Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, Hogville, you got...

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, March 19, 2015, 01:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

what you wanted.  A trip to the tournament.  I've never seen so much hollering around as I've seen this season and now that we're here I hope everybody's happy.  I know I am.  And I'm going to try my best to stay awake for the game tonight. I hope others here do the same.

I am building up some major hatred for Wofford and I know before this game is over we're gonna be cussing their dirty players, their smart-mouth coaches, the cheating refs, and the anti-Arkansas announcers.  All this will be captured for posterity's sake in the game thread and various pop up threads after the game.  Heaven help us if we lose tonight. 

We've lost a few of our own here in jump ball this season, most notably Forrest City Joe, who I miss.  His two fisted approach and love for the hogs and their coach rubbed some the wrong way but jump ball is just a little bit less fun without him starting a riot after every game with a congrats to Mike Anderson thread.  Win or lose tonight he needs to be remembered for his outstanding leadership this year.

On a more positive note, we did pick up a new member who seems to be filling the void Joe left.  His name is Doug...and that's all you need to know.  Doug apparently just started watching Hogs basketball recently but is a fan of Nolan and his screen name 40minutesofhellBlitzkrieg personally makes me harken back to a time of hog ball glory days.  I just hope this enthusiastic individual gets the opportunity to stick around long enough to make us proud.  He is trying too hard and reminds me a little of the guy who came to Mayberry and had read the paper about the town and adopted it as his own even though he'd never been there before. He had the town in an uproar but eventually Andy found out the real story and the episode ended happily....and he was never seen or heard from again on future episodes. We need to keep this guy around.  His enthusiasm for hog basketball is contagious, and if we make a run in the tournament I think we're gonna be glad we kept him around. 

I'm predicting a sweet 16 appearance for us and depending on who we play I may pick us to go further than that.  I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this place all day and tonight and I hope we all remain civil throughout this all important weekend.  We are all on high alert for nonsense today and tonight, though, and I believe that having some of you on a short leash is going to help this joint continue to run smoothly.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

chubrick

ArkieBrat

Quote from: chubrick on March 19, 2015, 02:36:06 pm
Where is FCJ?  Hope he is ok.

This is what I am wondering also. Have I missed something? Where IS FCJ?!?
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

hoglady

I don't recall reading anything about something happening to FCJ.
I just knew he hadn't posted in a while.
Will someone please explain what happened?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boardon Hamsay

OT', how much is Buddy betting on the Hogs tonight?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jgphillips3

I thought I had heard FCJ was posting on other boards because he got tired of what he perceived as the "haters" on this board.  I don't care what anyone says, I have always liked FCJ going back to when I first heard him on the radio years ago.  Sure, he could take some things too far but he is definitely a Razorback fan and was definitely one of the great characters on this board.  Gotta admit, he could drive some threads. 

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on March 19, 2015, 03:40:24 pm
OT', how much is Buddy betting on the Hogs tonight?

He's betting more than i make in 3 months.  Almost a grand.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 19, 2015, 03:45:36 pm
Gotta admit, he could drive some threads.

Drive them straight to the toilet.
This is my non-signature signature.

HillBillyHogfan

Props to dudes with wrasslin avatars +1
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

ArkieBrat

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 19, 2015, 03:45:36 pm
I thought I had heard FCJ was posting on other boards because he got tired of what he perceived as the "haters" on this board.  I don't care what anyone says, I have always liked FCJ going back to when I first heard him on the radio years ago.  Sure, he could take some things too far but he is definitely a Razorback fan and was definitely one of the great characters on this board.  Gotta admit, he could drive some threads. 

Thanks for the info.  I, too, always liked FCJ.  He is PASSIONATE about the Razorbacks.  I had noticed that he had not posted about the last few wins and that was definitely unusual in itself. Just glad that he is not ill or in bad health.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

presidenthog

Quote from: WarPig88 on March 19, 2015, 03:45:58 pm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=frito+pie

:puke:
I'm confused, yet slightly amused, why you posted this. Also are you puking because of the Texas comment or are you more of a hormel guy?

hoghevn

I started to ask about FCJ the other day but thought maybe I had missed something regarding him and was afraid I'd offend someone.  I do hope he's OK, gotta love his passion.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

jgphillips3

Pigsear

I think he's out kicking rocks. :)

TNhawgfan

He left because of haters?? As he ever read his own posts during football season?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Thepigdoctor

Thankfully Robert Shields started posting in Jump Ball

Pancetta

FcJ stopped posting here? I am going to go kick rocks now.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Overtheroadtruckdriver

FCJ is suffering from post traumatic wilson syndrome.  Wilson slapped him silly one Sunday afternoon and he's been punch drunk ever since. 

Joe...if you're reading this, git your butt back in here and start blasting folks.  Hogville needs you.

PORKULATOR

Woffords coach was on ESPN radio the other day and he acted like this one was in the bag. I live in Chattanooga and the UTC Mocs beat Wofford. We SHOULD win this big in the end.
WPS
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 19, 2015, 05:46:06 pm
Woffords coach was on ESPN radio the other day and he acted like this one was in the bag. I live in Chattanooga and the UTC Mocs beat Wofford. We SHOULD win this big in the end.
WPS

The school only has 1500 students.  You would think we could field an intramural team from our student body that could play with them.

WorfHog

Quote from: OTR on March 19, 2015, 05:59:57 pm
The school only has 1500 students.  You would think we could field an intramural team from our student body that could play with them.

Reports from the HPER say HDN has put together an intramural team, with his brothers help that would give Kentucky a run for their money. They love that helmet and have all the heart.

98hogs

FCJ is missed and has the passion and I am glad he supported Coach A.  I hope he got his money's worth when he got banned and let er fly

dhornjr1

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: 98hogs on March 19, 2015, 07:39:54 pm
FCJ is missed and has the passion and I am glad he supported Coach A.  I hope he got his money's worth when he got banned and let er fly

I don't think he was banned.  Fcj is nothing if not stubborn.  I think as a matter of principle he isn't posting now to punish us and show us he doesn't need us. 

And maybe he doesnt.  Once he gets his own board going why would he need hogville anymore.  I am pretty sure I will get offered a potion as a mod.  It will then be a bidding war between him and Lanny. 

It's nights like this when we really need joe in here to show us the way.

PonderinHog

RIP, FCJ.  Gone but not forgotten... :razorback:

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I like the discipline we showed during the shoe incident.  We handled what could have been a situation with dignity and class.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Boardon Hamsay

OT, do you think the weather will give us the advantage over UNC today?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on March 19, 2015, 08:12:26 pm

Ed Sawyer.....wonder if things ever worked out between he & Lucy Matthews?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on March 21, 2015, 11:05:11 am
OT, do you think the weather will give us the advantage over UNC today?

Yes.  Carolina has a team full of punks and momma's boys.  They will wither in the heat.  Advantage hogs.

Mick Hogger

Who's got their eye on the cheatin' refs with Joe out of commission?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

dhornjr1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 21, 2015, 12:27:44 pm
Ed Sawyer.....wonder if things ever worked out between he & Lucy Matthews?

I've wondered that as well. I'm also interested to know what happened to the gas station he bought from George Sapley.