Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impressive Crowd...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, September 30, 2017, 02:35:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

I was there,  and I didn't expect near that many people.  Sure, it wasn't a sell out or anything,  but there was a lot more people than I expected.  I don't think most fans have given up on this team.

Great win!  No matter who the opponent (and they were not a bad team at all)  A win still feels good.  Hopefully,  this will give the team some much needed confidence going forward.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Tusks

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 02:35:03 pm
I was there,  and I didn't expect near that many people.  Sure, it wasn't a sell out or anything,  but there was a lot more people than I expected.  I don't think most fans have given up on this team.

Great win!  No matter who the opponent (and they were not a bad team at all)  A win still feels good.  Hopefully,  this will give the team some much needed confidence going forward.

How were the concession lines?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 02:37:38 pm

How were the concession lines?

Not too bad at all.  Not as bad as the TCU game.  My daughter and I were able to make it to the concessions and back pretty quickly.  We only had to wait for a short time.  It wasn't bad.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

LRHawg

Everyone must have bailed early, because the lower bowl looked about half-full, early in the 4th quarter.

jst01

I'm curious to see crowd for Auburn when record will most likely be 2-4. Hopefully they don't hit the hogs with another 11am game

oldhog63

elksnort

Unfortunately many of the students stayed at tailgate parties instead of attending to the game

Athog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 02:35:03 pm

Good crowd! I was there as well!

hogblitz

What is an objective number for the attendance?

LZH

Quote from: hogblitz on September 30, 2017, 02:52:11 pm
What is an objective number for the attendance?

"All available tickets were sold."

Hawg414

if that crowd was impressive, then so has been every crowd in LR since it has become apparent they soon wont be playing there anymore.  but ironically, we dont have a dozen threads about how empty and embarrassing the crowd looked on tv.  makes it pretty evident to me where the bulk of the bitching about crowds comes from.  they're all on mute today.

hogblitz

Quote from: LZH on September 30, 2017, 02:53:32 pm
"All available tickets were sold."
I am just wondering how many attended.  Not tickets purchased. 

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: parallaxpig on September 30, 2017, 02:58:47 pm
Not counting those watching on TV how many were in the stadium?

sowmonella

60,000 to 62,000 would be a good guess.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moses_007

The stadium looked about a third empty on TV.

revolution

I was there (thanks to the Hogville member who sold me discount tickets), and I thought it was about 80% full at peak.

AirWarren

Quote from: moses_007 on September 30, 2017, 03:17:12 pm

Rewatching the game now. Found other stuff to do.

The emptiness of the stadium is pathetic but not surprised.

I myself turned down 4 free tickets and a park pass.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: elksnort on September 30, 2017, 02:44:48 pm
Unfortunately many of the students stayed at tailgate parties instead of attending to the game

You must be serious...I was going to ask the question WHERE WERE THE STUDENTS?

Early, the shot of the east upper deck—south end sections—was empty. Then later, the lower level student section, near the band, was very thin. I kept thinking, it's a beautiful Fall day in northwest Arkansas and we have an opponent we can beat...what a nice afternoon to be in the stadium.

Is this the "attention issue with kids these days" problem? That's very sad. They just couldn't pause their party fun for 3 hours, go to the game, then pick back up at 2:30?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: AP85 on September 30, 2017, 03:21:09 pm
Rewatching the game now. Found other stuff to do.

I myself turned down 4 free tickets and a park pass.

The stadium wasn't empty at all.  As I said,  It was an impressive crowd for an 11:00 am game against New Mexico State. Most fans have not given up on this team.

Hog Pharm

It wasn't. Late arriving crowd. I'd say around 65,000.

moses_007

If we lose the next two road games to go 0-3 in the SEC, I wouldn't expect over a half full stadium for Auburn.

Kevin

on tv it did not look anywhere near 65,000
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gangstaback

I saw somewhere the announced attendance was 70,000 ... must have counted the construction crew and the media.

jst01

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 03:24:02 pm
The stadium wasn't empty at all.  As I said,  It was an impressive crowd for an 11:00 am game against New Mexico State. Most fans have not given up on this team.

Lost all faith in coach =/= give up on watching games. It's entertainment, not a stamp of approval.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: parallaxpig on September 30, 2017, 02:58:47 pm

The two construction cameras provide a good idea of the crowd.  60K looks very reasonable.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: jst01 on September 30, 2017, 03:33:08 pm
Lost all faith in coach =/= give up on watching games. It's entertainment, not a stamp of approval.

So now you are going assume the operation of all the fans minds that were at the game?  You have no idea why they were there, and what they were thinking.  Fans at games is supporting the team, period.  You sound like you are bitter because we didn't lose,  and they were not holding up Fire Bielema signs in the stands.  I suggest you get over it.  There was a nice crowd, whether you like it or not.

factchecker

Quote from: Hawg414 on September 30, 2017, 02:53:48 pm
if that crowd was impressive, then so has been every crowd in LR since it has become apparent they soon wont be playing there anymore.  but ironically, we dont have a dozen threads about how empty and embarrassing the crowd looked on tv.  makes it pretty evident to me where the bulk of the bitching about crowds comes from.  they're all on mute today.

Razorback Stadium EASILY doubled what was in waste management stadium earlier this year.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greasy_corner

Quote from: gangstaback on September 30, 2017, 03:32:13 pm
I saw somewhere the announced attendance was 70,000 ... must have counted the construction crew and the media.

Actually, I think they do.  Also count the teams.     

moses_007

No way it was 70K.

jst01

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 03:41:18 pm
So now you are going assume the operation of all the fans minds that were at the game?  You have no idea why they were there, and what they were thinking.  Fans at games is supporting the team, period.  You sound like you are bitter because the stands we didn't lose. 

