Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signing Day in the Rock/on the Hill recaps

Started by razorhog52, February 05, 2015, 09:11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhog52

For those that could attend these events, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I was lucky enough to attend Signing Day in the Rock. Quick highlights...

Bielema would have run the ball on 2 nd and goal I'm the Super Bowl.
Coach Enos is a very cerebral coach. I think he'll fit with Brandon well.
Robb Smith was the most popular guy in the room
Doesn't sound like BB likes Auburn much. When asked about which team he likes the least, Auburn was the first out of his mouth. He clarified that he respects all SEc foes.
Froholdt and his brother Lars love Frozen apparently.
TJ Smith is up to 280.
Ty Storey has lead from the moment he committed. BB said Alabama actually offered before us.
Zach Rogers has been committed longer than BB has been coach.
Lots of great highlights. Overall this looks like a great class.

Bielema owns the room. I am more impressed each time I hear him speak. I'm sure others can chime in on details. It's a great event for all those to attend in the future.

colbs

I have been the last three years and I love how the assistants mingle with the fans.  Sam Pittman came by our table tonight and introduced himself and talked some. 

Uncommon

Quote from: colbs on February 05, 2015, 10:24:55 pm
Sam Pittman came by our table tonight and introduced himself and talked some.
Met him.  Just has such an infectious personality.  I really think he could recruit peace to the Middle East.

RyeHogFan

Coach B was definitely cracking me up. I loved when he talked about twitter. He said it was 2:30 in the morning and he was tweeting with a Jr. recruit. Jen asked him "who the heck are you talking too?!" BB replied "Relax! He's 17, a male, and he's out of state." Lol I also liked how he said that fans following kids on twitter is a huge part of our recruiting. Also, to go along with what the OP mentioned about Bielema talking about the Super Bowl. Bielema said "I would've ran the ball. But then I wouldn't be able to recruit a (dang) wide receiver." Bazinga!

JIHawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawg1221

Quote from: Uncommon on February 05, 2015, 10:51:48 pm
Met him.  Just has such an infectious personality.  I really think he could recruit peace to the Middle East.

He was interviewed by KNWA on Wednesday night and he is absolutely hilarious. You would have to see it, but he talked about the perceptions of Arkansas from the East Coast.  He said they think we ride horses and sheep to class and are surprised that we actually have a mall. If you seen that clip, you would laugh your a** off!!

Hog N Bama

nwahogfan1

He was at our Razorback Club meeting last year and he knocked it out of the park.  Loved listening to all of his stories.  Funny guy.   I would love to sit down and have a cup of coffee with him and just listen to all of his past stories.  He is quite a story teller. 

I can see where he can go into a Recruits home, chat with Mom and Dad and gain their trust. 

Long hit a home run with this hire.  I trust his recruiting and his hiring of assistants.  If a Coach or a recruit doesn't fit what he is trying to do then he says sorry but this is not working out and goes and finds a better fit.

PorkRinds

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 06, 2015, 09:37:02 am
He was at our Razorback Club meeting last year and he knocked it out of the park.  Loved listening to all of his stories.  Funny guy.   I would love to sit down and have a cup of coffee with him and just listen to all of his past stories.  He is quite a story teller. 

I can see where he can go into a Recruits home, chat with Mom and Dad and gain their trust. 

Long hit a home run with this hire.  I trust his recruiting and his hiring of assistants.  If a Coach or a recruit doesn't fit what he is trying to do then he says sorry but this is not working out and goes and finds a better fit.

Not to quibble, but Coach B would probably want to talk over a vodka tonic, or so I've heard.  ;)

OLDHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 06, 2015, 09:38:33 am
Not to quibble, but Coach B would probably want to talk over a vodka tonic, or so I've heard.  ;)
And a fine cigar. A man after my on heart.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 06, 2015, 09:37:02 am

Long hit a home run with this hire.  I trust his recruiting and his hiring of assistants. If a Coach or a recruit doesn't fit what he is trying to do then he says sorry but this is not working out and goes and finds a better fit.
Yep, like CBB said... you recruit your own problems. I like that he doesn't let problems hang around....confronts them headon. I remember this trait of my first boss.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: razorhog52 on February 05, 2015, 09:11:38 pm
Ty Storey has lead from the moment he committed.

Can you please provide some more details about what this comment meant?

Thanks,
-phil

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on February 06, 2015, 11:53:49 am
Can you please provide some more details about what this comment meant?

Thanks,
-phil
I think he means Ty has been a leader of the recruited class. And he has.

hawginbigd1

HMMMM wonder if I should follow recruits on twitter?

I also liked how he said that fans following kids on twitter is a huge part of our recruiting.

Uncommon

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 06, 2015, 02:31:59 pm
HMMMM wonder if I should follow recruits on twitter?

I also liked how he said that fans following kids on twitter is a huge part of our recruiting.
As long as it's positive and you aren't an a!!hat if they don't pick Arkansas, go for it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Uncommon on February 06, 2015, 02:49:06 pm
As long as it's positive and you aren't an a!!hat if they don't pick Arkansas, go for it.
yea agreed I was just posing the ? and the comment for all the A$$hats that say its creepy or your begging kids or whatever clownface remarks they have to say. Everything tweeted should be of a positive nature, when you get pi$$ed at KJ or others it doesn't go on twitter, facebook or any other social media directed at or in the recruits circles. It also goes without saying that if you are a foundation member you should probably not do it, I could see that being used against someone some day as a booster recruiting, maybe not IDK.

I wanted to add also IMO you shouldn't send anything derogatory to RD, Danny, or Otis or others about a recruit either because they are generally followed by all of our current and future prospects. It is a black eye possibly if one sees negativity that is not even directed at them.

Uncommon

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 06, 2015, 02:57:03 pm
yea agreed I was just posing the ? and the comment for all the A$$hats that say its creepy or your begging kids or whatever clownface remarks they have to say. Everything tweeted should be of a positive nature, when you get pi$$ed at KJ or others it doesn't go on twitter, facebook or any other social media directed at or in the recruits circles. It also goes without saying that if you are a foundation member you should probably not do it, I could see that being used against someone some day as a booster recruiting, maybe not IDK.
Agree but don't call people that if they simply disagree with you.  Be above the name calling.

PEtrader

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 06, 2015, 09:38:33 am

Crown and coke
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PEtrader

I was on the hill for the signing day event.  It was great.   We have a really good class,  and he went through each in depth.   He really liked our d and o line recruiting.  Was very high on his assts,  and gave some love to smith.   He said we will always take a qb and rb in each class.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "