Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many here are going to be crying uncontrollably if we beat SC?

Started by luke hawg, September 30, 2017, 10:27:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

3-3 after first six with LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Coastal, Mississippi State left on the schedule. This next week is huge for the darksiders because otherwise it's looking like another 7-8 win season. The next 2 years features 4 non power 5 with Kentucky and Vandy on the schedule. He might slip up and win 9 games one of those years which means another extension. You guys desperately need a loss next weekend to keep hope alive for a losing season. Best of luck rooting against your team!

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jgphillips3

What a true joy that would be to finish with another mediocre record, not because we were good, but because everyone else sucked worse.  Wow...how great that would be.  I'll try to think of that potential joy when Auburn and Bama are ramming their Johnson's into our skulls at will.

luke hawg

Wildhog

I want us to win every game.

What really sucks though is to look at the state of the SEC and know that if we were any good at all, this could be a 10-ish win type of year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rayzback

We won today. Watching Tamu vs USC, there's hope going into next week. As crazy as the SEC is this year, watch Sumlin pull one off against Saban. :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

luke hawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2017, 10:34:36 pm

What really sucks though is to look at the state of the SEC and know that if we were any good at all, this could be a 10-ish win type of year.

A ten win season which has happened 3 times in 25 years. 10ish has proven to be our best during a weak schedule year. I bet your unaware that we've played vandy all those years. How are you people incapable of seeing our program for what it is in the SEC? The delusion in the fanbase holds us back. We have no history to anyone under 50 years old. The three winningest coaches in Arkansas history didn't coach in this conference. Open your eyes man. We will have good seasons again and it has little to do with coaching. Program stability is everything in college.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 10:46:23 pm
A ten win season which has happened 3 times in 25 years. 10ish has proven to be our best during a weak schedule year. I bet your unaware that we've played vandy all those years. How are you people incapable of seeing our program for what it is in the SEC? The delusion in the fanbase holds us back. We have no history to anyone under 50 years old. The three winningest coaches in Arkansas history didn't coach in this conference. Open your eyes man. We will have good seasons again and it has little to do with coaching. Program stability is everything in college.
Don't talk about program stability to Wildhog.  He is on record as being just fine with swapping coaches every few seasons until we get lucky.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 30, 2017, 10:48:01 pm
Don't talk about program stability to Wildhog.  He is on record as being just fine with swapping coaches every few seasons until we get lucky.

Truth.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Torqued pork

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 10:27:48 pm
3-3 after first six with LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Coastal, Mississippi State left on the schedule. This next week is huge for the darksiders because otherwise it's looking like another 7-8 win season. The next 2 years features 4 non power 5 with Kentucky and Vandy on the schedule. He might slip up and win 9 games one of those years which means another extension. You guys desperately need a loss next weekend to keep hope alive for a losing season. Best of luck rooting against your team!
This is what happens when a fan's stated loyalty to a coach equals or surpasses his loyalty to a program.

We beat NM St. Watch out SEC! The fighting Bielema's are comin'!!!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2017, 10:48:46 pm
Truth.
At least you are honest about it.  Most of the jackholes here try to pretend they are morally superior.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Großer Kriegschwein

If we didn't have problems on the OL, we would be a 10 win team this season.

That is the only thing we need.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 30, 2017, 10:51:59 pm

That's what's so frustrating.  It's not like this was an issue we didn't see coming.
1909/1964/1965/1977

johnny cash

Quote from: Rayzback on September 30, 2017, 10:39:18 pm
We won today. Watching Tamu vs USC, there's hope going into next week. As crazy as the SEC is this year, watch Sumlin pull one off against Saban. :)
not happening.

batmanfan

Boy some of y'all love you some mediocrity. Some think it is best for the program to lose till we get a new HC and that's totally fine
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

luke hawg

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 30, 2017, 10:50:28 pm
This is what happens when a fan's stated loyalty to a coach equals or surpasses his loyalty to a program.

