Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does she know something we don't?

Started by Swinesong1, February 04, 2015, 03:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Yes, we have been to two straight bowl games, she definitely has the inside word.

Swinesong1

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 03:19:04 pm
Yes, we have been to two straight bowl games, she definitely has the inside word.
And that Brandon Allen comment.

SpaCityHawg

I think she was preparing for next year :)

DeltaBoy

Yep she seemed to be talking about 2016 not 2015 because BA is coming back.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol....yeah, & evidently dropped a bomb to coach BB, when she told him Brandon Allen was ..."departing".  Bet this is the first word coach has heard about this...

She is pretty, & don't know how much CBS is paying her.....but it's too much
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hoggish1

I guess you are only as good as the script you're reading...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yep.  Wonder if that was a record last year.?...must have been ?.....

First team, to go to a bowl with a 3-9 record.?....did we win or lose that bowl game last year.?   Man, I don't even remember who we played..??   ???
I wished she had reminded us of the score... & opponent.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2015, 04:53:00 pm

I guess you are only as good as the script you're reading...

True....but you would think that at least one of their experts....would have at least checked & made sure we went to a bowl game last year.....& that our starting QB, was actually not going to be there next year....

WardamnHOGGLE

Rzbakfromwaybak

reddogjcss

She needs to pick another occupation. She missed that one by a mile.

WardamnHOGGLE

urkillnmesmalls

She really nailed that background information.  I wish they would have shown her face during his response.  Not because she's hot, but because she had to have been taken aback a little.  Well...OK, yeah, because she's hot.   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 04, 2015, 05:08:37 pm
She needs to pick another occupation. She missed that one by a mile.

I can think of one occupation she could excel in. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hview

I wonder if she ever realized the error she made. :)

lahawg1

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hview on February 04, 2015, 05:19:13 pm
I wonder if she ever realized the error she made. :)

If she had screwed up that bad on something she said to Saban, she would have.  I'm thinking it would have been a completely different response. 

billmontgomery10

There's an excellent chance that if Brandon Allen stays healthy next year that Austin will never start a game at Arkansas with Peavey and Storey in the wings.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on February 04, 2015, 05:28:30 pm
There's an excellent chance that if Brandon Allen stays healthy next year that Austin will never start a game at Arkansas with Peavey and Storey in the wings.

It is certainly possible.  But it's all but certain that there's an even better chance that if the coaches think that AA knows the offense the best, makes the best decisions on the field, and gives us the best chance to win, according to our fans our BEST QB will be one of the ones on the bench, unless we're winning every game.

Wait...I take that back, we could beat a few pushovers, and the fans would still think that.   :) 

Bacons Rebellion

Really well done on-the-fly response by Bielema not to tell her she was wrong, but to work in midway into his response that he would be back. That was very professional. I've come to expect that sort of thing from him, but I'm still impressed.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 04, 2015, 05:36:11 pm
It is certainly possible.  But it's all but certain that there's an even better chance that if the coaches think that AA knows the offense the best, makes the best decisions on the field, and gives us the best chance to win, according to our fans our BEST QB will be one of the ones on the bench, unless we're winning every game.

Wait...I take that back, we could beat a few pushovers, and the fans would still think that.   :)
yeah, AA could take over the reigns from his brother after next season but the ideal situation would be for Peavey or Storey to better than we could have hoped.  Nothing against AA, he likely can execute the offense, what I'm speaking of is a QB who is a difference maker, not just a signal caller...since Stoerner, Jones, Mallett and Wilson, we have become used to the QB position being a huge positive, not merely played by a guy who 'won't get you beat'.....IMO, for ARK to win the SEC, we'll need a playmaking QB along with great RBs, a solid O line and a tough defense...we now have 3 of the 4 in place and improvement is expected and is likely to happen next season, but again, for us to knock down that SEC door, an exceptional QB is required......maybe Storey ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LZH

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 04, 2015, 05:13:52 pm
but because she had to have been taken aback a little

Yepper.  She was talking to one of 20-30 head coaches today.

