Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long

Started by razorbackfaninar, November 09, 2017, 04:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 09, 2017, 06:33:08 pm
I'm really going to enjoy another year of your itching...

If that's what it takes.  I'll bet Jeff Long is selling "Long on Integrity" T shirts elsewhere a year from now.  But we'll see.

redneckfriend

There is no real reason that we know of to fire Jeff Long UNLESS Bret Bielema loses (take your pick the next 1, 2 or 3 games) and Long doesn't fire him after his year end review. Now there may be other reasons we don't know about- including political power plays among those who count.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 05:00:52 pm
non slave state is a dumb ass statement.. COME ON MAN..

other people visit this site.. STAY CLASSY

So, it's okay to call Jeff Long a carpetbagger but we can't say non-slave state?  I think the JL haters started that sort of reference.  Turn about is fair play.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

KennyForAD

Quote from: redneckfriend on November 09, 2017, 06:36:36 pm
There is no real reason that we know of to fire Jeff Long UNLESS Bret Bielema loses (take your pick the next 1, 2 or 3 games) and Long doesn't fire him after his year end review. Now there may be other reasons we don't know about- including political power plays among those who count.

Really?   NO reason?   lol

KennyForAD

November 09, 2017, 06:52:28 pm #55 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 07:28:49 pm by KennyForAD
The guy came here, pretending to be a, "Professional Athletic Director," as if that is something that even exists, stood on a podium pretending to cry, so as to promote himself while firing a coach, lied about the reasons to fire that coach so that he could pretend to have more integrity than the average Joe, then sold "Long on Integrity" T-Shirts!   For crying out loud, are you BLIND?

If you don't think that the term, "Carpetbagger" fits Jeff Long, then you don't know what a carpetbagger IS.   A carpetbagger is a fraud, above all else.  Long isn't a carpetbagger because he came from Pittsburgh.  He's a carpetbagger because he is a FRAUD.  We were just too stupid to ask, "What is in your bottle of snake oil?"   Ask yourself:  What makes Jeff Long qualified to be an AD?   Answer:  NOTHING.  Nothing at all, other than his ridiculous claim to be a 'professional AD.'   That is why his results are so ... horrific.  If the administrators of the University of Arkansas had any sense at all, they would beg the FBI to see if they could find out how much of their money that dude has funneled to banks in the Caribbean.    LESSON:   When someone starts crowing about how much integrity he has, its a RED FLAG telling you to DUCK.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

StanHog

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 06:52:28 pm
The guy came here, pretending to be a, "Professional Athletic Director," as if that is something that even exists, stood on a podium pretending to cry, so as to promote himself while firing a coach, lied about the reasons to fire that coach so that he could pretend to have more integrity than the average Joe, then sold "Long on Integrity" T-Shirts!
I'm not so certain about all that.  Seems like an argument of conjecture and presupposition.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Piggfoot

Quote from: rtr on November 09, 2017, 06:20:51 pm
Long problems have nothing to do with Hogville, far from it.
By all means enlighten us. Preferably with facts instead of hearsay, especially Hogville hearsay.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

rtr

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 07:05:08 pm
By all means enlighten us. Preferably with facts instead of hearsay, especially Hogville hearsay.
You really think Hogville put him in this position?  If so, that is absolutely precious.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 07:02:08 pm
I'm not so certain about all that.  Seems like an argument of conjecture and presupposition.

You have named yourself well, sir.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 05:03:13 pm
Hogville was livid over Bielema's buy out of 15 million. 15 million. Long was a n idiot for writing such a idiotic contract. Hogville screamed fire him he's an idiot .... ........
then it came about that it was only 5 million..... but the ball was already rolling on Hogville. Hogville wanted blood.

The buyout was originally for $15mil.  It reduces every month to the point that at the end of this years, it will be $5.9mil.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

KennyForAD

Let me tell you something else:  These Jeff Long Minion Trolls KNOW that their boss is a fraud.  They are paid propagandists, and they have done their job well, for years.

Word to the wise.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:31:41 pm
You have named yourself well, sir.
I get that a lot from folks who can't defend their position. ;)

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 07:34:46 pm
I get that a lot from folks who can't defend their position. ;)

There are many GREAT people in Arkansas who fit that description.  Simple, trusting, and naive.  I love them all.   I am NOT one of them - when it comes to inabliity to defend a position in writing.  Maybe someday I'll be as GOOD a person as they are, but you will never be.  Try again, paid Troll.  You have bitten more than you will ever be able to chew.

And should you not be helping your boss pack his bags?

swineology

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 09, 2017, 05:54:44 pm
Here is what it boils down to.

According to a good faction of you, Bobby Petrino was a scumbag. Jeff hired said scumbag. Scumbag won games, wrecked hiimself and Jeff fired him....claiming superior morals and integrity.

