Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of you clamoring for Cole Kelley

Started by SemperHawg, September 23, 2017, 06:09:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

Why would we root to ruin two QB's?  This offensive line has ruined Austin Allen, maybe for good.  Why would we subject another quarterback to that? 

We were sold a bill of goods about being physical at the point of attack and WE ARE NOT!  End of story.

There are plenty of other things we could talk about as far as the state of the program and the buy out, and who is to blame, but on the field we are not physical at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.  If you are expecting anything different results wise until those facts change then I hate it for you.

hoghearted

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 23, 2017, 06:09:36 pm
Why would we root to ruin two QB's?  This offensive line has ruined Austin Allen, maybe for good.  Why would we subject another quarterback to that? 

We were sold a bill of goods about being physical at the point of attack and WE ARE NOT!  End of story.

There are plenty of other things we could talk about as far as the state of the program and the buy out, and who is to blame, but on the field we are not physical at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.  If you are expecting anything different results wise until those facts change then I hate it for you.

This is my fear, too. Why throw Cole to the wolves? Increase his playing time, yes, but not as a starter.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pig Mania

Because Austin has given up on his line and his coach (and rightly so)

Kelley gave the team a spark. He is huge and won't get hurt as easily as Allen.
#FireLong
#FireBert
#Kelleyisthefuture

hoglady

Thank you - 100% agree.

It was fine to use Kelley for short yardage and the few limited pass plays but that's it.
Austin's been getting pounded for a couple of years now and it's obvious the toll it's taken - mentally and physically.
Can't imagine why we'd want to subject a young, green QB to the same treatment.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig Mania

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 23, 2017, 06:09:36 pm

Unless Bert miraculously brings in a Russel Wilson type of transfer QB, Kelley is the guy next year. Might as well get him more and more playing time so he doesn't start out green next year. Austin is gone after this season. He looks pissed off after every sack (and there's been a ton). After how this fanbase has treated his brother and how his line blocks for him, he probably isn't high on the hogs right now. It's time for Cole

AlmaHog2011

Kelly looks exciting but man Ausin has taken a beating like no other QB ever. Just sad to watch an oline commit the same mistakes game after game and from year to year with no improvement.
At this point all things are questionable. Are they strong in their lower bodies? I don't think we are a strong football team. Everyone talks about speed and yes that is very important but what about power? Ellis was up there 4-5 years and benched 225lb only 7 times????

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on September 23, 2017, 06:40:29 pm
Kelly looks exciting but man Ausin has taken a beating like no other QB ever. Just sad to watch an oline commit the same mistakes game after game and from year to year with no improvement.
At this point all things are questionable. Are they strong in their lower bodies? I don't think we are a strong football team. Everyone talks about speed and yes that is very important but what about power? Ellis was up there 4-5 years and benched 225lb only 7 times????

AA is a tough kid...I know there's a fraaack ton of AA haters on HV but I can tell you from personal experience playing QB in college (switched positions because I'm short) it sucks to get hit hard and hit often...Giving CK meaningful snaps is awesome and I hope the OL can get it together...AA is pretty good with a clean pocket...bring on the haters.

bondhue

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on September 23, 2017, 06:40:29 pm
Kelly looks exciting but man Ausin has taken a beating like no other QB ever.
Did you see Tyler Wilson play?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: bondhue on September 23, 2017, 06:55:21 pm
Ok, AA is TW 2.0
A halfway clean pocket and he looks dang good...noticed I said "clean and pocket", pretty nonexistent for most part

LumberBacks

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 06:31:15 pm
Thank you - 100% agree.

It was fine to use Kelley for short yardage and the few limited pass plays but that's it.
Austin's been getting pounded for a couple of years now and it's obvious the toll it's taken - mentally and physically.
Can't imagine why we'd want to subject a young, green QB to the same treatment.
Do you expect anything different than he will be exposed to next year?  Other than not being under an NFL center?

Rayzback

I didn't stutter, I said pop-your-titty-out-his-mouth AND STOP BABYING HIM.  - Major Payne
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

razorsharptusk

Allen almost acts like he doesn't want to be the man any longer.  It's like he has lost that fire. I get he has been hit so many times.  But emotion is a huge thing.  Cole has that fire. Team needs it.
GO HOGS!!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgfan4life

Allen would be acting better and have confidence in the OL and coach if they did something to earn that trust and respect.  He could carry himself better, but after an entire season last year and pouring everything he has into his final year, he gets garbage OL play worse than last year.  Anderson needs to go tonight.

hoglady

Quote from: LumberBacks on September 23, 2017, 07:13:07 pm
Do you expect anything different than he will be exposed to next year?  Other than not being under an NFL center?

Surely, at some point the Oline has to get better.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogeration

Several of the hits or sacks today were on AA.  He held the ball too long.  Whether that be from good coverage or bad routes...I don't know.  He had a few seconds several times after he dropped back and didn't throw.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hogeration on September 23, 2017, 08:36:48 pm
Several of the hits or sacks today were on AA.  He held the ball too long.  Whether that be from good coverage or bad routes...I don't know.  He had a few seconds several times after he dropped back and didn't throw.

and he's got to have a clock in his head that says get rid of it...

root_hawg

The way that kid looked on the one attempt to throw the ball, I don't think he is the answer.  Looked slow and lost unless he is just taking the ball and running straight ahead.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bondhue on September 23, 2017, 06:55:21 pm
Tyler Wilson took shots to the head and the ribs in the Vandy game that our current QB hasn't seen in his whole career.....suck it up and quick your complaining or sit on the bench and send in the plays with the other backups
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: root_hawg on September 23, 2017, 08:39:43 pm
The way that kid looked on the one attempt to throw the ball, I don't think he is the answer.  Looked slow and lost unless he is just taking the ball and running straight ahead.
the first string QB gets at least 75% of the reps in practice...the kid would look much better with the reps...I"m not saying to start him but your judging him off of one or two throws when he doesn't get very many reps in practice is a bit short sighted, wouldn't you say ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dominicanhog

Not sure Cole is the answer, we'll see.. hoping Hyatt or Proctor add some competition next year....

Porkette

For now, I'm just happy that they're using Kelley at all. He isn't ready to be the starter, and you definitely don't want to throw him out there at this point, with this group of OL and receivers, to get killed. At least now maybe we can feel a little bit confident about picking up one yard when we need it. That's an improvement.  It's something.
GO HOGS GO!

3kgthog

You might be surprised at the effort an offensive line will give for a QB they like and respect. Allen doesn't appear to be a guy getting either feeling from his guys. Screaming at them and pouting will do that.

jm

Quote from: alohawg on September 23, 2017, 08:32:29 pm
Kelley's wind up and release is too slow.

I noticed that as well. He does not appear quick enough with his footwork and release.

PossumFan

Prediction: By game four next season, a good many of you will be down on Cole and hollering for his backup.