While I'm less that thrilled with our "ranking"..........I gotta trust BB in that he's out to get roadgraders and nasty defensive mofo's.

wildhogman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 04, 2015, 05:53:05 pm
yeah, AA could take over the reigns from his brother after next season but the ideal situation would be for Peavey or Storey to better than we could have hoped.  Nothing against AA, he likely can execute the offense, what I'm speaking of is a QB who is a difference maker, not just a signal caller...since Stoerner, Jones, Mallett and Wilson, we have become used to the QB position being a huge positive, not merely played by a guy who 'won't get you beat'.....IMO, for ARK to win the SEC, we'll need a playmaking QB along with great RBs, a solid O line and a tough defense...we now have 3 of the 4 in place and improvement is expected and is likely to happen next season, but again, for us to knock down that SEC door, an exceptional QB is required......maybe Storey ?
Some people just wont pass up any oportuinty to take shots.. I hope BA has the season of all season's and makes about 40 people on this board have to walk around with a lot of egg on their face. would be poetic justice.

HoggusMaximus

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LSUFan

Who let the bitch out tha kitchen?

Sammich!
Now!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Hog N Bama

PorkSoda

I'd be blaming the teleprompter guy, she prolly doesn't even know where arkansas is.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 04, 2015, 07:52:02 pm
I'd be blaming the teleprompter guy, she prolly doesn't even know where arkansas is.
She is still asking herself, who or what is BA?

TeedupHigh

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 04, 2015, 05:13:52 pm
She really nailed that background information.  I wish they would have shown her face during his response.  Not because she's hot, but because she had to have been taken aback a little.  Well...OK, yeah, because she's hot.   ;D

She had no idea about what was said!  These women drive me bat crap crazy!  Networks use them because, well they are women.  Very few have a clue in any sport, well Holly Sonders is the exception............

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 04, 2015, 05:53:05 pm

Sure, it's possible.  I disagree a little in that I don't think an exceptional QB is required.  Stoerner wasn't anything exceptional.  He was a good QB who made good decisions as a Sr.  I think you can have a game manager if you have great skill position players, and a line that can protect.  Really, none of Bama's QB's have been exceptional even in their championship years.  The way they made a difference was by making good decisions.   

It's hard to explain why some kids have the light come on, while others don't.  How do you explain Boykin at TCU for instance?  He was so reckless that they moved him to WR, but then out of the blue it clicked.  It's just hard to know what's going to happen. 

Based on what I know, CBB is going to value solid decisions more than anything else.  I think he's partly responsible for why BA throws the ball away as much as he does.  Russell Wilson was certainly a difference maker, but he also made good decisions.  BB's not going to have a QB that makes careless turnovers, no matter how much play making ability they may possess.  When your system is built around possessing the ball and field position, the number one thing is...don't lose possession of the ball prematurely.

But, you'll get no argument from me on us needing some difference makers to contend with the overall talent disparity that we have faced, and will continue to face when we're recruiting our rears off and still only 7th in our DIVISION.  It NEVER hurts when it's at the QB position. 

Plus...man, it was fun to watch Matt Jones.  DMAC was incredible, but for pure "what's going to happen next, and WTH was that?" type of football, I think Matt Jones was the most exciting Hog I've ever seen.  Sure, he made some mistakes, but without him for a few years there, we may not have won more than 3 games a season.   

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: TeedupHigh on February 04, 2015, 07:54:48 pm
She had no idea about what was said!  These women drive me bat crap crazy!  Networks use them because, well they are women.  Very few have a clue in any sport, well Holly Sonders is the exception............

I'm probably one of very few, but I always enjoyed Linda Cohn on ESPN.  She seems to always be upbeat, pretty well informed, and respectful of the athletes.   

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 04, 2015, 09:26:44 pm
Sure, it's possible.  I disagree a little in that I don't think an exceptional QB is required.  Stoerner wasn't anything exceptional.  He was a good QB who made good decisions as a Sr.  I think you can have a game manager if you have great skill position players, and a line that can protect.  Really, none of Bama's QB's have been exceptional even in their championship years.  The way they made a difference was by making good decisions.   

