Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vegas is rarely wrong- With the leaks, why no Leach talk?

Started by mj4president, November 17, 2017, 02:40:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

I'd personally love it and his offense.  Vegas hasn't been built on being wrong and. If you wager on games you know how freakishly close they are regarding lines.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

dalefromspringdale

I'm having trouble following you. Does Vegas have low odds on Leach being our next coach?

mj4president

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 17, 2017, 02:50:11 pm
I'm having trouble following you. Does Vegas have low odds on Leach being our next coach?

Yes, by a wide margin too.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

The Hawg Marshal

He has shorter odds than Gus and Norvell according to a betting site.

CallThoseHawgs

RebelliousHog

You know, if all we had to do is play offense like they do in the Big 12 Leach would be a viable option. However he has never shown he can have a good D, and in the SEC you better have a defense.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hogsanity

Those type bets are alot different than game lines. Game lines are meat to attract money on both sides of the bet. These prop type bets are just meant to take in money.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ipigsooie

I laughed when i saw that Jerry Jones has better odds of coaching than CBB!

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Boardon Hamsay

No leaks on Leach is why he's the favorite.  Everyone else is smoke. Gus? Complete smoke!

Argh Matey!!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

moses_007

Jerry Jones hasn't fielded a championship team since he built Jerry World, and he's been atrocious in football coaching hires.  He's a good bean counter, however.

FraggleHog

Quote from: HenduHog on November 17, 2017, 02:59:12 pm
You know, if all we had to do is play offense like they do in the Big 12 Leach would be a viable option. However he has never shown he can have a good D, and in the SEC you better have a defense.

Yep... if I was among the PTB... and considering him. I'd hand him a blank check and tell him to go find a stud DC/ recruiter... If he delivers, he's hired. If not... "Thanks for the interest, but we're going in a different directly".
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FraggleHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 03:05:47 pm
Jerry Jones hasn't fielded a championship team since he built Jerry World, and he's been atrocious in football coaching hires.  He's a good bean counter, however.

I wouldn't call Jason Garrett or Tuna an "atrocious" hire... If Garrett was fired, I'd bet over half the teams in the NFL would be calling him in an instant.

Calling the Hogs from DFW

ur

Soooie21

Hawg Life

Bacons Rebellion

I'd be okay with anyone on the list except Miles, and I'm not worried about it being Miles.

NuttinItUp

Michael D Huff AIA

Is the number 10 defense not good enough?

jgphillips3

ur

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

ur

Quote from: pigz on November 17, 2017, 04:17:32 pm
So is this a good or bad sign for Campbell
Pretty sure he is way down the list. $6.4 mill buyout hurts.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 04:14:14 pm

By the way, for some fractional odds (which I always find more useful).

+250 = 5 to 2 odds (or 2.5 to 1)
+300 = 3 to 1 odds
+450 = 9 to 2 odds (or 4.5 to 1)
+650 = 13 to 2 odds (or 6.5 to 1)
+700 = 7 to 1 odds
+800 = 8 to 1 odds

etc...

ur

bet $100 and that's what you win. If it is neg, you have to bet the neg number to win $100.

311Hog

because he doesn't have the built in fan base here already.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 04:28:31 pm
bet $100 and that's what you win. If it is neg, you have to bet the neg number to win $100.

Exactly, so for Mike Leach: He is +300 so if you bet $100 and he became coach, then you would win $300. (3 to 1)  Or, any fraction thereof (if you bet $1, you would win $3, etc...)

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

ur

Quote from: pigz on November 17, 2017, 04:37:49 pm
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/tGUH180.gif[/gifv]
It's $6.4 mill but I'm tired of arguing about it. He's not coming anyway even though I would take him as a HC.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 17, 2017, 02:55:06 pm
He has shorter odds than Gus and Norvell according to a betting site.

Aye, Vegas is trying to gather up some of that pirate gold bettin' on their cap't.

Grunt

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 04:20:17 pm
Pretty sure he is way down the list. $6.4 mill buyout hurts.
We better suck up that buyout.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

195bc

The amount of crap that is spewed by some people makes me shake my head. No one takes time to check facts. I'm not arguing to hire Leach, but the above comment is far from the truth. In Leach's last full five seasons at Texas Tech, his teams averaged a national rank of 45 in total defense (that same Big 12 that is all about offense, has you stated), with his best defense during that time ranked 24 and worst 69. Currently, his Washington St team is ranked 32 nationally in total defense. I would say he has shown he can have good defenses ... with those rankings being even more impressive considering the minimal number of highly rated defenses recruits that he coached (TT and Wazzu are not recruiting powerhouses)

brenthog

Bet money on Gus and Norvell and you would be positive.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: brenthog on November 17, 2017, 05:17:38 pm
Bet money on Gus and Norvell and you would be positive.

Easy money in the bank...

...unless they went with someone else. You would be screwed.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 17, 2017, 02:50:11 pm
BEEN telling ya'll it's Leach.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

247Hog

So Gruden really is the fav in Tennessee to be hired...according to Vegas.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 17, 2017, 03:06:10 pm
Yep... if I was among the PTB... and considering him. I'd hand him a blank check and tell him to go find a stud DC/ recruiter... If he delivers, he's hired. If not... "Thanks for the interest, but we're going in a different directly".
like the one he has? I dont follow.... Why wouldnt he bring Grinch?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 247Hog on November 17, 2017, 05:30:13 pm
So Gruden really is the fav in Tennessee to be hired...according to Vegas.
he'll be there coaching, too. And UF will get Chip. Hogs get Leach. Bad boom bada bing.

HogBreath

Quote from: 195bc on November 17, 2017, 05:07:05 pm
The amount of crap that is spewed by some people makes me shake my head. No one takes time to check facts. I'm not arguing to hire Leach, but the above comment is far from the truth. In Leach's last full five seasons at Texas Tech, his teams averaged a national rank of 45 in total defense (that same Big 12 that is all about offense, has you stated), with his best defense during that time ranked 24 and worst 69. Currently, his Washington St team is ranked 32 nationally in total defense. I would say he has shown he can have good defenses ... with those rankings being even more impressive considering the minimal number of highly rated defenses recruits that he coached (TT and Wazzu are not recruiting powerhouses)
one ninety five bc got that wood right har.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The Hawg Marshal

UT folks are sad, Gruden has told them he isn't coming.

ur

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 17, 2017, 05:54:02 pm
UT folks are sad, Gruden has told them he isn't coming.
We better start playing Norvell now or we will be down to choice 3

247Hog

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 05:57:27 pm
We better start playing Norvell now or we will be down to choice 3

I'm really surprised seeing Mullen #2 on UT list and not Florida.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 17, 2017, 06:08:19 pm
Cause he not on the short list!

Who isn't? Leach?   I'd say he is top 5 at least, if not top 3.

ur