We beat NM St. Watch out SEC! The fighting Bielema's are comin'!!!
Wrong! I just don't think the coach matters that much at a program like Arkansas. We need stability older players and a weak schedule to have a great season. Bielema has flaws which are made more noticeable by playing at a constant talent disadvantage. I respect Wildhog because he honestly believes rotating coaches every 4 years is the way to win an SEC championship which is all I care about. To be honest, there isn't any difference between a 7-8 win season and 10-11 win season if we still lose to every top 10 team we play during the latter. This usually means the rest of are schedule was weak and we were good.

luke hawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2017, 10:48:46 pm
Truth.

I can respect that I just don't agree which is cool. I want to win a SEC championship just don't agree on the most likely way to get there.

bondhue

On the offensive side.  We sure could use improved special teams and a defense that could stop 30 40 and 50 yard td runs in the SEC.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wildhog

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 11:01:27 pm
I can respect that I just don't agree which is cool. I want to win a SEC championship just don't agree on the most likely way to get there.

Haha, it's cool.  I just prefer we had a coach with a higher ceiling/lower floor than a guy that is going to win seven games every single year. 

1909/1964/1965/1977

bondhue

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 10:58:27 pm
Wrong! I just don't think the coach matters that much at a program like Arkansas. We need stability older players and a weak schedule to have a great season. Bielema has flaws which are made more noticeable by playing at a constant talent disadvantage. I respect Wildhog because he honestly believes rotating coaches every 4 years is the way to win an SEC championship which is all I care about. To be honest, there isn't any difference between a 7-8 win season and 10-11 win season if we still lose to every top 10 team we play during the latter. This usually means the rest of are schedule was weak and we were good.
Right.  No difference between Smile and Petrino.  (And Petrino had to be fired)  It's just a stupid assertion.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

HatfieldHog

Luke Hog, you have got some bad mamma jamma going on in the head.  A coach doesn't matter that much to a 10 win team?  Seriously?  You don't win 10 games without athletes on that team, and it's the coaches responsibility to get those athletes!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

twistitup

?

And receivers ..

And a defense
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

IronHog

Leadership is EVERYTHING
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bondhue on September 30, 2017, 11:04:49 pm
On the offensive side.  We sure could use improved special teams and a defense that could stop 30 40 and 50 yard td runs in the SEC.

If we had an OL that could get push and space, then we wouldn't be as dependent on ST.

But yes. These special teams are the worst I've ever seen. Like ever.

Quote from: twistitup on September 30, 2017, 11:15:08 pm
?

And receivers ..

And a defense

Meh. OL push would fix a whole bunch of stuff on both sides of the ball.

Iwastherein1969

said this in another thread....and you hit it as square on the button as a Dustin Johnson drive
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

luke hawg

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 30, 2017, 11:11:37 pm
Luke Hog, you have got some bad mamma jamma going on in the head.  A coach doesn't matter that much to a 10 win team?  Seriously?  You don't win 10 games without athletes on that team, and it's the coaches responsibility to get those athletes!

See ya

Have you looked at our schedule during 10 win seasons. Obviously a certain level of competence is necessary. But I don't think there is much difference between the majority of power 5 coaches with a few being in their own league. Bielema, Sumlin, Mcelwain, Mullen, Butch and tons of other coaches all the same.

NotSoFastMyFriend

No it's not.

Torqued pork

Quote from: IronHog on September 30, 2017, 11:25:17 pm

Leadership is EVERYTHING
Exactly. Programs like Arkansas are always going to play with more questionable  talent than the elites, so the importance coaching and leadership is magnified. We have very little margin for error.

31to6

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 11:30:06 pm
Have you looked at our schedule during 10 win seasons.
This is just a stupid argument.

2010 we faced 6 ranked teams, beating 3 of them, and had the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation. Our losses were to the teams who ended the season ranked 1st, 5th and 10th. Our wins included 9-win aTm, a 9-win MSU who destroyed Michigan in their bowl, a 9-win & SEC E champ South Carolina, and 11-2 LSU.

2011 was similar, facing 6 ranked teams and beating 4 of them, with the #8 toughest schedule in the nation. Our only losses were to national championship game participants Alabama and LSU. 