Jeff then hires Smile. Smile has lots of financial trouble. Jeff works his contract where his money is safe from bankruptcy. Smile sets fire to a pretty good team.

Jeff then hires Bret. Enough has been said about this...but we are now in the worst 6 year stretch in football since the 40's. Football is your cash cow and his last 3 hires have been failures...

Put it this way...if you as a general manager of Lou's discount liquor and 50¢ trinkets store and your last 3 hires  we're a serial killer, according to some of y'all, an arsonist and a dunce...Lou isn't going to keep you around....

PRJ

When's the last time you walked the campus?
Haven't you seen the new facilites that were needed to keep up with the SEC?

JL is well respected in the NCAA world, but the GOBN doesn't want to hear the truth. They're pissed because they can't drink Coke and meddle in the AD.

Yup, fire his A$$ and burn this program down again.

That'll fix it.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:40:34 pm
There are many GREAT people in Arkansas who fit that description.  Simple, trusting, and naive.  I love them all.   I am NOT one of them.  Try again, paid Troll.
I don't take your meaning.  I'm not trolling, however if I can get paid for it then I might try it out.

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: swineology on November 09, 2017, 07:43:05 pm

JL is well respected in the NCAA world, but the GOBN doesn't want to hear the truth. They're pissed because they can't drink Coke and meddle in the AD.

That'll fix it.

Gross.   Is this not obvious yet?

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 07:43:11 pm
I don't take your meaning.  I'm not trolling, however if I can get paid for it then I might try it out.

I doubt that very seriously.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:47:17 pm
I doubt that very seriously.
Look dude.  Either defend your position or move on.  I basically pointed out that you stated your opinion as facts and instead of correcting me with real facts you basically resorted to name calling.  Now who's the troll?

Jack Kemp

seasonhog

Quote from: swineology on November 09, 2017, 07:43:05 pm

That'll fix it.

Can't drink coke................that enough right there....fire them all.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 07:56:22 pm
Look dude.  Either defend your position or move on.  I basically pointed out that you stated your opinion as facts and instead of correcting me with realfacts you basically resorted to name calling. Now who's the troll?

You

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 07:56:22 pm
Look dude.  Either defend your position or move on.  I basically pointed out that you stated your opinion as facts and instead of correcting me with real facts you basically resorted to name calling.  Now who's the troll?

YOU are.  And I'll bet you are paid to be one.  Like me to find out?

The guy came here, pretending to be a, "Professional Athletic Director," as if that is something that even exists, stood on a podium pretending to cry, so as to promote himself while firing a coach, lied about the reasons to fire that coach so that he could pretend to have more integrity than the average Joe, then sold "Long on Integrity" T-Shirts!   For crying out loud, are you BLIND?

If you don't think that the term, "Carpetbagger" fits Jeff Long, then you don't know what a carpetbagger IS.   A carpetbagger is a fraud, above all else.  Long isn't a carpetbagger because he came from Pittsburgh.  He's a carpetbagger because he is a FRAUD.  We were just too stupid to ask, "What is in your bottle of snake oil?"   Ask yourself:  What makes Jeff Long qualified to be an AD?   Answer:  NOTHING.  Nothing at all, other than his ridiculous claim to be a 'professional AD.'   That is why his results are so ... horrific.  If the administrators of the University of Arkansas had any sense at all, they would beg the FBI to see if they could find out how much of their money that dude has funneled to banks in the Caribbean.    LESSON:   When someone starts crowing about how much integrity he has, its a RED FLAG telling you to DUCK.

Three and Snout

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 09, 2017, 04:56:47 pm
Anger, there's too much anger that we've lost football games.  Firing the coach won't release enough anger so the unwashed masses want to fire the athletic director too. 

Objectively he's done a fair job and in a sane world his job would only be threatened if he refused to fire Bielema after this season but we don't live in that world. 

There's also a neo-confederate bias that doesn't want an AD who was born in a non slave state

Anger? Seriously? No, there is a real body of work to go on with Jeff Long.
Let's start with his first head coaching search. Our illustrious AD "whittled down " to serious negotiations with Tommy Bowden and Jim Grobe( the latter of which , briefly accepted the job, only to sleep on it, and back out). Now fast forward .So, what  are those two doing today? Hell, Baylor couldn't run off Grobe fast enough!!
But, back to that hire going into '08;  Bobby Petrino aggressively pursued the job , and Long , to get an interview. By some miracle, he secured the job.
Then, four years, five months later, Long got his reckoning, and pounced on an opportunity to fire him.
Afterward, in " stunning fashion " he hires John L. Smith to a reassuring 10 month contract. ( don't need to go any further).
Then, during the course of a very special 2012 campaign, Long receives a "love letter" filled with "sweet nothings" in his ear, from none other than our current sitting coach , who is dangerously on the path to an 11-29 conference record over five seasons.
( note: Sylvester Croom went 10-30 in five seasons at MS State; leaving them "Croomed").
Back to the "love letter" and our number one ranked AD. I have yet to see anyone on this site, or elsewhere, share any evidence that Long conducted a true coaching search, involving the serious interview and evaluation of several viable candidates for the head coaching opening at the University of Arkansas. If , as it appears, he made a hire of the current head coach, without a thorough interview and search process, then he is unfit to assume those duties and responsibilities. PERIOD.
Secondly,
the fact of the matter is , he is a "yankee". It doesn't matter if you like it or not, or even whether or not you like the term.
The reality is that he is from the North. The reality is , even today, people that hail from that region are different. It doesn't necessarily mean they're bad per se, but they are different. I should know, because I travel coast to coast for a living. I currently cover New York State and Connecticut. I can personally attest to the fact that people in that area are , to this day, different than those of us in the South. Which leads me to the point that if you are from the South, you still have a real understanding of this fact. Typically, transplants and other non natives are the ones that wind up " wearing their emotions on their sleeves" over this. Not sure where you personally fall, but my "radar " is certainly going off.

Lastly, your use of " neo- confederate and slave state" sends an interesting signal to me. So, whenever you're ready for a history lesson ,let me know by sending me a PM. I would be happy to enlighten you. I was a history major and studied at both private and public universities ( including the UA) with my primary focus the American Civil War.

PossumFan

My observations:

- Long scored huge points with me for the way he handled the Petrino debacle.
- Hogville is the only place I can think of where integrity is considered a fault.
- I don't understand why folks question his credentials. The man had a 20-year career in athletic administration before coming to Fayetteville.
- The JLS appointment can be excused because there really weren't any obvious better choices at the time.
- The Bielema hire looked like a home run when it was made. There was absolutely nothing in Bielema's history to suggest he would not be a success here. The only mistake Long made in this regard was the big buyout when Bielema really hadn't earned it yet.
- All in all, not a perfect tenure by any means -- but not much cause for firing him either, IMO.

Piggfoot

Quote from: rtr on November 09, 2017, 07:31:14 pm
You really think Hogville put him in this position?  If so, that is absolutely precious.
please go back and read the OP and answer that question. I'm not going to have an opinion on Long based on rumor or personal dislike.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Three and Snout on November 09, 2017, 08:00:53 pm
They were given out.

Even worse.  But, +1 to you for being the rare Minion Troll with a sense of humor.   

KennyForAD

Quote from: PossumFan on November 09, 2017, 08:01:45 pm
My observations:

- Long scored huge points with me for the way he handled the Petrino debacle.
- Hogville is the only place I can think of where integrity is considered a fault.
- I don't understand why folks question his credentials. The man had a 20-year career in athletic administration before coming to Fayetteville.
- The JLS appointment can be excused because there really weren't any obvious better choices at the time.
- The Bielema hire looked like a home run when it was made. There was absolutely nothing in Bielema's history to suggest he would not be a success here. The only mistake Long made in this regard was the big buyout when Bielema really hadn't earned it yet.
- All in all, not a perfect tenure by any means -- but not much cause for firing him either, IMO.

Gross.  Go back to Pittsburgh.  I hear its much nicer now.

Pork Ranger

If he valued integrity so much he wouldn't have hired a coach who quit on his team with 3 games left on the schedule.

He just used the unfortunate incident as a pedestal to hoist himself up on

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:59:43 pm
YOU are.  And I'll bet you are paid to be one.  Like me to find out?

The guy came here, pretending (opinion)to be a, "Professional Athletic Director," as if that is something that even exists, stood on a podium pretending (opinion) to cry, so as to promote himself(opinion) while firing a coach, lied (opinion) about the reasons to fire that coach so that he could pretend (opinion) to have more integrity than the average Joe, then sold "Long on Integrity" T-Shirts! (accusation)   For crying out loud, are you BLIND? (Not blind, just not willing to read too much into things.)

If you don't think that the term, "Carpetbagger" fits Jeff Long, then you don't know what a carpetbagger IS.  A carpetbagger is a fraud, above all else.  Long isn't a carpetbagger because he came from Pittsburgh.  He's a carpetbagger because he is a FRAUD.  We were just too stupid to ask, "What is in your bottle of snake oil?"   Ask yourself:  What makes Jeff Long qualified to be an AD?   Answer:  NOTHING.  Nothing at all, other than his ridiculous claim to be a 'professional AD.'   That is why his results are so ... horrific.  If the administrators of the University of Arkansas had any sense at all, they would beg the FBI to see if they could find out how much of their money that dude has funneled to banks in the Caribbean.    LESSON:   When someone starts crowing about how much integrity he has, its a RED FLAG telling you to DUCK.
If your assumptions are correct then yes, the term "Carpetbagger" would fit.  I'm just not into unfairly judging folks.

