Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the Hogs on a good win. this win was about defense

Started by forrest city joe, February 06, 2018, 08:16:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

And that is what it is going to take to put wins together.you got to get stops on defense.still some problems.got to stop making so many stupid passes.got to value the ball more. all in all it was a very good win.this South Carolina team beat both FL and KY.congrats to our players and coaches on a good win.GO HOGS.

hoglady

Yep - good win and one we absolutely had to have.
Need to come out, play hard and beat Vandy on Saturday.
One win at a time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dirty

AlmaHog2011

Good win really enjoyed this game. Lots of positive's in this game. New freshman looked like he needs a lot more minutes. Just win and get rolling it's not to late.

Ironhawg

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2018, 08:18:41 pm
Yep - good win and one we absolutely had to have.
Need to come out, play hard and beat Vandy on Saturday.
One win at a time.
Very true. Vandy can beat any team in the sec on a given day.and the Hogs can lose to anyone if they don't play defense.this team can take nothing for granted.good solid win tonight.congrats to the team.

rude1

Good win. Need to get Gabe more minutes. Kid understands how to play within himself, something other players need to watch and understand, do the things you are capable of doing and it helps the team more.

razorpimp

Yea the Hogs played very well especially tightening it up in the second half.

Kept it close with rebounds
23-29 FT shooting
8 steals
7 blocks

Again nice win against a team that can play tough

rtr

Was a good win, they are all good.  Maybe, this can begin something good.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Mr. Porkleone

I'll take it. Didn't feel good going in, But great to win at home and beat a team that's beaten KY and FL.

23/29 from the FT was a good showing. Let's keep the momentum going.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on February 06, 2018, 08:29:26 pm
Good win. Need to get Gabe more minutes. Kid understands how to play within himself, something other players need to watch and understand, do the things you are capable of doing and it helps the team more.
Good points.unlike Thomas and cook,he was fighting for every loose ball.and playing some real solid defense.we don't need him to score. we need him to do the little things to help the team win.it's called doing the dirty work.

rtr

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 06, 2018, 08:32:15 pm
I'll take it. Didn't feel good going in, But great to win at home and beat a team that's beaten KY and FL.

23/29 from the FT was a good showing. Let's keep the momentum going.
Just shooting free throws like this will win games.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hdturner

Good win by hogs. We need take care business  against Vandy on Saturday night.

masbas3

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2018, 08:16:47 pm
And that is what it is going to take to put wins together.you got to get stops on defense.still some problems.got to stop making so many stupid passes.got to value the ball more. all in all it was a very good win.this South Carolina team beat both FL and KY.congrats to our players and coaches on a good win.GO HOGS.

Good post Joe.

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2018, 08:33:34 pm
Good points.unlike Thomas and cook,he was fighting for every loose ball.and playing some real solid defense.we don't need him to score. we need him to do the little things to help the team win.it's called doing the dirty work.
Yes. I watched Cook and Bailey botch commit turnovers trying to put the ball on the floor and do something they aren't good at and that's creating, both ended in bad turnovers. Gabe caught the ball, looked for his teammates, set solid screens for them, played solid defense, including taking charges, and looked to rebound the basketball, all things completely in his skill set.

jst01

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

pghawg1

ArkansasI

Good to see us apply more than token pressure. The Hogs need to work on staying aggressive after earning a lead.

Played everyone - and you could see the impact. WEAR. THEM. OUT.

GO HOGS!

FATHAWG08

2nd half play reminded me of how we played earlier this year. Our Freshmen are long and bring Energy & Defense when they get enough minutes to get in the flow of the game. This is what we have been missing from earlier in the year. Our Freshmen play the best Defense on this team.
I love off season Football!!

Ironhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2018, 08:33:34 pm

Earlier in the second half we had a possession where I felt like Cook tried to do too much which resulted in a turnover.  He came off the floor almost immediately and looked really frustrated as he was walking to the bench.  I felt bad for the kid.  He would be more helpful if he would just play within himself.

hogwildjoshua

Good win.  Team looked and played with more effort for the first time in a while. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Gabe is exactly what this team has needed. Better late than never but I'd like to think we could've saved a couple losses with his added intensity.

Best game in a long while. One win at a time.

TeufelHog

Agree with a decent win tonight.  Hogs needed this one badly to get their confidence back after the past few losses.  Played better tonight!  Hope this trend continues and the team continues to build upon this success.

Gonzo

Watching at the bowling alley so I didn't get to really focus on it, but looked like a very nice win. Hope they build on it.

Seeing FCJ's post quoted, have to give him credit for tempering a bit both tonight and Saturday.

Go Hogs!

The OTR

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2018, 08:16:47 pm

Who hacked into Joe's account?