Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rawleigh Williams III signing ceremony

Started by porknbeans, February 04, 2015, 04:44:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porknbeans

February 04, 2015, 04:44:24 pm Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:27:30 pm by porknbeans
Hogs 2015 running back commit Rawleigh Williams III of Bishop Lynch HS in Dallas had his signing ceremony this morning in the BL gym, along with other BL students that received athletic scholarships. I decided to drop by since I live in the metroplex. Both of my sons attended BLHS, so I had additional motivation to attend. Rawleigh's family and family friends were sporting Hog gear. After Rawleigh signed, I stood up and called the Hogs and a few in the crowd joined. I'm sure most thought I was a bit crazy, but it did generate some smiles.

Talked briefly with his dad and let him know where metroplex Hog fans gather together watch our Razorbacks (Buffalo Wild Wings, Addison), and to invite his family to come and watch games with the metroplex Hog family. I didn't say much to Rawleigh other than to welcome him to the Hog family. He was very nice and when he shook my hand he had a big smile on his face. As a bonus, the BL football coach is a Bama grad so got to rib him about his prized player being a Hog.

Here's few cell phone pics (pardon the quality) of a smiling Rawleigh and family.

We got a good one in Rawleigh - no doubt #BeUncommon applies to him.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

Hoggish1

Ragnar Hogbrok

It's so awesome seeing all of these young men being able to play football for the University of Arkansas and get a quality education.

I wish all of them success and hope their success spills onto the football field.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hogsgolfpro

Why are our colors never the same shade of red

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

greasy_corner

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on February 04, 2015, 04:58:45 pm
Why are our colors never the same shade of red

Probably for the same reason you still see some using the Dogbone Hog logo. 

Congrats RWIII

WardamnHOGGLE

If that's his pop on the right, suit him up.  Welcome to Arkansas young man.

reddogjcss

Cool, if he turns out like coach B thinks we got another Pro player in training.

porknbeans

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on February 04, 2015, 05:03:49 pm

That *is* his dad, who's also a Dallas PD detective. I'd sure hate to be on the wrong end of one of his interrogations! That's probably why Rawleigh is such a nice kid - he doesn't want that either :)
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

Steef

hoglady

Thanks for posting.
That was great - Rawleigh and his family look really happy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gawntrail

Hogfan46

Quote from: porknbeans on February 04, 2015, 04:44:24 pm
Hogs 2015 running back commit Rawleigh Williams III of Bishop Lynch HS in Dallas had his signing ceremony this morning in the BL gym, along with other BL students that received athletic scholarships. I decided to drop by since I live in the metroplex. Both of my sons attended BLHS, so I had additional motivation to attend. Rawleigh's family and family friends were sporting Hog gear. After Rawleigh signed, I stood up and called the Hogs and a few in the crowd joined. I'm sure most thought I was a bit crazy, but it did generate some smiles.

Talked briefly with his dad and let him know where metroplex Hog fans gather together watch our Razorbacks (Buffalo Wild Wings, Addison), and to invite his family to come and watch games with the metroplex Hog family. I didn't say much to Rawleigh other than to welcome him to the Hog family. He was very nice and when he shook my hand he had a big smile on his face. As a bonus, the BL football coach is a Bama grad so got to rib him about his prized player being a Hog.

Here's few cell phone pics (pardon the quality) of a smiling Rawleigh and family.

+1 to you sir.  That is how to be a respectful, not crazy, Hog fan.

moses_007

Let's hope Rawleigh is the next McFadden.

Danimal

Welcome Rawleigh! And thanks to the OP for showing up to support him and his family!

The Boar War

Thanks for posting and going to support one of the new TexHogs.

younghog

Quote from: porknbeans on February 04, 2015, 04:44:24 pm

That's AWESOME...
GO HOGS

Snoutmaster

Thanks for the info and pics!  I say offer RW Jr.  as well, dude looks like he could add depth to the LB's

BadHog

That was awesome porknbeans that you went and supported our new TexasHog! True fan you are!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hog N Bama

Awesome! Rawleigh is truly an uncommon man. Lucky to have loving and supportive parents too. Welcome Rawleigh! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogeration

Quote from: Snoutmaster on February 04, 2015, 06:36:11 pm
Thanks for the info and pics!  I say offer RW Jr.  as well, dude looks like he could add depth to the LB's
This.  Dad looks like he could play right now.

zane

When CBB starts making Monte Ball comparisons, you should probably pay attention!

Welcome young man
RIP LSUfan

Pigsknuckles

Folks like you are important to the recruits. I'm sure your support spoke volumes to RWIII, and his folks. Let's them know they made the right choice. +1
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

flowermoundstan

well his mom and dad are smiling because the tuition at bishop lynch is $12,800.00 per year plus books.

that's more than in state tuition at fayetteville.

OrvilleRedenporker

Does his dad have any eligibility left? Looks like he could suit up right now

LAHogfan123

+1 porknbeans, great of you to show up and show your support for a future, excuse me, a new Razorback football player that I'm sure we will be cheering him on a lot over the next few years.  He looks as though he has great family support and like everyone else has said, his Dad looks like he could suit up and play this fall.

HoggieStyle

BorderPatrol

So, since it hasnt been mentioned yet in this thread, should we sign his dad as well?

bp

Hog Nutt

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on February 04, 2015, 05:03:49 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I'd hate to piss dad off.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

smb

You gotta love a hog fan from Texas. Thanks for the pics.
GeorgiaHOG

hog911

+1 welcome to the hog family and woo pig!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Ugly Uncle

Great job porknbeans.  Love that you were there.  Thanks for the pictures.
Retired Radio Host

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

XX

Good looking family...wouldn't wanna make dad mad.  :D

Welcome aboard Rawleigh...

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

TheRazorbackGuy

This guy makes it harder to see what will happen Juan Day.

Carl Lazlo

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogPound