Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joel thomas to the saints per twitter

Started by bcdrules, February 07, 2015, 10:33:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTide

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 07, 2015, 05:39:14 pm
Its a fair thought. Some internet speculation to this. I have my doubts.... but like I said if we see a slew of lateral moves next year the speculation will be interesting.

Trolls gonna be trolls

Styflin

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2015, 07:19:10 pm
So much fail so little time

Internet Speculation that BB is hard to work for?  Give me a FB. A bunch of yahoos wondering on message boards doesn't amount to anything.

Every program loses coaches. GAFC. Every program loses coaches. He is keeping the ones he wants to keep except for Partrdge who left to become an HC and possibly Shannon who went home to Florida

You know who was hard to work for? BP because he was a total dick and HDN because he would throw you under the bus. Speaking of which Dan Mullen did that after Egg Bowl loss and his highly thought of DC bolted

Bielema praises his coaches goes to bat for them and when there are differences they are kept in house but yeah he must be a prick

Wish Thomas well but quit making mountains out of nothing. It makes you look like every other dumbass fan base

Many of the rumor mongorers need to read this post. Many of the ones without a clue need to read this post. The Pot stirrers need to read this post. After all of whom fall in this category read this, well read it again.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 07, 2015, 12:03:39 pm
I always think the same thing...

The Ironic part is that online Arkansas fans say over and over that they trust CBB to make an incredible hire "Just look at Smith"... yet they fail to look at the fact that 4 of the original hires didn't work out for some reason.

If we have exodus next year to equivalent positions ,as well, it will be interesting.

Not irony at all; CBB has made changes when necessary and has shown that if something can be done to improve results it WILL be done...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkSoda

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 08, 2015, 01:54:54 am
Not irony at all; CBB has made changes when necessary and has shown that if something can be done to improve results it WILL be done...
whats funny to me is that people act like he is not good enough for arkansas, but apparently he is good enough for the saints.  My guess is, we lost a good one.  hope we find someone equally as good.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 07, 2015, 12:03:39 pm
I always think the same thing...

The Ironic part is that online Arkansas fans say over and over that they trust CBB to make an incredible hire "Just look at Smith"... yet they fail to look at the fact that 4 of the original hires didn't work out for some reason.

If we have exodus next year to equivalent positions ,as well, it will be interesting.

I'm speculating because I don't know any more of the truth of what goes on in the coaching offices than any of you, but I suspect that given the success that Bielema experienced at Wisconsin with his staff, he might have felt that was just automatically transferable to the SEC. I believe that he overestimated the ability of his Wisconsin staff to take a roster of lesser talent and coach them up to such a level that they could turn the corner quicker than they did.

I believe that he originally underestimated the level of competition and the talent levels in the SEC as well. I think that the cumulative experience that he has gained in the SEC has demonstrated a need for adjustments in staff and as much as we don't want to say it about an experienced and successful HC, this has been a learning experience for him as well.

Hopefully we will begin to see some level of continuity begin to take shape with the staff. But I think that we also have to remember that anytime you have success, especially in the SEC, you are going to have other schools/teams coming after some of your staff.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2015, 02:52:29 am
whats funny to me is that people act like he is not good enough for arkansas, but apparently he is good enough for the saints.  My guess is, we lost a good one.  hope we find someone equally as good.

I haven't seen anyone say he isnt a fine coach. The issue was his recruiting. In the NFL, he wont have to worry about that so maybe he is a better fit there

navyhog24

Also BB can make it a selling point to the future RB Assistant Coach that his last two are NFL RB Coaches. He can sell that to potentially get another ace assistant looking to make it to the NFL.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 08, 2015, 06:52:07 am
Also BB can make it a selling point to the future RB Assistant Coach that his last two are NFL RB Coaches. He can sell that to potentially get another ace assistant looking to make it to the NFL.

