Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Coach

Started by stahawg, February 08, 2015, 03:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stahawg

Was the departure of Coach Thomas expected? Was this "by design", so to speak, by Coach BB? Thoughts?

rhames

February 08, 2015, 03:44:43 pm #1 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:13:47 pm by rhames
I would say unexpected

Nfl RB coach is a step up in job status.

Bb will make a great hire though
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawg1221

Totally unexpected.  He would not sign a new contract if he was planning on leaving.  I'm sure this is a surprise to CBB.

The Boar War

Unexpected.  Especially since he signed an extension less than a month ago.

I doubt Bielema's upset.  You can't blame a coach for wanting to go to the league.

The_Boot_stops_here

Im sure its unexpected but I doubt its overly concerning. JT's contract was obviously not a priority.

stahawg

Sorry I didn't realize he had signed a new contract. I have great faith in CBB in attracting a great coach.

onebadrubi

Most good employers will support an employee better themselves and taking a non competing job that is a step up.  Which is exactly what this is.  I'm sure when Joel Thomas came to Bielema's office, Bielema was very happy and thankful for Thomas's time and efforts, along with his support in taking that next step up.

usf15cc

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 08, 2015, 09:31:36 pm
Most good employers will support an employee better themselves and taking a non competing job that is a step up.  Which is exactly what this is.  I'm sure when Joel Thomas came to Bielema's office, Bielema was very happy and thankful for Thomas's time and efforts, along with his support in taking that next step up.

I agree. With that being said i'm looking forward to the next hire. So far Bret has been great with his hires. Unlike bobby!!!!

jackflash

Agree coach BB will make the right hire. For fun maybe we should start a post to see how long it takes him.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 08, 2015, 04:20:13 pm
Im sure its unexpected but I doubt its overly concerning. JT's contract was obviously not a priority.

I bet CBB has already interviewed his next rb/wr coach during the OC search, just was not aware of it at the time. Somewhere in those 15, Bret probably said hmmm maybe next time.

ArmyOfnobunaga

many NFL RB coaches go to college.

For a big P5 RB coach the salary actually is more than in the NFL.

People are spinning this they way they want to.... And I don't give a rats sdfsdf but Im just saying the last Saint RB coach made 190k a year.

That according to nola radio.

So spin on guys. Im sure its an upgrade...
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

The Boar War

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 08, 2015, 11:04:56 pm

People are spinning this they way they want to.... And I don't give a rats sdfsdf but Im just saying the last Saint RB coach made 190k a year.

Their last rb coach was the OC at Michigan State.

Hawgzinbowlz

Glad we closed out NSD before this occurred.

This should be close to seamless.

An assistant in the NFL is a resume builder.

" GO HOGS "

The Boar War

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 08, 2015, 11:04:56 pm

What good would it do to spin this either way? 

Do you think he was fired?  His position had a good year and he was offered a contract extension.

Do you think he chose to leave out of spite?  That would require someone to believe that he hated Arkansas so much that he would leave (by your estimate) close to $100,000 on the table.  All after he signed an extension less than a month ago.

There isn't always a conspiracy behind every bush.

Personally I think the guy wanted to work in the league and this was his chance.  I really doubt he'll take $100,000 less a year.