Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Qualls is a beast

Started by hawgmasta, March 20, 2015, 01:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

Title says it all. Guy hits what 88% of his shots, thows down dirty dirty dunks and has that energy the entire game. Portis didn't score as much, he was dominant on the boards. Qualls was our spark and the guy that Arkansas basketball should be about.

thirtythree

he needs to stop posing after his dunks though. He was late back on D tonight after the last one and his guy hit a 3.

I love him though. Great energy and heart.

hogninja

He is going to break every bone in his body and destroy every ligament in his knees and ankles.  Given that, he is a dynamo that keeps us in the game. Go Hogs!  :razorback:

rusvegashog

He's a winner that never quits and has continued to get better and better. I've been a vested fan since 1985 and he's one of my favorites to have ever donned the Razorback uni. And not because he's a beast all though he is, but because he refuses to throw in the towell and have a good bleed. You got a big heart lionheart( a little Van Dammage). Plus his post game comments were on point and he gave credit where credit was due. Big ups.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: thirtythree on March 20, 2015, 01:39:11 am
he needs to stop posing after his dunks though. He was late back on D tonight after the last one and his guy hit a 3.

saw that, and yes it did hurt....but if anyone on the team deserved to showboat after a monster dunk and not get back quickly, it's Qualls...if not for Qualls, the Hogs would have been down double digits at halftime...and when you are down 10 or more in a game that finishes in the 50's, it's like being behind 25 in a fast paced game....Qualls literally and figuratively saved our bacon tonight...all hail to "Mr. Walk On Air"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

1highhog

Qualls has matured a lot and I really liked how well spoken he was in his interview at the end of the game, his game was not the only thing well polished tonight, gave a great interview and was gracious to Worford and should how a potential professional handles and interview.

HOGINTENNESSEE

jgphillips3

Qualls is getting better and better all the time.  He slashes.  He dunks.  He hits threes.  He hits his free throws.  He plays D.  His decision making just keeps getting more and more solid.  He is playing his way onto my all time favorite list.  He reminds me a lot of Darrell Hawkins who was that same guy as a senior when Corliss and Scotty were freshmen.

batesvillepharmer

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 20, 2015, 04:02:38 am
saw that, and yes it did hurt....but if anyone on the team deserved to showboat after a monster dunk and not get back quickly, it's Qualls...if not for Qualls, the Hogs would have been down double digits at halftime...and when you are down 10 or more in a game that finishes in the 50's, it's like being behind 25 in a fast paced game....Qualls literally and figuratively saved our bacon tonight...all hail to "Mr. Walk On Air"
Agree & not to make excuse but I think he thought they called a foul on that shot. I thought I heard a whistle on TV too as he was going up.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 1highhog on March 20, 2015, 04:54:18 am
Qualls has matured a lot and I really liked how well spoken he was in his interview at the end of the game, his game was not the only thing well polished tonight, gave a great interview and was gracious to Worford and should how a potential professional handles and interview.

I thought about his early interviews... and I could have sworn CMA gave a proud smile/nod at MQ  as he walked away from the interview.. MQ presented himself very well....

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 20, 2015, 07:59:56 am
I thought about his early interviews... and I could have sworn CMA gave a proud smile/nod at MQ  as he walked away from the interview.. MQ presented himself very well....

He was always capable on the court. Off the court, he has improved immeasurably.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

TNhawgfan

My favorite player on this team by far. Love qualls and yes, he is a freakin beast!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Iceman

He showed why guards/swingmen are so important in the NCAAT. Its not like Portis wasn't trying to give the same effort. Its just a lot tougher for post guys in the NCAAT, especially if you don't have three point threats to spread out the D.

JayBell

He picked a great time to have one of his best all around games as a Razorback.

WooPig90

As long as he stays, he is gonna be a beast next year with another year under his belt and a playmaker guard coming

V-town Hog

He enshrined himself for me, when asked about playing such a good program UNC. First thing out of his mouth, "Well Arkansas is a great program too."(paraphrasing)

hawgmasta

That interview definitely shows he has matured quite a bit. We need that leadership next year; and if he continues to practice ball handling and defense I could see him getting drafted. His athleticism is good enough and his intangibles (leadership, maturity, obviously practicing and listening to coaching) will make him wanted by a few teams.

That is if he keeps improving all those criteria.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: thirtythree on March 20, 2015, 01:39:11 am

Agreed. Stop posing for the camera. You are doing really well...You have started to reach your full potential. The sky is the limit once he gets his FOOTWORK right...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PonderinHog

He's a baaaaaaad maaaaaaaaan!

HawgnCorona

The Dynamic Duo...Qualls and Portis.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

bigred223

If he comes back next year, I think he will play himself into a nice spot in the NBA draft.

HawgTrough

that was an epic performance last night. I'll never forget it Mr. Qualls
WPS

AWHAWG

Was at his high school yesterday, all I heard was what a good student he was, honor student. They said he was a good basketball player too. I am not surprised to hear his articulate interview.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HawgTrough on March 20, 2015, 12:15:48 pm
that was an epic performance last night. I'll never forget it Mr. Qualls

He did put on a show lat night, but most where fixated on how BP was doing--or not doing.