Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Irony with Long and Gus

Started by TrueBlue, November 17, 2017, 02:49:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue

Let's say you believe what is on Hogville about Gus wouldn't come to Arkansas unless Jeff Long was let go. Now, take into account there are several people/websites that think that Jeff Long is in play for Auburn's AD job and for the fun of it let's say he gets the position.

Wouldn't it be irony if when he became Auburn's AD that he somehow "blocked" a possible move by Gus to Arkansas to get back at us? The very person that would have kept Gus from coming to Arkansas could be the same person that could keep him at Auburn.

It would make for a great ESPN 30 for 30 one day....

http://gridironnow.com/jeff-long-bret-bielema-will-shortly/2/                               (first paragraph)

East TN HAWG

We would probably somehow end up paying Long's buyout, Gus' buyout and the asst. coaches buyouts (both Aubbie and Ark's).

Tusks

Funny article.  Go Jeff go, be a barner, that would do more for the hogs place in the SEC pecking order would be awesome.

I could see a JL led auburn going 0-6 vs the hogs the next 6 years.

An JL can't block the deal.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

farmhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 17, 2017, 02:53:40 pm
Funny article.  Go Jeff go, be a barner, that would do more for the hogs place in the SEC pecking order would be awesome.

Be perfect if he ended up there.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: farmhawg on November 17, 2017, 06:09:56 pm
Be perfect if he ended up there.
maybe he can convince them to hire bret too.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wachhog

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 17, 2017, 02:49:52 pm
Let's say you believe what is on Hogville about Gus wouldn't come to Arkansas unless Jeff Long was let go. Now, take into account there are several people/websites that think that Jeff Long is in play for Auburn's AD job and for the fun of it let's say he gets the position.

Wouldn't it be irony if when he became Auburn's AD that he somehow "blocked" a possible move by Gus to Arkansas to get back at us? The very person that would have kept Gus from coming to Arkansas could be the same person that could keep him at Auburn.

http://gridironnow.com/jeff-long-bret-bielema-will-shortly/2/                               (first paragraph)
I don't know whether Gus will/would be successful at Arkansas, but I am fairly certain he was smart enough not to come to Arkansas as coach if Jeff Long were AD. I think Long was a self-serving, insecure snake, who would bite the head off anyone he perceived as a threat to his power.
Soooo glad he's gone.
Could not stand Nutt or the people who protected him, but, looking back, even Nutt and his paranoia  was preferable to the arrogance of Long and his crew.

Troll-ingmotor

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 17, 2017, 02:49:52 pm

You should seriously google irony, because this is not irony.

Not even close.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: tusked on November 17, 2017, 02:53:40 pm

So you are saying he would put a stop to pay for play?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkSoda

Quote from: wachhog on November 17, 2017, 08:24:37 pm

I don't know whether Gus will/would be successful at Arkansas, but I am fairly certain he was smart enough not to come to Arkansas as coach if Jeff Long were AD. I think Long was a self-serving, insecure snake, who would bite the head off anyone he perceived as a threat to his power.
Soooo glad he's gone.
Could not stand Nutt or the people who protected him, but, looking back, even Nutt and his paranoia  was preferable to the arrogance of Long and his crew.
erm, you might be projecting a bit.  Long always seemed professional to me.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hog911

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 08:31:56 pm
erm, you might be projecting a bit.  Long always seemed professional to me.
professional enough to fire a coach on a national stage! We are way better off without him!

Dark Helmet Hog

TrueBlue

Quote from: Troll-ingmotor on November 17, 2017, 08:29:16 pm
You should seriously google irony, because this is not irony.

Not even close.

Dumb - ARSE

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result"

This would be contrary to what people expect AND it would be funny.

You need to Google "trolling" after you Google "Dumb Ass".

You and your 20 posts. Go away.

scaldedhog

Now let's just say that you had a dog that like to kill chickens.  Now that's irony!
Make Arkansas Football great again