Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath Calling Games Now?

Started by NuttinItUp, March 21, 2015, 11:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Just turned on the NIT game (Alabama at Miami) on ESPN. It is halftime, but they have Stan Heath on there at the media table at the game. I assume he is doing the color commentary. (I would assume he is not doing the play-by-play.)

Have I just missed it and is he doing the media thing now?

NuttinItUp

Well they just started play again, and he is doing the color commentary for this game.

Interesting..

lefty08

He has done at least 1 of our games this year
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

NuttinItUp

He is actually pretty good.
Also, I didn't realize Alabama's coach had been dismissed. They are doing pretty well with an assistant as the interim head coach.

Adam Stokes

He did a lot of commentary for WCC games this year, so he did a lot of BYU games.  You'd be surprised how much of a personality he actually has.

NuttinItUp

I'd much rather listen to him than John Pelphrey.

bulldog04

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 21, 2015, 11:36:40 am
I'd much rather listen to him than John Pelphrey.
I'd much rather have him coaching the hogs than Pelphrey

Pignominious

Glad he's landed on his feet. In hindsight, he came into a very difficult situation at Arkansas. I never wished him ill. Pelphrey was the one who really left us in a bad way. Heath's players went to three straight NCAA tourneys. I didn't like the way we played under Heath but he did get us back to postseason play. Pelphrey's tenure was a disaster once Heath's players left.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 21, 2015, 11:32:40 am
He did a lot of commentary for WCC games this year, so he did a lot of BYU games.  You'd be surprised how much of a personality he actually has.
I agree. He has a pleasant demeanor and good basketball insights.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

intelligence

Quote from: lefty08 on March 21, 2015, 11:07:34 am
He has done at least 1 of our games this year

Do you remember which game it was? I wanna say it was the Tennessee game

YodaHog

rude1

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 21, 2015, 11:32:40 am
This^^. I was surprised with how stiff he was as a coach how well he does as a color commentator. I think he has a much brighter future in broadcasting as opposed to coaching.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rude1 on March 21, 2015, 12:11:48 pm
This^^. I was surprised with how stiff he was as a coach how well he does as a color commentator. I think he has a much brighter future in broadcasting as opposed to coaching.
I wonder if he is still planning on going back to coaching or has resigned himself to this?