Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats! Good win!

Started by vandybuff, March 20, 2015, 10:03:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

IMO, since everyone below the 3 seeds are evenly matched, "great win"!  Good luck Saturday!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

HawgnCorona

Thanks, Vandy good too see you posting...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

vandybuff

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 20, 2015, 10:08:53 am
Thanks, Vandy good too see you posting...
Thank you ... and since I only won 9 of 16 games yesterday, I suddenly have a lot of time to post - hahaha! 
But .... I did pick AR .... but (with respect) I am glad that Wofford did not put AR on the line more .... not the hogs best night for freethrows.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: vandybuff on March 20, 2015, 10:13:51 am
Thank you ... and since I only won 9 of 16 games yesterday, I suddenly have a lot of time to post - hahaha! 
But .... I did pick AR .... but (with respect) I am glad that Wofford did not put AR on the line more .... not the hogs best night for freethrows.

Well, you could not have done any worse than others. Yesterday was a testament to how tough it is for anyone really in the first round.

Even though we dont get much credit for our half court game, we do well in it. And close games we had plenty of those this yr...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

vandybuff

I agree ... and I do give you credit for being possibly the most athletic team in the country. 

HawgnCorona

I cant wait until we get UK at home next year...with more pieces to do damage. Having a top shelf athletes in our system is premium. We can remember the early 90s still...

vandybuff

Do you think Portis will stay?

HawgnCorona

Quote from: vandybuff on March 20, 2015, 10:34:19 am
Do you think Portis will stay?

I do think he will. Why? Because I think he came here with a purpose in mind. And I dont think he has finished his goals he sat for himself...Now he could change his goals, but i think he stays...

Think about all that Corliss accomplished while here...Corliss is his role model.

vandybuff

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 20, 2015, 10:50:28 am
I do think he will. Why? Because I think he came here with a purpose in mind. And I dont think he has finished his goals he sat for himself...Now he could change his goals, but i think he stays...

Think about all that Corliss accomplished while here...Corliss is his role model.
I think he would be wise to stay; imo due to the NBA essentially recruiting world wide from age 18 and up, it is a very difficult step to make - for anyone.  Now, if he wants to go pro "somewhere", that is do-able.

intelligence

thanks, we'll see you guys here too next year, hmm?

vandybuff

Guys - I gotta go -- all the best against UNC.

As to "we'll see you" ... hopefully, but then again, sometimes I think our mbb and wbb programs are like junior colleges:  after a couple years, the kids seem to wander away.  :)

FaytownHog

Quote from: vandybuff on March 20, 2015, 10:57:54 am
I think he would be wise to stay; imo due to the NBA essentially recruiting world wide from age 18 and up, it is a very difficult step to make - for anyone.  Now, if he wants to go pro "somewhere", that is do-able.
He's listed in just about everyone's 1st round mock drafts. He'd be fine in making it to the NBA if he left this year. Would he be more improved and NBA ready if he stayed another year? Absolutely. Doesn't mean he should though. He could also get hurt and miss out on a lot of money. I support the kid, no matter what he chooses to do. Proud he's a hog!

hawgdavis

We did the only thing that matters in this tournament we won. Next

reddogjcss

Finding a way to win. Thank u Lord for the win.