Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two 3 seeds lost tonight

Started by Breems, March 19, 2015, 11:21:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

As well as a 6 and 7. LSU and Ole Miss are also going home early.

I feel like we should all post shower selfies to confirm we washed off that dirty win, but stats and seeds and crap don't matter in these games. All I'll remember is W.

First tournament win in 7 years and an opportunity to play again Saturday! Go Hogs and thanks for continuing a great season!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

311Hog

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2015, 11:21:14 pm

I feel like we should all post shower selfies to confirm we washed off that dirty win, but stats and seeds and crap don't matter in these games. All I'll remember is W.

First tournament win in 7 years and an opportunity to play again Saturday! Go Hogs and thanks for continuing a great season!

+1 man i love matching up with UNC, a more traditional game will be played Saturday and i like our chances.

oh and we beat the #2 corndogs for our first SEC baseball win today was a good day

-Blu

I guess this is why every coach says that first game is the most important.  Our guys were NERVOUS beyond belief tonight.  Only guy that wasn't was Qualls.  Portis, I don't think I've every seen him this nervous.  Now that we got the "We're back in the NCAA Tournament" jitters out, expect to see some Hawg Ball against UNC.  I think we're going to beat them.

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

FBREW000

RazorPiggie

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 19, 2015, 11:26:18 pm
I guess this is why every coach says that first game is the most important.  Our guys were NERVOUS beyond belief tonight.  Only guy that wasn't was Qualls.  Portis, I don't think I've every seen him this nervous.  Now that we got the "We're back in the NCAA Tournament" jitters out, expect to see some Hawg Ball against UNC.  I think we're going to beat them.
I agree and think we beat them also. I just think this team has that "it" factor in close games and has gotten better at winning those games as the season went on and that is the key to winning in the big dance. You have to stay poised under pressure. Our fans, including myself, were more nervous than the players. I heard them speak after the game and they just acted like it was another day at the office. This team is tough between the ears.

lovethosehogs

Much better Match up against the Tar Heels.  I think we win another close one.  They never make it easy.   WPS!

jjdlc

Quote from: -Blu on March 19, 2015, 11:26:18 pm

Yep, Bobby didn't even play that timid last year.  Qualls looked like he wanted to single handedly tear the other team limb from limb.

elkhog

Yep.  If the Hogs hadn't won tonight, I'd be done with this tourney today.  Bracket is bleeding all over the place.
GO HOGS!!!

hoglady

Man LSU just pulled the biggest choke job of the tourney so far.
Blew a 14 point lead - missed 7 straight free throws at the end of the game and lose by 1 point on a last second shot. Chokers tonight that's for sure.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hoglady on March 19, 2015, 11:41:11 pm
Blew a 14 point lead - missed 7 straight free throws at the end of the game and lose by 1 point on a last second shot. Chokers tonight that's for sure.

Baylor

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on March 19, 2015, 11:41:11 pm
They are the most inconsistent team I have seen in a long time. If I were a LSU fan I would be pissed. They dominated for most of the game. They were the better team and lost. That is March though.

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on March 19, 2015, 11:43:30 pm
They are the most inconsistent team I have seen in a long time. If I were a LSU fan I would be pissed. They dominated for most of the game. They were the better team and lost. That is March though.

Missing 7 straight free throws at the end would just be hard to take. I watched the end of it and was just disgusted - the SEC needed that win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bigredone

Paul

Quote from: Danny J on March 19, 2015, 11:43:30 pm
Johnny Jones is turrible

gmarv

Quote from: Danny J on March 19, 2015, 11:36:55 pm
I agree and think we beat them also. I just think this team has that "it" factor in close games and has gotten better at winning those games as the season went on and that is the key to winning in the big dance. You have to stay poised under pressure. Our fans, including myself, were more nervous than the players. I heard them speak after the game and they just acted like it was another day at the office. This team is tough between the ears.
this is how I feel I just believe in our guys,they have learned how to win the close games.bring on that powder puff blue team.

The Boar War

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2015, 11:21:14 pm

All I'll remember is that you just threw in a "please send me pictures of you in the shower" request in the middle of a good post.  Like those pictures some things just can't be forgotten once they're seen.

Boarmonger

Johnnie Jones may well be terrible but I don't think he can be held responsible for missing 7 FTs in a row.  Coaches coach and players play.  May be a lot of other things he should have done but that LSU loss comes down to execution.  He pulled enough strings correctly to get the big lead.

DeltaBoy

The entire set of teams from Texas got knocked out Thursday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rzrbk4life

I don't care how we won but we got the W and that is all that matters. Let's go get another one Saturday
Let's call those hogs!!!!

The_Iceman

Breems, you are assuming the people on this board react logically and with perspective. However, we know most cannot do that. They will assume the coach on the other sideline always "outcoaches" Mike because of their preconceived opinion and viewpoint of Mike.

We won the game, that's all that matters. We have achieved what most asked Mike to do at the beginning of the year: Win one game in the NCAA tournament.

upperdeck_hawg

that's why I'm not going to complain, but if we'd have lost I would have yelled loudly to no one in particular,

BOX OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Hogsmo Kramer

I'm cool with an ugly win, I'm cool with a shined up pretty win.

Hell I'm cool with a win that looks like Danny Devito in drag!

Just win baby, that's all that franking matters in this tourney.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

311Hog

kp72204

i got my fingers crossed the rest of the way, but i also have Hoggs to sweet 16
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

MountieDawg

The regular season is about getting better every time out... NCAAT only one thing matters  SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!
SEC!

HotlantaHog

Exactly right. Survive and advance.

It is quite frequent that the eventual NCAA champion has a really close first round (now second round) game. Not every year, but happens many years.