Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bow Season....knockin on d door

Started by toshortrock, September 25, 2015, 11:32:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

is anybody else goin b n d tree n d morning besides me,,,from monroe county i will b,,,go hogs
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hawgwild child

I was this morning, kinda wish I had brought a rifle with me. Seen roughly 30 pigs, never could get a shot with a bow

Whiskey River

I didn't hunt either morning, but I did both evenings. Killed a nice 8pt Saturday evening, and saw a doe and 5pt. Went to same spot this evening and had another decent 8pt, a 5pt, and a spike come in and feed. That particular 8pt wasn't what I was looking for though. All in all it was a good weekend.
This species has amused itself to death...

DeltaBoy

My HS buddy been going all week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

theFlyingHog

I just killed my first deer. Button buck at 10 yards.

theFlyingHog

Just killed my second deer. Had 7 does and young'uns come in and they were eyeballin me like crazy. I had a shot at 25 yards and missed horribly. Jerked it right. Waited a while and went to retrieve my arrow......there's blood on the white fletch. I look to the left where they ran and there's the best blood trail I have ever seen. Looked down the hill and there's my deer laying 50 yards away. Hit it low in the neck and it bled out. Love my G5 Montecs. Huge gaping wounds

woodrow hog call

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 14, 2015, 08:24:24 am
Just killed my second deer. Had 7 does and young'uns come in and they were eyeballin me like crazy. I had a shot at 25 yards and missed horribly. Jerked it right. Waited a while and went to retrieve my arrow......there's blood on the white fletch. I look to the left where they ran and there's the best blood trail I have ever seen. Looked down the hill and there's my deer laying 50 yards away. Hit it low in the neck and it bled out. Love my G5 Montecs. Huge gaping wounds

Nice miss, I wouldn't mind missing like that. Congrats to you, waiting for an opportunity like that now, nothing but squirrels so far. Beautiful morning though.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

theFlyingHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 14, 2015, 08:37:33 am
Nice miss, I wouldn't mind missing like that. Congrats to you, waiting for an opportunity like that now, nothing but squirrels so far. Beautiful morning though.
Thank you. There's tons of squirrels around my stand and I finally popped the one that's always closest. They haven't bothered me much since lol

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 14, 2015, 08:24:24 am
That was a helluva miss.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on November 14, 2015, 01:43:27 pm
That was a helluva miss.
Yes it was. Maybe next time you won't be shaking the whole damn stand. I know it wasn't me shaking like that  ;)

theFlyingHog

So I did not know that button bucks count as bucks.  :puke:  Does only for the rest of the season. darn

grayhawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 16, 2015, 03:05:12 pm
So I did not know that button bucks count as bucks.  :puke:  Does only for the rest of the season. darn
I always thought it was strange that a button buck was legal and a forkhorn was not.

DOGALUM

Quote from: grayhawg on November 16, 2015, 03:46:31 pm
I always thought it was strange that a button buck was legal and a forkhorn was not.
Because you usually can't tell a button buck from a doe from any distance.   Otherwise, they would be off limits too. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 14, 2015, 07:54:33 pm
Yes it was. Maybe next time you won't be shaking the whole damn stand. I know it wasn't me shaking like that  ;)
Liar
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece