Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That should've been a Technical !!!

Started by notavol, March 19, 2015, 09:55:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

notavol

Did anyone miss the fact the color analyst felt that shoe incident should've been a Technical. No seriously he felt should be a technical. He would have preferred it to be a technical. He almost told the ref he thought it should've been a technical. But seriously he thought it was a technical. ;)
In CBP I trust !

bulldog04

Did you know Portis has been struggling?

Danny J

They are actively pulling for Wofford and for me it takes away from the game. However 90% of the country will be pulling for Wofford so I can see where emotion plays into it.

notavol

Quote from: bulldog04 on March 19, 2015, 09:56:36 pm
Did you know Portis has been struggling?
Seem to recall him mentioning that a time or four
In CBP I trust !

HogMantheIntruder

That may have been some of the stupidest commentating that I have ever had the displeasure of hearing.  He acted like Ky purposefully kicked off his shoe, like it gave us some unfair advantage.  Sofa king we Todd did.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Dr. Starcs

I did love the guys Austin powers reference. Lol

"Really, who throws a shoe?"  Lol

HSVhogfan2

Funniest crap I've ever seen. Should put 22 in the rafters just for that!
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

arkansas1994

Woffords coach seemed like he was drunk during halftime interview. lol

HamIAm

What got me was when he said "would I have been out of line to say something to the ref?"  Are you kidding me, of course you would have been out of line.  Way out of line. You're there to call the game, not to officiate, coach, or cheer.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 19, 2015, 10:01:32 pm
I did love the guys Austin powers reference. Lol

"Really, who throws a shoe?"  Lol
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

goshog

I couldnt help but wonder, what would Father Pat call if he were officiating this game?

husker71

that line "would it be out of line"  was maybe the most inane comment I have heard from a commentator   that guy is the Candy Crowley of basketball

I thought they were fine, and certainly not biased.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: notavol on March 19, 2015, 09:55:43 pm
Did anyone miss the fact the color analyst felt that shoe incident should've been a Technical. No seriously he felt should be a technical. He would have preferred it to be a technical. He almost told the ref he thought it should've been a technical. But seriously he thought it was a technical. ;)

I need to go back to the DVR.  I totally missed that live.

DEVIL DOG HOG

It seemed to me there were biased announcers doing every game, yesterday.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

jgphillips3

Long after we have forgotten their name was Wofford, we will remember the shoe.

hogsanity

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 20, 2015, 07:19:06 am

Hog fans see biased announcers, cheating refs, ncaa rip offs in every game.

And under the rules, had they called a technical, it would have been correct. The refs used their discretion to just give the delay warning. My guess is had the shoe come on the court during Woffords possession, it would have resulted in a T.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

trippigs

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 19, 2015, 10:04:06 pm
Funniest crap I've ever seen. Should put 22 in the rafters just for that!

+1    It was a immediate classic. There are several new twitter shoe accounts which are pretty funny.

bigred223

As soon as I saw the shoe, I immediately thought.. I bet Jacorey is somehow responsible. Sure enough. That'll be on the Not Top Ten.

Hogimus Prime

Well you kick off your shoes
Throw'em on the floor
Dancin' on the court til the morning light
Jacksonville Thursday Night

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 20, 2015, 07:19:06 am
If you thought they were biased last night, just wait until Saturday. They will be bowing to UNC

If Willie Cauley-Stein threw a shoe from the bench to the other end of the court and stopped play, I'm sure Hogville would be so resolute that it is not a technical.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Karma on March 20, 2015, 11:08:24 am
If Willie Cauley-Stein threw a shoe from the bench to the other end of the court and stopped play, I'm sure Hogville would be so resolute that it is not a technical.

If Willie Cauley-Stein had done it, the official would have stopped play just so he could get him to sign it for his kid. He is, after all, the greatest college big man of all time.

Athog

Quote from: notavol on March 19, 2015, 09:55:43 pm

Color guy needs a new job!!

hawkhawg

Did you guys know that Tanner English was fast?

PigWig

Quote from: hawkhawg on March 20, 2015, 11:46:30 am
Also, AJ Green is suspended.

JonClaudeVanHam

Careful. If you start saying anything bad about Tanner English, that shorty, he will come up behind you and bash your he9-efijwkifvswhvfkidaeswhnhniwhn:A:ASWdehnvfi;DHNASWcfki;sw
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

jesterzzn

This crew was bad, but the Tanner English crew was all time worst.

