Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LOL @ "their guard play isn't very good"

Started by CFB_Fanatic, March 19, 2015, 11:22:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

At least that's what i heard on here over and over. Then those of us that said it would be a close game got chastised. Granted, our inability to rebound kept them in it but their guards controlled most of the game. They just couldn't hit the shots down the stretch.

A win is a win, but if we don't get better on the boards UNC will beat us by 15

Breems

How many people said their guard play wasn't good?

What most had going for us was a clear size advantage which was not properly utilized.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jjdlc

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2015, 11:26:29 pm
How many people said their guard play was good?

What most had going for us was a clear size advantage which was not properly utilized.

Agreed, I don't think I ever read anywhere on here that their guard play wasn't good, in fact the opposite, many were saying how they had good ball handlers and that might be a problem for us.

The_Bionic_Pig

I sure can't  find any post that even hinted that.....so where are you getting this from????
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Quote from: jjdlc on March 19, 2015, 11:28:59 pm
Agreed, I don't think I ever read anywhere on here that their guard play wasn't good, in fact the opposite, many were saying how they had good ball handlers and that might be a problem for us.
X2

Rawland Watson

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 19, 2015, 11:22:23 pm
At least that's what i heard on here over and over. Then those of us that said it would be a close game got chastised. Granted, our inability to rebound kept them in it but their guards controlled most of the game. They just couldn't hit the shots down the stretch.

Did you watch any games today? Carolina barely won by two they're just as lucky as we are give me a break!
hard work and dedication

CFB_Fanatic

Let me get on my computer and find them. I found few to no posts discussing their guards in a positive way. Unread several (a dozen or more) saying their guard play isn't good enough to handle our pressure, they won't be able to score off the dribble, etc.

RedBird5

Quote from: Rawland Watson on March 19, 2015, 11:35:08 pm

Did you watch any games today? Carolina barely won by two they're just as lucky as we are give me a break!

Exactly!  To Harvard no less

azhog10

Not sure I would say it wasn't utlized. We tried to go to Portis the first few plays of the game and we couldn't get it in to him for a number of reasons. When we did Portis forced it way too much. We took advantage of our size late but hitting the offensive glass. Which had nothing to do with anything but effort.

razorhogLR

Quote from: RedBird5 on March 19, 2015, 11:51:13 pm
Exactly!  To Harvard no less

With 17 turnovers!  That's a droolworthy stat to see

Rawland Watson

hard work and dedication

hawginbigd1

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 19, 2015, 11:39:56 pm
Let me get on my computer and find them. I found few to no posts discussing their guards in a positive way. Unread several (a dozen or more) saying their guard play isn't good enough to handle our pressure, they won't be able to score off the dribble, etc.
I am not looking, but I saw quite a few that said they hadn't seen the kind of pressure we were going to give them, and we would win comfortably. I believe in the end our pressure did get in their legs down the stretch, but we certainly didn't win comfortably.

RazorChuck

There were a lot of convenient time outs that played in the favor of Woefford.

The_Iceman

Athog

Well that maybe but not if they played like they did against power Harvard. Harvard had that game.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Rawland Watson on March 19, 2015, 11:35:08 pm

I agree with you but I would not call our win luck. We have played close games all season long...

Superior guard play is premium come tourney time. Remember UCONN?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

WMHawgfan

I am prophetic and everyone respects my opinion. Look in the mirror and repeat that 10 times.

daprospecta

It wasn't yesterday for most of the game.  Our guards missed way too many guys rolling of the screen.