Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Preseason FPI Rankings

Started by dwcherr, February 07, 2015, 11:37:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dwcherr

Hogs #10!!

Says that this is more of a team strength ranking and not a poll or season prediction.

...but still

https://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102380/102380

go hogues

Stopped reading when two teams that we curb stomped and lost their bowl were ranked ahead of us.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

KY Hog Man

No reason to stop reading.  Bowl games are not indicative of a teams potential in the upcoming year.  The new year brings in some different coaches as well as a different starting team. 

Wisco Pig

All eight of the Hogs' conference opponents next season are in the top 25 of that list.

beantownhog

Quote from: dwcherr on February 07, 2015, 11:37:41 am
Hogs #10!!

Says that this is more of a team strength ranking and not a poll or season prediction.

...but still

https://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102380/102380

+1; thanks for the link.  Fwiw--I'll admit that it's not much--I am okay with the fact that LSU and Ole Miss are ranked ahead of us.  If we beat them, it makes us look that much better.  Additionally, the added hype of SEC West adds to our aura if/when we do win.
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

Atlhogfan1

5 of the top 10 SEC and 7 of the top 15.

Only 2 B1G programs in the top 27 vs 11 SEC programs in the top 27.  Oh St has it good right now. 

First ACC program at 19.

At least the Pac 12 shows some depth.   

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ICEman

We are little more than a point out of 5th place.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

redeye

hawgrunner