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 09, 2017, 08:07:27 pm
If he valued integrity so much he wouldn't have hired a coach who quit on his team with 3 games left on the schedule.

He just used the unfortunate incident as a pedestal to hoist himself up on

Drive his sorry ass out of here!

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 08:07:55 pm
If your assumptions are correct then yes, you the term "Carpetbagger" would fit.  I'm just not into unfairly judging folks.

Neither are the good people of Arkansas.  But be warned.  Once they figure you out, you better run.   As for me, I've seen atrocities far greater than yours.  Long hasn't drawn any blood that I know of.   But its time to get the Hell out of Dodge, and if you don't know it, you should.

cram224

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 07:32:21 pm
The buyout was originally for $15mil.  It reduces every month to the point that at the end of this years, it will be $5.9mil.
How do you know that?

PossumFan

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:04:17 pm
Gross.  Go back to Pittsburgh.  I hear its much nicer now.

I know your're just being a smart-a**, but in case anyone takes you seriously: I'm not from Pittsburgh, I live in Virginia. I'm not being paid by anyone (other than Social Security and my pension fund). I'm just a regular Hog fan who thinks all this hatred for Long is a bit over the top and undeserved. If I truly made you vomit, I extend my sincere apologies. 

rtr

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 08:02:34 pm
please go back and read the OP and answer that question. I'm not going to have an opinion on Long based on rumor or personal dislike.
The OP is as clueless as you, only the President, Chancellor and BOT know for sure.  They are not taking a hard look because of the reasons listed in the OP. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PossumFan on November 09, 2017, 08:11:10 pm
I know your're just being a smart-a**, but in case anyone takes you seriously: I'm not from Pittsburgh, I live in Virginia. I'm not being paid by anyone (other than Social Security and my pension fund). I'm just a regular Hog fan who thinks all this hatred for Long is a bit over the top and undeserved. If I truly made you vomit, I extend my sincere apologies. 

You didn't.  But thank you for your courtesy. 

KennyForAD

Goodnight Trolls.   Good luck finding your worm eating slimy snake of a boss a new job. 

Three and Snout

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:03:07 pm
Even worse.  But, +1 to you for being the rare Minion Troll with a sense of humor.

jabberjawls

Arrogance.  Out of touch with Arkansas people, traditions and expectations.  Dishonest.  Condescending.  Self-promoter.  That pretty much defines a carpet bagger.

mceasy1001

I am 33 years old and within those 33 years we the razorbacks have had a total of 6 double digits win seasons.  Jeff Long happens to have been the AD for 1/3 of them.

Jeff inherited a mediocre athletic department at best.  An average football program, below average men's and women's basketball, and good (still good) baseball and track programs.

Yes Jeff got rid of the front facing hog, the lady backs name, and yes has added grey to the color scheme.  I understand that people are going to want him fired no matter what the facts say, but as long as we are not like LSU and writing hot checks he has to stay if you want BB gone.

There will not be a decent coach that would want to come here without having a named AD with a long contract.

Hogvillage Idiot

The only thing that really bothers me about Jeff Long is that he was hired by John White.  I'm not passing judgement on whether or not Mr. Long is adequately performing the duties for which he was hired, but considering that he was hired by John White - I'm not quite sure what those duties are.

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: PossumFan on November 09, 2017, 08:11:10 pm

Has anyone here noticed that all these 'Jeff Long Supporters' happen to 'live' (or more likely, their IP addresses ID them) in Washington, D.C. and Virginia, etc?   Wake up people.  If you think DOUGLAS (Or anyone - No offense to Douglas) can stop a real computer expert from faking accounts, then I envy you for the fantasy world in which you live.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:25:16 pm
Has anyone here noticed that all these 'Jeff Long Supporters' happen to 'live' (or my likely their IP addresses ID them) in Washington, D.C. or Virginia, etc?   Wake up people.
You assume way too much.

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 08:27:37 pm
You assume way too much.

I never really assumed that you were an 'idiot,'  Just that you were willing to do a job that I would never do.  ;)

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:28:42 pm
I never really assumed that you were an 'idiot.'   :)
I'll get you at recess! :P

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 09, 2017, 08:30:40 pm
I'll get you at recess!

I'll be there.  Do you mind if I show up on a bulldozer?

KennyForAD

Seriously,

Good night, and kudos to you trolls with a sense of humor.  Maybe there is hope for you.