Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got OUTCOaCHED??

Started by blyhog, March 19, 2015, 11:25:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blyhog

I am so tired of some of you folks with that mess.What exactly is that Code talk for????? We just won our first NCAA Tourney game in forever and we got OUTCOACHED.....say what you really feel. Or just be quiet and enjoy the ride or we could ask Dana Altman,John Pelphrey or Stan Heath to come back.NO WONDER ASHLEY JUDD wants to press charges SOME OF OUR FAN BASE can be quantatively Psychotic or just Biased for whatever the real reason that must be!!!! GREAT WIN TO A GREAT COACH AND TEAM Congrats Coach Anderson  Woo Pig

sickboy

We didn't get out coached. You don't get out coached when you're losing at half time and end up winning the game. That's the exact opposite of being out coached.

AWHAWG

Quote from: blyhog on March 19, 2015, 11:25:15 pm
I am so tired of some of you folks with that mess.What exactly is that Code talk for????? We just won our first NCAA Tourney game in forever and we got OUTCOACHED.....say what you really feel. Or just be quiet and enjoy the ride or we could ask Dana Altman,John Pelphrey or Stan Heath to come back by.NO WONDER ASHLEY JUDD wants to press charges SOME OF OUR FAN BASE can be quantatively Psychotic or just Biased for whatever the real reason that must be!!!! GREAT WIN TO A GREAT COACH AND TEAM Congrats Coach Anderson  Woo Pig
Well said.

rtr

Some of our fans and posters try so hard to appear objective and cerebral but they always fall short.  Great win for the Hogs.  I predict a win Saturday over North Carolina. Screw the Negative Nancies.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

blyhog

Quote from: sickboy on March 19, 2015, 11:27:20 pm
We didn't get out coached. You don't get out coached when you're losing at half time and end up winning the game. That's the exact opposite of being out coached.                                   
That's exactly my thoughts but some people would rather call CMA out every chance from the looks of other threads
[/quote]

Shoat

I'll take an outcoached tourney win every time.

Danny J

Exactly.....

We just ran into a team that was tournament experienced and knew what it took to win and we just beat them. I bet Baylor and ISU would love to trade places.

The Boar War

Our goal is to get into the legs of the players so they don't have the strength to hit threes at the end of the game; so their leading scorer goes 0-8 down the stretch.  It wasn't pretty for 35 minutes but we definitely weren't out coached.

Breems

If you lose, you are outcoached. If you win, you outcoached them.

The average basketball fan can't comprehend much more than that, so that's the formula they stick with.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

blyhog

Quote from: Danny J on March 19, 2015, 11:30:21 pm
Exactly.....

We just ran into a team that was tournament experienced and knew what it took to win and we just beat them. I bet Baylor and ISU would love to trade places.
THIS ^^

LSPRazorbac

Well preparing for a team is part of coaching and I will say Wofford was much better prepared for us than we were for them.

BrooklynRoss

Brilliantly coached game. Subs and time outs were spot on. Adjustments were made that won us the game. Wofford only lost six games all year. Now make it seven.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Rawker

My God.  Can we get Ashley Judd to press charges on the OP.  We won, hilltard.

hawgfan4life

Don't you know better?  We only got lucky they missed those shots and it was poor coaching that allowed them to get the shots.  Rookies!

al2305

It's easy to look like we re getting outcoached when theyre making shots and we arent.  Their little all-world guard was unconscious in the first half until he ran outta gas in the second.  Portis missed shots most of the game he usually makes. 

When u overcome an off game by your star player in this tournament coaching has a lot to do with it.

Letsroll1200

Baylor, SMU and Iowa state wish they where out coaches today!

Atlhogfan1

The perception is there because this wasn't a matchup of comparable players in terms of talent, athleticism or size(I don't agree with the perception for the record).  Wofford played great defensively and had a solid game plan especially in the first half in guarding the post.  Their help defense was on time when we went inside.  Deep into this game, Portis was an almost non factor and Qualls had 6 FGA's.  And Wofford didn't turn the ball over.  They were well prepared.  But they also seemed to be so concerned with not turning it over and about our size and athleticism blocking their shots they passed up some good looks and rushed others.  They threw up some inside that had no prayer. 

Coach A's coaching was solid.  Our defense was as active as it has been all season.  Under 5 left out of a timeout, we got Madden an open layup and had a couple of great defensive possessions.  He also made it a point to get the ball to Portis down the stretch. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LSPRazorbac

Not complaining about Anderson.

BUT give Wofford's coach his due.  He had his team ready and a heck of a game plan.  We just had more talent down the stretch.

IMHO, Wofford's coach edged Anderson out tonight in the coaching department we just had a deeper and more athletic team.

The Boar War

Quote from: theenemy on March 19, 2015, 11:31:49 pm
Well preparing for a team is part of coaching and I will say Wofford was much better prepared for us than we were for them.