It's hard to explain why some kids have the light come on, while others don't.  How do you explain Boykin at TCU for instance?  He was so reckless that they moved him to WR, but then out of the blue it clicked.  It's just hard to know what's going to happen. 

Based on what I know, CBB is going to value solid decisions more than anything else.  I think he's partly responsible for why BA throws the ball away as much as he does.  Russell Wilson was certainly a difference maker, but he also made good decisions.  BB's not going to have a QB that makes careless turnovers, no matter how much play making ability they may possess.  When your system is built around possessing the ball and field position, the number one thing is...don't lose possession of the ball prematurely.

But, you'll get no argument from me on us needing some difference makers to contend with the overall talent disparity that we have faced, and will continue to face when we're recruiting our rears off and still only 7th in our DIVISION.  It NEVER hurts when it's at the QB position. 

Plus...man, it was fun to watch Matt Jones.  DMAC was incredible, but for pure "what's going to happen next, and WTH was that?" type of football, I think Matt Jones was the most exciting Hog I've ever seen.  Sure, he made some mistakes, but without him for a few years there, we may not have won more than 3 games a season.   
Ty Storey throws a beautiful ball....I realize its against inferior compeition, but the ball sure comes out of his hand nicely and the kid has the size and hopefully the football IQ to get it done. Some guy up above got all hot and bothered at me because of my post. I'm sorry, I do like Brandon Allen, but he'll never throw the ball like Ryan Mallett, have the toughness of a Tyler Wilson nor will any of them possess the sheer athletic ability of a Matt Jones. All I guess I was saying is that maybe one magic year it will all come together and we can finally kick that door down to an SEC championship in football.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: wildhogman on February 04, 2015, 06:34:44 pm
Some people just wont pass up any oportuinty to take shots.. I hope BA has the season of all season's and makes about 40 people on this board have to walk around with a lot of egg on their face. would be poetic justice.
would you please point out how I "took a shot" at any player, current or past...if you have any doubts, just look up the SEC stats for QB's in conference play....look, no one would be happier than I if Brandon's play went into the stratosphere and he became a superstar. Realistically speaking, that's  likely not to happen. That's not a knock, Brandon is the best player we have at QB right now and maybe he'll have a senior season that will be unbelievable. I'm totally in his corner.

Peter Porker

Just remember, out of all our great QBs, Austin was the only one to make the Elite 11 finals.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

billmontgomery10

I agree with the posts about Arkansas needing a playmaker qb in the future to ever be nationally relevant. It's fine to talk about Brandon Allen being a game manager and being competent and the best the Hogs have, but we don't have Bama talent to be a national contender with a game manager. It's going to take a Matt Jones or Quinn Grovey or even Ryan Mallett to get the Hogs back to where we all want to be. A game manager might get us to 8-4 and a mid-bowl but to get back to the top you have to have a qb who can make plays in crunch time. So far BA hasn't proven he can do that. We'll see in this his 5th season if he can. I hope he can...

PorkSoda

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on February 05, 2015, 11:00:20 am
I agree with the posts about Arkansas needing a playmaker qb in the future to ever be nationally relevant. It's fine to talk about Brandon Allen being a game manager and being competent and the best the Hogs have, but we don't have Bama talent to be a national contender with a game manager. It's going to take a Matt Jones or Quinn Grovey or even Ryan Mallett to get the Hogs back to where we all want to be. A game manager might get us to 8-4 and a mid-bowl but to get back to the top you have to have a qb who can make plays in crunch time. So far BA hasn't proven he can do that. We'll see in this his 5th season if he can. I hope he can...
I agree that having a great QB could push this team over the top,  but I disagree that BA hasn't made plays in crunch time.  I've seen him make plenty of tough 3rd down conversions that have kept us in games.  I agree that he is not Mallett, Wilson, or Jones, but he is developing into a pretty good player that can do what it takes to keep this team moving in the right direction.  I hope at some point we do find the guy with that IT factor who has some great weapons around him, and we win an SEC championship, but I'm pretty sure that is what every team/fan base wants.