Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joel thomas to the saints per twitter

Started by bcdrules, February 07, 2015, 10:33:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bcdrules on February 07, 2015, 10:33:10 am
As RB coach.

If you are going to say these things, be good enough to provide a link.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 07, 2015, 10:34:35 am

This would be great

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 07, 2015, 10:34:35 am

Yeah, don't give Wildhog a reason to party without a link, lol.

YodaHog

@ThayerEvansSI: Arkansas RBs coach Joel Thomas has accepted same job w/ New Orleans Saints per sources.

Sports Illustrated writer

online-with-swine

Congratulations to him.  This is a great opportunity.  Maybe we can get a stud recruiter in his place.

bcdrules

Have we seen Michael Smith's contract details yet? I know that it was discussed of the possibility of him sliding into the RB coach spot if thomas were to leave.

hoghiker

Is this going to hurt the Hogs. Is it a plus? Just another day at the office or what? I'll await some ones informed expertise. 

JackJohnson

WPS!!!!!!!

We now have a tremendous opportunity to go out and hire an ace recruiter.  Also since Michael Smith has just as much experience as a RB coach as he dioes WR coach we can go after either- whichever is best recruiter, coach, and fit

ArmyOfnobunaga

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

MojoHog

When I looked to see if they actually had an opening on their staff I found no article or any sign that their current RB coach was fired. I don't keep up with the saints staff so if someone here does let me know. If he was fired then when we was let go it was so quiet that no articles were produced or no one cared enough to put in the work to produce one. And I don't see anything on my tweeter.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

ricepig

Quote from: bcdrules on February 07, 2015, 10:40:38 am
Have we seen Michael Smith's contract details yet? I know that it was discussed of the possibility of him sliding into the RB coach spot if thomas were to leave.
Nope, but I don't think there would be anything in there to keep him from sliding over if that's what they desire. Hopefully, we get a "recruiter".
crom

HOGINTENNESSEE

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

BigSexyHog

Why do people always ask for a link.  Look it up.  Also didn't see this coming.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Inhogswetrust

Twitter to Facebook per Instagram................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

IBleedRazorbackRed

Slide Smith to RB coach and go get a top notch WR coach that can recruit.

Jek Tono Porkins

After he just signed a contract extension?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PaintballHog

Another recruiter on staff would be awesome.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Oliver

I can only imagine the smile on Wildhog's face right now.

ricepig

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on February 07, 2015, 11:11:31 am
After he just signed a contract extension?

Hey, we should get some change back, too! Like, $50,000, haha.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'm all in on Smith to RB and bringing in like a George Mcdonald for WR.

Some other reasonable options could include

John Settle who was his RB coach at Wisconsin is still looking for a Job. Coached in NFL and last year at Pitt.

Thomas Hammock was also his RB coach at Wis. Was with Ravens last year.

Lunney coached RB's alittle bit after Danny Nutt has stepped down.

Clearly as a fan base we would love Larry Porter making 180k at UNC. 2 time rivals recruiter of the year.

jackflash

If this is so. I would go after Porter as RB coach.

ArmyOfnobunaga

February 07, 2015, 11:19:48 am #28 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:44:59 am by ArmyOfnobunaga
Quote from: go hogues on February 07, 2015, 10:59:53 am
Lol  ::)

go to 247 and see how many top 100 players in the country from houston there are that have crystal balls split between lsu and TAMU.

Hiring a LEGENDARY coach from Houston would get us our share of players.

Its probably fantasy anyway. It would be a step down for the coach. He is already making 117k a year.

modify Answer- 5 players. One near Austin this coach would get us in the door with so maybe 6 we could be instantly in the hunt for.

Mod 2 Answer- 14 of the top 200 players in our around houston that we need to get in the homes of.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

hogcam

Sooie71923

LOL at so many on here being absorbed by the "ace recruiter" hype. 

How bout an ace coach? Id rather have a coach that can teach, communicate and get the most out of our players than a Les Miles or Ed O that gets kids to campus and can't develop the talent.

Being an ace recruiter isn't necessarily a direct value of the man as much as it is the school that coach works for. Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp are considered top recruiters... Would they be considered top recruiters at a school like Vanderbilt or Memphis?  They're considered top recruiters because who they represent.

Don't lose sight of the real need; to replace coaching skills not just recruiting ability.

I would take a top coach over top recruiter all day, every day, forever.

hoglady

Quote from: hogcam on February 07, 2015, 11:19:54 am
How happy is wildhog gonna be?

