Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boo Williams

Started by yraciv, February 01, 2015, 10:12:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Right now on ESPN special about Seau.  Contemplated suicide in 2010.  Slept under a railroad track for 2 days before laying down on the tracks, but thankfully he didn't go through with it.  This was the first I've heard of this. Sad!

HoggusMaximus

Wait boo was on the tracks or seau.

gawntrail

Quote from: yraciv on February 01, 2015, 10:12:57 am
Right now on ESPN special about Seau.  Contemplated suicide in 2010.  Slept under a railroad track for 2 days before laying down on the tracks, but thankfully he didn't go through with it.  This was the first I've heard of this. Sad!

My understanding is he was in a lot of pain those last few years.  I think his emotional and mental state were eroding as well. 

yraciv

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on February 01, 2015, 11:05:06 am
Wait boo was on the tracks or seau.

Boo was on the tracks.  Seau took his own life 3 years ago.  The piece was just talking about mental issues like that in NFL athletes, and Boo was one they interviewed who overcame it.

WardamnHOGGLE

February 01, 2015, 04:30:59 pm #4 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:45:03 pm by WardamnHOGGLE
Not good.

Sooiepride

I took an art studio class  with him and about 5 other students about 15 years ago.  Seemed like a pretty good dude. Couldn't draw very good, but a good dude.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

bruisemeister

He was on an episode of Dog The Bounty Hunter recently. He was working with some local unit working with Dog.

bulldog04

He now has a bounty hunter business so hopefully he's okay now.

bruisemeister

I doubt he is reading this but Razorback nation loves him. There are some great Boo Williams memories.  There would have never been a "Stoerner to Lucas with Polyduras in motion" if it wasn't for Boo. Tennessee just took a 24-14 lead midway through the third quarter to silence the Hog crowd. Stoerner hit Boo on a pass and he out ran the Vol defender and stretched his body just over the goal line for a spectacular 39 yard touchdown to give the Hogs hopes.  He also caught a winning 79 yard pass late in the game against Boise the following year. He was our main offensive threat that year posting some good numbers. He then had a nice career with the Saints as a Tight End(another Hog who played a different position at college under Nutt).
He was and still is a True Razorback!!!!!!

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 01, 2015, 10:00:56 pm
He now has a bounty hunter business so hopefully he's okay now.

New show, "Hog the Bounty Hunter!"  :)

secfan30

Quote from: bruisemeister on February 02, 2015, 02:50:19 am
I doubt he is reading this but Razorback nation loves him. There are some great Boo Williams memories.  There would have never been a "Stoerner to Lucas with Polyduras in motion" if it wasn't for Boo. Tennessee just took a 24-14 lead midway through the third quarter to silence the Hog crowd. Stoerner hit Boo on a pass and he out ran the Vol defender and stretched his body just over the goal line for a spectacular 39 yard touchdown to give the Hogs hopes.  He also caught a winning 79 yard pass late in the game against Boise the following year. He was our main offensive threat that year posting some good numbers. He then had a nice career with the Saints as a Tight End(another Hog who played a different position at college under Nutt).
He was and still is a True Razorback!!!!!!

I agree...

Kid was a beast. Tossed around a Boise State Defender in Litte Rock, what 2-3 times on his way to a long TD.

My dad told me he saw him on Dog, so I hope he is good now.

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Guys like edelman will end up like Wayne chrebet.... unable to construct a proper sentence in "retirement".

Will be interesting to see how all of it ends.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 02, 2015, 07:45:02 pm
Guys like edelman will end up like Wayne chrebet.... unable to construct a proper sentence in "retirement".

Will be interesting to see how all of it ends.

Can you imagine what Welker is going to be like?  They should force him to retire.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Pudgepork

agree.   Welker was always fun to watch play and he was a true fighter.   However,  there isn't going to be enough pain pills to help him go through his 40's and 50's etc