Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bend but don't break ?

Started by kiddhog, September 23, 2017, 06:33:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kiddhog

the game announcers talked non- stop about our defensive plan, was "keep everything in front" bend but don't give up the big play -  don't let the true freshman QB beat you "  Are we the only team in America that plays a " sound , fundamental , keep everything  in front of you, conservative defense " , that gives up 7 plays of 40 or more yards?

defense didn't lose this game but just sick of playing a conservative game plan(offensive and defensive )  and still giving up big plays. seems like CBB' s conservative approach back fires on defense and offense !

Potosihog

Feels like when I am 240 from the green with water on the right and sand on the left.  I carefully pull out my 8 iron for a safe lay up shot......then commence in sculling it into the water or chunking it 20 yards.

Sometimes you've just got to go for it.  If you get burned in the process at least the overall odds should work out. 

How many plays over 40 yards did we give up last year against them? 

hog.goblin

We had more of a break but don't bend defense in action today

jcharkansas

Seems like it was a bend, bend, then break kinda defense

Dr. Starcs

I really loved all the 4th and 5s when our dbs would play like it was 4th and 15 and continue to give up the slant.

TheRedBoarn

Prius frangitur quam flectitur - Sooner broken than bent.   

Youngsta71701

How about bend until you break? Or bend and break? Sounds like better descriptions huh?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"