This just made his day.
He was the first person I thought of when I saw this thread.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorkRinds

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 07, 2015, 11:19:48 am
go to 247 and see how many top 100 players in the country from houston there are that have crystal balls split between lsu and TAMU.

Hiring a LEGENDARY coach from Houston would get us our share of players.

Its probably fantasy anyway. It would be a step down for the coach. He is already making 117k a year.

modify Answer- 5 players. One near Austin this coach would get us in the door with so maybe 6 we could be instantly in the hunt for.

Lol wut?

ricepig

Quote from: Sooie71923 on February 07, 2015, 11:22:57 am
LOL at so many on here being absorbed by the "ace recruiter" hype. 

How bout an ace coach? If rather have a coach that can teach, communicate and get the most out of our players than a Les Miles or Ed O that gets kids to campus and can't develop the talent.

Being an ace recruiter isn't necessarily a direct value of the man as much as it is the school that coach works for. Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp are considered top recruiters... Would thru be considered top recruiters at a school like Vanderbilt or Memphis?  They're considered top recruiters because who they represent.

Don't lose sight of the real need; to replace coaching skills not just recruiting ability.

I would take a top coach over top recruiter all day, every day, forever.

Well, some would say we had neither, so one is better than nothing....

longpig

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 07, 2015, 11:12:10 am
Another recruiter on staff would be awesome.
Yeh it would, and not a west coast guy this time.  We should be able to find someone from an SEC state that recruits well and can coach the least difficult position on the field to coach.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PaintballHog

SwineGrind

Most recent RB coach from Wisconsin Thomas Brown would be a nice addition.

forrest city joe

I wish Thomas well. but this is good news for Arkansas. this is another chance for coach B to upgrade. get somebody in here that can really recruit. i wish he would go hard after Larry Porter. where is Porter these days? Thomas is a good man and good coach. but there was nothing great about him. and i was not happy with his recruiting. we should have been able to recruit 4 and 5 star RB all over the country the last few years. and he never got anybody. this is not bad news. this is good news in my opinion.

passinghog

RB is an easy position to coach. I could care less what type of position coach he is, the next guy damn well better be a big dog recruiter. If our running backs have 10 fumbles next year, but the next RB coach is bringing in horses, I will have no problem at all.

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2015, 11:46:35 am
I wish Thomas well. but this is good news for Arkansas. this is another chance for coach B to upgrade. get somebody in here that can really recruit. i wish he would go hard after Larry Porter. where is Porter these days? Thomas is a good man and good coach. but there was nothing great about him. and i was not happy with his recruiting. we should have been able to recruit 4 and 5 star RB all over the country the last few years. and he never got anybody. this is not bad news. this is good news in my opinion.
Correct me if I'm wrong. But Alex Collins was a 4 star and Joel Thomas recruited him.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 07, 2015, 11:15:12 am

Clearly as a fan base we would love Larry Porter making 180k at UNC. 2 time rivals recruiter of the year.

Bottom of the 9th, down by 3, bases loaded, full count, grand slam!!

ricepig

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on February 07, 2015, 11:53:28 am
Correct me if I'm wrong. But Alex Collins was a 4 star and Joel Thomas recruited him.

Collins would have gone to Wisconsin if Bielema was still there, and Charlie Patridge recruited AC.

longpig

Coach B was locked in on Collins while at Wisky I believe, Thomas may or may not have closed on him.
Don't be scared, be smart.

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2015, 11:56:21 am
Collins would have gone to Wisconsin if Bielema was still there, and Charlie Patridge recruited AC.
As did Joel Thomas. I dont disagree that he would have went to Wisky if CBB stayed there.

Music City Hog

BB came here so he could keep assistants right?

HOGINTENNESSEE

CBB and Partridge were Collins main recruiters.

Thomas recruited him some after he was hired. But had not be recruiting him at Washington.

TX HOG

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 07, 2015, 12:00:12 pm
BB came here so he could keep assistants right?

I always think the same thing...

The Ironic part is that online Arkansas fans say over and over that they trust CBB to make an incredible hire "Just look at Smith"... yet they fail to look at the fact that 4 of the original hires didn't work out for some reason.

If we have exodus next year to equivalent positions ,as well, it will be interesting.

iseeredpeople

If you are on Twitter go show @The3rdRawleigh some love.

ricepig