Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Win-Win

Started by WilsonHog, March 20, 2015, 04:51:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

If we beat the Tar Heels, we've had a great season. Lose, and we've had a very good one.

It's been a fun ride.

opineonswine

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2015, 04:51:46 pm
If we beat the Tar Heels, we've had a great season. Lose, and we've had a very good one.

It's been a fun ride.

Only time I've really cared about the NCAAT in a long time.  Mike is to be applauded for getting us headed in the right direction. 

PorkSoda

no doubt.  I think we have a good shot at getting to the sweet 16.  its been a long time.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jgphillips3

We are in position and a legitimate threat to make the Sweet 16.  Advancing to the Round of 32 makes this a successful season.  Everything else from here on out is gravy.  However, I'm a little starved from the last 7 years so pile that dang gravy on please!

HiggiePiggy

It has been a roller coaster watching them.  Would love to see Portis and qualls come back.   Would like to see the full potential that this program can be at.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Ugly Uncle

This has been an exciting year.  I want one more win.  After that...I'll want one more win.

This has been a great year and I agree with you Wilson...this is a win-win for us. 
Retired Radio Host

rlamb

Been a great year. Beating NC would top it off

rude1

Been a very successful and fun year. A lot of demons have been exorcised along the way this season. Can't win on the road, check. Can't win in the SEC tournament, check. Can't make it to the big dance, check. Can't win in the big dance, check. This team has managed to get the ship back on course already and there is still more opportunity left out there in front of them.

carolinahogger

UNC has been an up and down team this year.  We can beat them.

HSVhogfan2

It's been a ball. Getting a good bowl trip and a good NCAA weekend is as good as a sports fan could ever hope for.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

daBoar

I give MA a lot of credit for getting the team into this position.  Portis has made remarkable progress in the year, Qualls is a different player than he was in his first game three years ago, and there's just not much other SEC talent to work with.  Yet, they play as a team, and they are vastly better than the team that lost to Clemson in December.

A very good coaching job, and the future looks quite positive.

regi

March 20, 2015, 06:13:55 pm #11 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:40:43 pm by regi
Good year now, a win over UNC makes it better however. I think it is our turn to win this one. May-Day won in 90, UNC won in 93, we won again in 94 and Carolina in 08. It is our turn. btw, the winner of everyone of these games, went to the Final Four. Just saying (We also won the final four matchup of 95.)

Kevin

Playing in a Saturday/ Sunday game in the ncaa's should be the minimum each year   Now win, and you make year's special
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Lanny

Fantastic season win or lose tomorrow
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hollywood_HOGan45

I feel the Same although getting the program back to the sweet 16 would be an awsome topper to this season.

I think we have a great shot. Carolina is anything but unbeatable.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on March 20, 2015, 05:38:41 pm
Been a very successful and fun year. A lot of demons have been exorcised along the way this season. Can't win on the road, check. Can't win in the SEC tournament, check. Can't make it to the big dance, check. Can't win in the big dance, check. This team has managed to get the ship back on course already and there is still more opportunity left out there in front of them.
Exactly.....

It shut up a lot of the naysayers.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on March 20, 2015, 06:36:58 pm
Exactly.....

It shut up a lot of the naysayers.
That game thread last night...  ::)

Dominicanhog

Awesome job by CMA and the guys but it's  going to be vs KY  for 3rd time... Hogs win vs. unc 76-73. :razorback:

40minutesofhellBlitzkrieg

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2015, 04:51:46 pm

It's been a fun ride.

Wilson, I obviously know that you utterly LOATHE me, but I like the cut of you jib.  I also agree with the sentiment expressed in your post.  Well-done, sir. Kudos.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Danny J

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 20, 2015, 06:40:04 pm
That game thread last night...  ::)
Yeah...I don't have a problem with people complaining about things going on in the game like "man...if this guy or that guy didn't foul there or we should have fouled there or he shouldn't have shot that, etc..." but to come out with "we are never going to be good, this is streetball, CMA has no idea what to do, we should hire greg Marshal, etc...." that stuff is over the top.

pondwater jack

I always felt like if we could get past our first game we'd have a shot to make the sweet 16.

J holly blasingame ii
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

AWHAWG

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 20, 2015, 05:33:06 pm
This has been an exciting year.  I want one more win.  After that...I'll want one more win.

This has been a great year and I agree with you Wilson...this is a win-win for us.
yes know what you mean it's a drug!! And I am hooked

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

arkansasrazorback

I started caring about Razorback athletics in 2000.  I was 12.  I have never ever got to feel the excitement and build up for the next weekend of tourney play.  I want that now.

40minutesofhellBlitzkrieg

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on March 20, 2015, 08:41:52 pm
I started caring about Razorback athletics in 2000.  I was 12.  I have never ever got to feel the excitement and build up for the next weekend of tourney play.  I want that now.

You should have been a fan back in the late 80's and early 90's son. you really missed out.  :-[