Good.  Their coach can prepare a scouting report for every remaining team in the tournament.  He certainly has the time.  We currently only have time for one.

beachhog

I think we all have different views on the game. I'm glad we won big time.  I also think that we can play good half-court defense too at times and would like to get Kingsley in there with Portis.

al2305

Quote from: Kevin on March 19, 2015, 11:33:48 pm
Never out coached

Im sure you could do a better job.  Its a win in the tourney.  Hasnt happened in a while here.  Best season in the last 10-15+ yrs yet you're still complaining.  People like you need to be duh-duh-duh-leted

RedBird5

Quote from: rtr on March 19, 2015, 11:28:53 pm
Some of our fans and posters try so hard to appear objective and cerebral but they always fall short.  Great win for the Hogs.  I predict a win Saturday over North Carolina. Screw the Negative Nancies.

You nailed it! These people think it makes them sound more intelligent, but it does quite the opposite.   Everyone knows that one guy who has to be contrarian on EVERY issue.   So annoying and they have no idea how much people hate it

High Octane Hog

March 19, 2015, 11:47:57 pm #23 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:49:31 am by High Octane Hog
Quote from: blyhog on March 19, 2015, 11:25:15 pm
I am so tired of some of you folks with that mess.What exactly is that Code talk for????? We just won our first NCAA Tourney game in forever and we got OUTCOACHED.....say what you really feel. Or just be quiet and enjoy the ride or we could ask Dana Altman,John Pelphrey or Stan Heath to come back.NO WONDER ASHLEY JUDD wants to press charges SOME OF OUR FAN BASE can be quantatively Psychotic or just Biased for whatever the real reason that must be!!!! GREAT WIN TO A GREAT COACH AND TEAM Congrats Coach Anderson  Woo Pig

Right on!
Seriously, where do these people crawl out of, lol!
Bunch of whiners!

navyhog24

Quote from: theenemy on March 19, 2015, 11:40:50 pm

BUT give Wofford's coach his due.  He had his team ready and a heck of a game plan.  We just had more talent down the stretch.

IMHO, Wofford's coach edged Anderson out tonight in the coaching department we just had a deeper and more athletic team.

If you watched the beginning of the game, the TV crew said that our staff hadn't even done a scouting report on Wofford until a few hours before the game

-Blu

CMA said this at his presser, and I don't think a lot of people understand this, but the all the pressure is on top seed team.  Wofford has nothing to lose, just by making the tournament their season has been a great success, Arkansas, we're expected to get in the tournament and win. 

And those that are saying CMA was outcoached, that's really funny.  Anybody that watched the game could tell our guys were very tense at the beginning of the game, Portis, was like this almost the entire game.  So, if your definition of "outcoaching" is our SEC player of the year was nervous and missing bunnies and free throws all throughout the game, then yea we got out coached.  And I'm not blaming anything on Portis, his bad game, is better than 95% of other people's best game, still had a double/double, but had he been his normal self he would have had 25+ points against these guys and we would have won easy.

And I'm just curious, what did Wofford's coach do that was so impressive?  Double Portis, play hard on defense, and throw up a bunch of 3s hoping to get lucky?  Yea that's some great coaching.

Kevin

Quote from: al2305 on March 19, 2015, 11:42:54 pm
Im sure you could do a better job.  Its a win in the tourney.  Hasnt happened in a while here.  Best season in the last 10-15+ yrs yet you're still complaining.  People like you need to be duh-duh-duh-leted

I am agreeing with you guys.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ishankem

Wofford is just a dang better team than some on here will admit

HSVhogfan2

They did a really good job of mixing In traps with a suffocating full court straight man defense. Forced a ton of bad shots. To Woffords credit they hit a few very tough shots.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

Both coaches did a fine job. 

Now I will say Amaker outcoached Choker Roy. ;D
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

This is what drives me crazy about this board and really the double standard of pretty much the majority of hog fans. When the football team plays bad it's BA's fault, the WR's, the fact our guys can't tackle. Maybe some CBB's fault but never do we really see CBB out coached. But when CMA loses, or wins by less than 10 we were out coached. Nothing about Portis' horrendous play, Williams, Harris, Madden, or any other player that did some really boneheaded things tonight that led to turnovers or giving up offensive rebounds.

It's really pathetic.

High Octane Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 19, 2015, 11:48:19 pm
If you watched the beginning of the game, the TV crew said that our staff hadn't even done a scouting report on Wofford until a few hours before the game
Players have said in interviews all year that more emphasis is put on the system than on a scouting report. If they do what they are supposed to at a high level then the other team cannot do what they want to do.
I believe it was Anton Beard said this just Sunday night on an interview on KNWA.

rude1

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2015, 11:31:17 pm
If you lose, you are outcoached. If you win, you outcoached them.