Wildhog

I thought their coach looked like Mr Rogers.  Also had some Howard Dean in him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GS99

Ya, they could have called a tech, but geez, those announcers were acting like it was the world's biggest injustice.  A guy threw a shoe, it was funny, they gave a warning, move on.

mhuff

Quote from: Karma on March 19, 2015, 11:27:54 pm
I thought they were fine, and certainly not biased.

Yeah, I thought they should go back to announcing midget league BB.

jesterzzn

I'm watching N. Iowa and Wyoming right now.  The crew is pumping Wyoming hardcore even though they are pretty much getting handled right now.  Rooting for the 12 seeds is clearly something these guys are told to do.

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 12:32:11 pm
I thought their coach looked like Mr Rogers.  Also had some Howard Dean in him.

Yeahawwwww
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2015, 08:24:41 am
Hog fans see biased announcers, cheating refs, ncaa rip offs in every game.

And under the rules, had they called a technical, it would have been correct. The refs used their discretion to just give the delay warning. My guess is had the shoe come on the court during Woffords possession, it would have resulted in a T.

Actually the situation arose due to poor officiating. They should have been aware of a player without a shoe and stopped the clock the next time U of A got the ball, furthermore, Harris took a very hard spill getting the rebound and after we had secured it play should have been stopped because of injury and it wasn't.

Not to mention, what happened to Ky's shoe? Did it just disappear? Williams threw his own shoe onto the court, not Ky's. My guess is that a Wofford player tossed it in the crowd to begin with, which was not mentioned and is also a technical.

Not calling the T was the first thing the officials did correctly in that entire situation.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: WarPig88 on March 21, 2015, 12:40:43 am
Actually the situation arose due to poor officiating. They should have been aware of a player without a shoe and stopped the clock the next time U of A got the ball, furthermore, Harris took a very hard spill getting the rebound and after we had secured it play should have been stopped because of injury and it wasn't.

Not to mention, what happened to Ky's shoe? Did it just disappear? Williams threw his own shoe onto the court, not Ky's. My guess is that a Wofford player tossed it in the crowd to begin with, which was not mentioned and is also a technical.

Not calling the T was the first thing the officials did correctly in that entire situation.
Seriously?  Ky kicked it into the crowd.  They showed it like 5 times.

lefty08

The funniest thing to me was the screen shot of the bench and bell trying to keep it together. He was laughing hard and trying to hide his face, eventually he just got up and walked to the end of the bench. Made me laugh too
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

nchogg

The ref's should had stopped play when he kicked his shoe off. The ref's are suppose to help prevent injury to players and Ky could have gone down hard since a sock and hardwood floor don't mix. Ky was just trying to help his team.

Randy Johnson

no...as mentioned play should have been stopped
player safety is now down the list below entertainment

gmarv

Quote from: nchogg on March 21, 2015, 07:00:22 am
The ref's should had stopped play when he kicked his shoe off. The ref's are suppose to help prevent injury to players and Ky could have gone down hard since a sock and hardwood floor don't mix. Ky was just trying to help his team.
the refs missed the first part by not stopping play and gave a makeup call by not calling a t.at least that's what I think.
jacorey just moved up to one of my favorite players,that has to be one of the more interesting  plays of the tourney.

Hogarusa

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 20, 2015, 01:23:44 pm
I'm watching N. Iowa and Wyoming right now.  The crew is pumping Wyoming hardcore even though they are pretty much getting handled right now.  Rooting for the 12 seeds is clearly something these guys are told to do.

Yep, memo was sent out with talking points on the huge ratings impact of having Wyoming and Wofford advance to the round of 32.  Folks love the W.  Also included a study showing how if announcers actively "root" for a team while announcing, 60% of the time those teams will win every time.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

revolution

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 21, 2015, 09:29:24 am
Yep, memo was sent out with talking points on the huge ratings impact of having Wyoming and Wofford advance to the round of 32.  Folks love the W.  Also included a study showing how if announcers actively "root" for a team while announcing, 60% of the time those teams will win every time.

Well-played! I will always remember Jacorey and "The Tossing of the Shoe."

Hog Knock Life

Quote from: gmarv on March 21, 2015, 07:33:35 am
jacorey just moved up to one of my favorite players,that has to be one of the more interesting  plays of the tourney.

Yes this fits nicely with Stephan welsh casually peeking into an opposing team's timeout huddle. But with all the carping they did on how the shoe throw should have been a tech, they did save it a little bit with the "Who throws a shoe? Honestly?" quote. Which gives me a great idea for a JW nickname: Jacorey "Random Task" Williams.