I really don't care either way. I'll just say that if you stopped 1,000 fans as they left that game and asked them what the offensive coordinators name is, or name one linebacker, 400+ wouldn't have a clue. It's something fun to do.

Hawg414

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2017, 03:42:10 pm
Razorback Stadium EASILY doubled what was in waste management stadium earlier this year.

what??  you mean a 72k capacity stadium on a beautiful fall saturday afternoon against a decent opponent outnumbered a 52k capacity stadium against a high school team on a thursday evening during rush hour traffic when hurricane weather had been predicted for over a week beforehand??  ya dont say.

it didnt double the attendance. it certainly didnt EASILY double the attendance.  and either way, it looked equally "empty and embarrassing" as the game in Waste Management Stadium earlier in the year. 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: moses_007 on September 30, 2017, 03:44:41 pm
No way it was 70K.

It wasn't ...I know the UofA announced 70, but it was only 75% full before halftime, and got thinner after that ... It took nearly the entire first quarter for the crowd to reach its maximum, and after half it began to thin out considerably ... maybe due to the score, maybe due to other things. There was a really weird vibe in the stadium today - felt like the atmosphere was forced and faked, the interest strained...kind of like watching a tv show with canned laughter.

I saw more people around me talking with each other and snapping selfies than I did engaged in the play on the field, but again - may have been the score, may have been the product on the field. I still have a headache from the PA volume...

WilsonHog

For an 11:00 a.m. game, I appreciated that they had coffee available. The free Krispy Kreme doughnuts were a nice touch, too.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 30, 2017, 04:01:47 pm
For an 11:00 a.m. game, I appreciated that they had coffee available. The free Krispy Kreme doughnuts were a nice touch, too.

What?!? Now I'm pissed ... I was told the donuts were only for A Club members!

factchecker

Agreed.  They started passing the doughnuts in the SOC and we actually were turning them away.

I think someone took a box over to the student section.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gangstaback

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 30, 2017, 04:01:08 pm
It wasn't ...I know the UofA announced 70, but it was only 75% full before halftime, and got thinner after that ... It took nearly the entire first quarter for the crowd to reach its maximum, and after half it began to thin out considerably ... maybe due to the score, maybe due to other things. There was a really weird vibe in the stadium today - felt like the atmosphere was forced and faked, the interest strained...kind of like watching a tv show with canned laughter.

I saw more people around me talking with each other and snapping selfies than I did engaged in the play on the field, but again - may have been the score, may have been the product on the field. I still have a headache from the PA volume...

This happens when it is not the normal ticket holders attending. Sounds like a lot of folks gave away their tickets for this weekend, which makes sense given the rival and time of day. Hard to be drummed up for a powerhouse like NM State.

The 70k announcement is a joke though and if it is coming from the University (I just saw it on twitter) it is sad. I suppose the donuts were to lure in the tailgaters to drive up the attendance, if this statement is even real...

N HOG

Quote from: sowmonella on September 30, 2017, 03:17:03 pm
60,000 to 62,000 would be a good guess.

I was there....I would call this a NWA estimate.

Laughable.

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 03:31:59 pm
on tv it did not look anywhere near 65,000

They showed it multiple times in the 2nd quarter. The corner of the upper deck on the east side and the student section which is on the east side we empty. However, the west side was nearly completely full, and lower east side bowl excluding the student section was full. Definitely 60,000-65,000.

Quote from: N HOG on September 30, 2017, 04:08:59 pm
I was there....I would call this a NWA estimate.

Laughable.
Which side did you sit on? If you sat on the west side, looking at the east I could see why you said that. The west side was nearly completely full, even the upper deck. The south endzone was full, too.

sowmonella

Quote from: jry04 on September 30, 2017, 04:29:57 pm
They showed it multiple times in the 2nd quarter. The corner of the upper deck on the east side and the student section which is on the east side we empty. However, the west side was nearly completely full, and lower east side bowl excluding the student section was full. Definitely 60,000-65,000.

Which side did you sit on? If you sat on the west side, looking at the east I could see why you said that. The west side was nearly completely full, even the upper deck. The south endzone was full, too.
He wasn't there.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hog.goblin

Quote from: AP85 on September 30, 2017, 03:21:09 pm

Horsecrap.  Your hate for NWA is getting old.

hog.goblin

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2017, 04:05:03 pm
Agreed.  They started passing the doughnuts in the SOC and we actually were turning them away.

I think someone took a box over to the student section.

We polished off a box on our row, but there were 4 kids on our row

Tusks

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 30, 2017, 04:04:32 pm
What?!? Now I'm pissed ... I was told the donuts were only for A Club members!

Only for the illuminate

Tusks

Auburn will still have good attendance.  Coastal, MSU and Mizz will tell the tape.

N HOG

I sat on the West side. There were lots of empty seats around us. There were clearly lots of empty seats scattered in the SEZ.

If you want to believe there were 65k people there, it's fine with me. I'm not going to argue it.

But surely everyone will agree we've got attendance, and especially fan intensity, issues.

It was a blase' atmosphere.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on September 30, 2017, 02:44:48 pm

Yep, our Dad's Day was at JJ's, about 50+ in there that didn't make it to the stadium.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Hawg414 on September 30, 2017, 02:53:48 pm

That's because it was a good crowd and it looked good on TV.  Maybe if you had HD you'd have been able to tell.

ricepig

You do know that each section in the upper deck holds about 600? Do the math and try again.

ricepig

That's tickets sold, that's always going to be the announced attendance.