The average basketball fan can't comprehend much more than that, so that's the formula they stick with.
Not true, if you win then you were still outcoached you just had better athletes.

Slater

A lot of people are not very smart when it comes to evaluating if a coach is good or not.
Generally speaking, a team that slows it down, does not gamble and has that "scrappy gym rat" label, people say, man those guys are well coached!

Teams that run, press, play free flowing get the label of being undisciplined, not running and offense, being poorly coached.

This nonsense gets old, and no matter how much Nolan and now Mike win, the fools continue to run their mouths.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: High Octane Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:56:29 pm
Players have said in interviews all year that more emphasis is put on the system than on a scouting report. If they do what they are supposed to at a high level then the other team cannot do what they want to do.
I believe it was Anton Beard said this just Sunday night on an interview on KNWA.

This isn't just this year.  This was Nolan's m.o.  Make the other team worry about and spend time preparing for you and do what you do well.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: azhog10 on March 19, 2015, 11:54:46 pm
This is what drives me crazy about this board and really the double standard of pretty much the majority of hog fans. When the football team plays bad it's BA's fault, the WR's, the fact our guys can't tackle. Maybe some CBB's fault but never do we really see CBB out coached. But when CMA loses, or wins by less than 10 we were out coached. Nothing about Portis' horrendous play, Williams, Harris, Madden, or any other player that did some really boneheaded things tonight that led to turnovers or giving up offensive rebounds.

It's really pathetic.

What drives me crazy....

when posters complain about fans expressing their opinions and discussing those opinions.

WarPig88

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2015, 11:57:49 pm
This isn't just this year.  This was Nolan's m.o.  Make the other team worry about and spend time preparing for you and do what you do well.

A lot of people here would have hated John Wooden as well. He didn't prepare for other teams at all either. He was a system guy.

azhog10

Quote from: theenemy on March 19, 2015, 11:58:34 pm
What drives me crazy....

when posters complain about fans expressing their opinions and discussing those opinions.
So we should all just agree? Let's sing kumbayah and hold hands.

Atlhogfan1

I believe the poor coaching jobs of the day go to Drew and Hoiberg.  Still surprised by Hoiberg's last minute and a half.  Drew was just being Drew. 

Rawland Watson

How about give our coach some due for bringing us out of the doldrums.
hard work and dedication

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WarPig88 on March 20, 2015, 12:00:06 am
A lot of people here would have hated John Wooden as well. He didn't prepare for other teams at all either. He was a system guy.

Yep.  And now with limited practice time, you have to worry even more about what is most important to you. 

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: azhog10 on March 20, 2015, 12:00:13 am

no, discuss why you disagree instead of complaining that the person expressed their opinion.

Temprees

Wofford's record was 21-1 when leading at the half, prior to tonight's game.  Now they are 21-2 in those situations.

Atlhogfan1

The Hogs weren't the only higher seed who had pace dictated to them today.  It happens in this tournament where scoring and pace is often slower than the regular season.  Like I said earlier, UNC and Hog players will probably be happy to see each other.  Choker Roy and Coach A may lose their minds though over some of the decisions that may be made on the court.  But at least possessions will be higher which makes mistakes less critical. 

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: Rawland Watson on March 20, 2015, 12:02:25 am
How about give our coach some due for bringing us out of the doldrums.

Absolutely.

Not trashing Anderson.  His system worked in the end.

I just thought Wofford did a helluva job game planning for us and executing it.  They just didn't quite have the horsepower to finish it.

al2305

Quote from: azhog10 on March 20, 2015, 12:00:13 am

Well we made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament with a chance to make it to the sweet 16, this is our best record in 20yrs, so I guess... yeah thats exactly what we should be doing.

rude1

Quote from: theenemy on March 20, 2015, 12:06:41 am
Absolutely.

Not trashing Anderson.  His system worked in the end.

I just thought Wofford did a helluva job game planning for us and executing it.  They just didn't quite have the horsepower to finish it.
Uh huh, Wofford's biggest mistake was not attacking the press after breaking it, they were so consumed with not playing fast that they left points out there by doing this, that is NOT good coaching. The teams that have killed us are the ones who attacked our press after breaking it instead of setting up and running offense. They effectively took away some easy points they would have scored had they done this.

blyhog

And just where did this great out coaching come in from,if the Wofford outcoached anyone it was himself by not having ANY plan for the last 20 seconds but I'm Glad he did

blyhog

Quote from: azhog10 on March 19, 2015, 11:54:46 pm

It's really pathetic.
Very we'll stated my EXACT sentiment as to why I started the thread.We should enjoy having a Great Coach that gets Alot out of these players

RyanLR

Survive and advance. Notre Dame won by 4, Baylor, SMU, Iowa State, LSU, all lost by 1 points. "A raggedy ride is better than a smooth walk"-Nolan