So take your "we need a weak schedule to win 10" and stuff it.

thebignasty

And how slim the margin really is.  Like, a couple of lineman and Pulley being okay away.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

hoglady

No the frustrating thing about Bielema is he has yet to have the team ready to start the season.
Never - not one season have we been prepared and ready to play when Sept rolled around.
We usually do get better as the year goes on - except last year with the 2nd half meltdowns - still trying to figure out how that happened.
Every year he finds too many losses in games that should have been wins.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 30, 2017, 11:47:20 pm

No the frustrating thing about Bielema is he has yet to have the team ready to start the season.
Never - not one season have we been prepared and ready to play when Sept rolled around.
We usually do get better as the year goes on - except last year with the 2nd half meltdowns - still trying to figure out how that happened.
Every year he finds too many losses in games that should have been wins.

Yes Ma'am.   Frustrating is the nicest thing I can say.

Ugly Uncle

Coaching matters.

Scheme matters.

Players matter.

Schedule matters.

Probably in that order.

Though you could probably switch out 2 for 3 and 3 for 2.
Retired Radio Host

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 01, 2017, 12:00:00 am
Coaching matters.

Scheme matters.

Players matter.

Schedule matters.

Probably in that order.

Meh.

I'm just mad that I ain't seen no more of Duvall Wally.

Wildhog

I don't have any set number of years to give a coach.  If we were making steady progress, I'd be singing a different tune.  I just feel like we've seen enough to know what Bielema is at Arkansas.

And I totally disagree with the sentence in bold.  It just doesn't compute.
1909/1964/1965/1977

panhandlepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 01, 2017, 12:02:53 am
I don't have any set number of years to give a coach.  If we were making steady progress, I'd be singing a different tune.  I just feel like we've seen enough to know what Bielema is at Arkansas.

And I totally disagree with the sentence in bold.  It just doesn't compute.

He tried. It wasn't good enough.  Life and football are like that. I truly believe the man came in in good faith believing he could win at Arkansas.  He did not.

The reasons he failed don't matter at this point.  Go Hogs . Beat the Cocks.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 30, 2017, 10:48:01 pm

It's a better plan that holding onto one loser for several years hoping that lightning suddenly strikes and miraculously turns him into a real coach.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Birminghog

Quote from: Rayzback on September 30, 2017, 10:39:18 pm

Dude, I was at the Bama game tonight. Those guys are scary good, particularly on special teams. They kicked off to OM to start the game, made sure to kick it so it would be returned, then tackled OM at the 13. OM punted, Bama got it on the OM side of the field, scored, then rinse & repeat.

A&M has no shot against those guys.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 10:46:23 pm
A ten win season which has happened 3 times in 25 years.
Another way of looking at that is that it's happened 3 times in 11 years.

Quote10ish has proven to be our best during a weak schedule year.
If 2010 was a weak schedule year what the hell does that make this year?

QuoteI bet your unaware that we've played vandy all those years.
It's spelled "you're" and Mizzou is our vandy that we play every year. If you didn't notice, Mizzou should have been a 3 win team last year. They were a 4 win team because we had a second half meltdown of Wagnerian proportions (a staple of Bielema-coached Arkansas teams) that never should have happened. They are going to be historically bad this year.

QuoteHow are you people incapable of seeing our program for what it is in the SEC? The delusion in the fanbase holds us back. We have no history to anyone under 50 years old. The three winningest coaches in Arkansas history didn't coach in this conference. Open your eyes man. We will have good seasons again and it has little to do with coaching. Program stability is everything in college.
WRONG! Nutt is 2nd on the all time Arkansas wins list behind Broyles. Program stability is important but did program stability lose games last year against Mizzou or Virginia Tech, or Toledo the year before? Did program stability lose against TCU and A&M this year? No, horrible coaching and horrible player development did.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

10thPlanet

Tears of joy, I can't root against us regardless. I may start out that way, but can never stick with it after kick off.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 01, 2017, 12:00:00 am
Coaching matters.

Scheme matters.

Players matter.

Schedule matters.

Probably in that order.

I do not think scheme matters as much.  As long as you are executing, you can be successful with a lot of different schemes.  So yah, I would probably swap 2 and 3.
SCREW Vandy!

sickboy

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Truth.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Iceman

We easily could have had 10 wins two years ago and 9 wins last year (including the bowl).

Hawghiggs

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 01, 2017, 05:37:43 am
We easily could have had 10 wins two years ago and 9 wins last year (including the bowl).

But didn't.

Großer Kriegschwein