Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Press Conference

Started by MrKnowItAll, February 04, 2015, 01:57:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKnowItAll

At 2 p.m., Coach Bielema will address the media in his National Signing Day press conference. The press conference will be streamed live on SEC Network+ and WatchESPN.

PorkRinds

Someone give us a run down.  I can't watch it now.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2015, 02:06:20 pm
Someone give us a run down.  I can't watch it now.

Right now just going down the list of signees and giving 3-5 sentences on each. 

Tim Harris

Kendrick Jackson wanted to commit a year ago but wand where they needed him to be. Did everything they asked and committed when he was here.

Tim Harris

Ledbetter can do a standing back flip.

onebadrubi

Tim Harris

Everyone in Merrick house hold wanted him to stay in state.

Tim Harris

onebadrubi

Pulley may play CB or Safety, Bielema doesn't know where but that he will be back there.

onebadrubi

Joel was the one that turned the staff on to TJ Smith.  Wildhog, don't have a heart attack.  282 lbs on his visit

PorkSoda

is there going to be a replay posted?

seems odd to go through ESPN3 when not everyone has that

in the past they have just streamed it free through razorvision.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Bielema knows and is mentioning the names of the parents of most of the recruits, speaks like he's known them for YEARS. 

Rawleigh williams remind coach of Monte Ball

Tim Harris

Didn't bring Sykes in because they didn't know their scholarship count. Coach B didn't want to bring him in and then maybe not have a scholarship for him.

PorkSoda

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2015, 02:19:04 pm
Bielema knows and is mentioning the names of the parents of most of the recruits, speaks like he's known them for YEARS. 

Rawleigh williams remind coach of Monte Ball
I'm stoked we got him.  I wasn't sure if we were going to offer him or not.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

AFWarrior83

Hope someone posts it on YouTube like last year.
Hogville member since 2005.

onebadrubi

Nate Dalton switched from QB to DB his senior year. 

FYI He can throw the ball over 70 yards...

Now someone will ask him to be QB, just wait for it

TE's
Cantrell hardest and meanest of the group
CJ can outjump either
Was too busy typing to hear Graggs' comment

onebadrubi

People trying to gain KJ info, not getting anywhere.

CattleCorn

For those of us excluded by our TV and Internet providers, is there another way to watch a replay of this?  Link please!

onebadrubi

We had 28 available scholarships to give out as of yesterday.  SEC office did not allow it, Coach trying to change it. 

"We ran out of scholarships on friday"

Tim Harris

Said he would see Jamario coming in and playing as a freshman.

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2015, 02:30:27 pm
We had 28 available scholarships to give out as of yesterday.  SEC office did not allow it, Coach trying to change it. 

"We ran out of scholarships on friday"

That's interesting.  Wonder how that works.

onebadrubi

Bell could possibly play right away. 

Press Conference is over.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2015, 02:31:36 pm

I don't know why someone did question him on it.  Seems like the PC was forcefully wrapped up quick, or the feed jumped....

PorkRinds

CJ O'Grady at the Y receiver slot?  Sounds good to me.

Tim Harris

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2015, 02:31:36 pm

I'm guessing he means he had 28 spots available under the 85.

That is just an assumption on my part though.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 02:34:25 pm
I'm guessing he means he had 28 spots available under the 85.

That is just an assumption on my part though.
See with SEC office south Carolina can sign 31, but hogs can't sign 28. Its the way things work down there> any other school its okay, Geez!
go hogs go !

ArKan5a5 KiD

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 04, 2015, 02:51:02 pm
See with SEC office south Carolina can sign 31, but hogs can't sign 28. Its the way things work down there> any other school its okay, Geez!

I'm all for bashing the SEC office, but it looks like they only had 17 players enroll in August and count towards the 14 class.  and from what I have seen that means he could count 8 back if only signed 17 

onebadrubi

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on February 04, 2015, 02:58:42 pm
Did he ever mention Pettway??

Yes, took Enos to watch him play basketball and Enos was impressed. 

red_beard_82

Interesting tid bit about having a coach tear up a players papers so that a receiver instate could have Hogs as an option. Said something about finding out late they were still in the running. Wonder if it was Scott or maybe King that got the offer pulled at the last little bit.

onebadrubi

Quote from: red_beard_82 on February 04, 2015, 03:16:02 pm
Interesting tid bit about having a coach tear up a players papers so that a receiver instate could have Hogs as an option. Said something about finding out late they were still in the running. Wonder if it was Scott or maybe King that got the offer pulled at the last little bit.

Pulled?  Didn't he say the recruit had decided to go elsewhere so they had to get the offer tore up to issue another?

razorbackfanatic

hoghearted

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 02:19:31 pm
Didn't bring Sykes in because they didn't know their scholarship count. Coach B didn't want to bring him in and then maybe not have a scholarship for him.

Other coaches should take note. This is how its done.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

red_beard_82

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2015, 03:16:57 pm
Pulled?  Didn't he say the recruit had decided to go elsewhere so they had to get the offer tore up to issue another?

Thanks for clarifying that.  Pulled was my word.  I wasn't sure exactly what he was saying.  That makes more sense.

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: CattleCorn on February 04, 2015, 02:29:38 pm
For those of us excluded by our TV and Internet providers, is there another way to watch a replay of this?  Link please!

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/54d293a1e4b07c4782e50de4

onebadrubi

Quote from: red_beard_82 on February 04, 2015, 04:06:07 pm
Thanks for clarifying that.  Pulled was my word.  I wasn't sure exactly what he was saying.  That makes more sense.

No biggie, just didn't want to mislead anyone that didn't get the chance to watch. 

reddogjcss

GalaHawg

Did you guys notice that most of our players are coming from two-parent households? This is a good explanation for the lack of off-the-field issues we are seeing at UA since CBB took control. It was also impressive that CBB knew all the parent names by heart.

flowermoundstan

Quote from: GalaHawg on February 05, 2015, 01:40:31 pm
Did you guys notice that most of our players are coming from two-parent households? This is a good explanation for the lack of off-the-field issues we are seeing at UA since CBB took control. It was also impressive that CBB knew all the parent names by heart.

pointed that out to my dad this morning