All 3 of his RB coaches have gone to the NFL after working for him. John Settle, Thomas Hammock and now Joel Thomas

Hog N Bama

February 08, 2015, 07:21:29 am #158 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:36:17 am by Hog N Bama
Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 07, 2015, 05:54:35 pm
Look Im on your side of this. Im a pretty mean guy. I also have followed CBB long before 99% of you as I am an avid northwestern and Iowa fan. I love him as a coach.

That being said there is a lot of speculation on these assistants leaving. I mean obviously beyond the borders of here. But it exists.
Nah.. CBB has just been cutting dead wood off the tree so it will produce fruit. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 08, 2015, 06:41:47 am
I haven't seen anyone say he isnt a fine coach. The issue was his recruiting. In the NFL, he wont have to worry about that so maybe he is a better fit there
Sales is an art. Either you have it or you don't. It's not personal.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 08, 2015, 07:22:53 am
Sales is an art. Either you have it or you don't. It's not personal.

Agreed and it was evident with JT he just wasn't even a "good" recruiter as the proof was in the pudding after being the lead on 2 signees in 3 classes

Also- with two young kids he may not have been fully vested in putting the time required to be an effective recruiter- which isn't a knock on him I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Now he gets to spend all of his non coaching time at home rather than on the phone or on the road recruiting

If that's the case then it is a win/win for both him and us.  Kudos to him for making the call that his best for his family situatiom

idochog

Bielema figured out in 2 games what Nutt never figured out about Markuson. I think he's got this.
I love Jesus!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Styflin on February 08, 2015, 12:51:57 am
Many of the rumor mongorers need to read this post. Many of the ones without a clue need to read this post. The Pot stirrers need to read this post. After all of whom fall in this category read this, well read it again.

Unfortunately, the types your mention could read it as many times as we want them to but it doesn't mean they will understand it.  Reading comprehension is not their friend.

hoghiker

This threads got a dose of everything in it. Dang near a Hogville greatest hits package.

Choctaw Hog

Congrats to Coach Thomas and I appreciate all the hard work and effort he put forth for the Razorbacks.  Coaching for an NFL team will look good on his resume and it gives the Hogs and Coach Bielema an opportunity to upgrade. 

Things always seem to work out for the best if one looks for the positives instead of looking at everything in a negative light.  Good luck Coach Thomas. 

26.2Hog

Quote from: idochog on February 08, 2015, 08:13:38 am
Bielema figured out in 2 games what Nutt never figured out about Markuson. I think he's got this.

Bingo!

Pig in the Pokey

LMFAO at idiot rednecks thinking that moving on to coach the Saints is a lateral move. Lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Chief Mac

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 08, 2015, 09:23:38 am
LMFAO at idiot rednecks thinking that moving on to coach the Saints is a lateral move. Lol

Yep....can't make this stuff up. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

buldozer

Coaches with success in the SEC will be in demand and will receive offers, we may as well get used to it. I am hoping for a replacement that is a much better recruiter....

opineonswine

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: opineonswine on February 08, 2015, 01:39:23 pm
Anything official yet?

Not official, but...

The New Orleans Saints have hired Arkansas running back coach Joel Thomas, Sports Illustrated reported Saturday.

Sports Illustrated's Thayer Evans said Thomas would accept the same position with the Saints, which is currently occupied by Dan Roushar.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/02/new_orleans_saints_hire_arkans.html
Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

Step up for Thomas!!
Wish him much success!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BOAR_N2BWILD

I saw a friend of mine tweet to CBB to bring Tim Horton home. SMH- no thanks.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

opineonswine

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on February 08, 2015, 07:09:00 pm

The embarrassment continues....

hoglady

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on February 08, 2015, 07:09:00 pm

I don't have anything against Horton. I always liked him when he was here.
But that's just not a good move - Lunney is doing a fine job with the in state players. Horton brings little to the table for us as far as recruiting. Hope we get someone with a network of connections in Texas, LA or Florida.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality