawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2017, 11:45:39 am

Rose colored glasses
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

onebadrubi

HiM brings out the idiots, he just likes being the head one

hawgon

Danimal

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 15, 2017, 12:05:16 pm
It's obvious that no one understands the real problem here. Last year at halftime in the Missouri game, someone took Jobu's rum. Now it's bad. Very bad. And we were warned.
LOL. I see what ya did there.  +1

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on September 15, 2017, 11:33:20 am
There is the myth of Bielema's "ball control" offense of the past few years.  Yes we dominated time of possession, but it was not because we controlled the play.  I consider a ball control offense like what we witnessed in the 3rd quarter of the TCU game (by TCU):  methodical movement of the ball down the field, and an unstoppable ability to convert on 3rd and short (or mid).  That will wear out a defense, and demoralize them.   What I saw the past few years is us just sitting on the play clock.   I haven't felt comfortable or dominant in 3rd and short in a long, long time. 

Too many third downs, not enough gained on first downs, been that way for a while. Now third down conversions are near impossible, because the passing efficiency has collapsed.
[CENSORED]!

HogsonHicks

Wasted bandwidth.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 15, 2017, 11:48:53 am
You literally started the thread saying A&M would win by 20...  ???
That was the old me. I'm not that person anymore.

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2017, 08:04:01 pm
Too many third downs, not enough gained on first downs, been that way for a while. Now third down conversions are near impossible, because the passing efficiency has collapsed.
Agree but Bielema needs time to get this corrected. I have to believe that in the next 2 or 3 seasons this will be rectified.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2017, 05:23:17 pm
HiM brings out the idiots, he just likes being the head one
What is wrong with you? Do I know you? Have I harmed you in some way? You need to be more optimistic and civil.

WorfHog

John L said it best, "I've got no answers."

Seebs

Wait, wait , wait, It is my understanding we are young. whew. Next year looks promising.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

farmhawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 15, 2017, 11:53:31 am
I'm sorry for my poor performance.  Y'all are paying me too much for the poor job that I'm doing.  I'll get it corrected or I will resign at the end of the year and you won't owe me a dime.
perfect!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogman64

Quote from: hobhog on September 15, 2017, 12:38:11 pm

I would stop talking and I wouldn't get on twitter  and talk about how improved we looked in practice.. no one cares about practice, apparently our kicker hits 95% in practice, who cares  just shut your mouth for once and coach your team  to  finish a damn game like a  team with strength , character and guts.......

hehawg

Quote from: hogman64 on September 15, 2017, 09:00:21 pm
I would stop talking and I wouldn't get on twitter  and talk about how improved we looked in practice.. no one cares about practice, apparently our kicker hits 95% in practice, who cares  just shut your mouth for once and coach your team  to  finish a damn game like a  team with strength , character and guts.......

ding, ding, ding!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

code red

They keep screwing around.....I expect RRS will look like Vandy shortly.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Such a prime example of "PotKettleItis"... You're imagining what they are thinking in your mind, and getting mad about it in reality. Think about it slowly dawg...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2017, 09:29:08 pm
They keep screwing around.....I expect RRS will look like Vandy shortly.

Then go to the game.....

Biggus Piggus

I like the way Bielema has this team exactly one-half young and one-half experienced. That way, we can be young every season, in perpetuity.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogman64 on September 15, 2017, 09:00:21 pm

Literally nothing Bielema could say would be worth listening to at this point. We're way over-bullshat by that guy. Do something, then talk, you friggin' idiot.
[CENSORED]!

hobhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2017, 01:35:06 am
Literally nothing Bielema could say would be worth listening to at this point. We're way over-bullshat by that guy. Do something, then talk, you friggin' idiot.

Again- honest question: required to meet with media daily. What would YOU say?

People are pissed if you talk or not, so say what you are....

presidenthog

Honestly I have a feeling that during the game I'll be thinking "good thing we had a bye week and have bert. I was afraid we would look prepared and competent. Good thing we look confused and inept"

I expect to lose to A&M. We will probably get a head and blow a lead as usual. I actually feel like Bert will get lucky. Then go on to beat SC by luck, auburn's qb will get hurt, gus will take over play calling and white will have one of his 27 yards passing performance and we win barely. Then I could see us beating a LSU team that gives up after going undefeated and losing to bama like 2015. They don't care and just play flat. Then by the time msu comes around we will get hot on offense. Beat them, and then lose to mizzou in typical Bert fashion.

Then some of our dumber fans will be like "I'm back on the Bert train!!! Woo pig!" Then our fat coach will crow about how he is tied 3rd in sec wins the last 3 years or some crap when in reality they were wins that that other team **** the bed against us. Then we will be stuck with the fat guy when people who are done being patient can see that he will never win 9-10 here ever. While some of our fan base keeps on riding the high of beating teams that don't care or play bad that week.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2017, 01:35:06 am
Gosh, calm down. It's not that bad. We are 1-1. Next week is a new week and we have the opportunity to begin 1-0 in SEC play. And a very good chance that we will.

Hoggish1

Man HinM, you need to chill out.  Give it a rest till next Sat. evening then come back with your tail between your legs or guns blazing (we'll all be there with you), but you are going to blow a gasket if you don't relax...